The Netflix Thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for saving me from this - it was next on my list after I wrapped up The Witcher. I like the black chick in Bones, but I ain't got no time for SJW nonsense.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
hot tip for those that liked Mandy:

Beyond the Black Rainbow

-a movie by the same director Panos Cosmatos (jesus you can't make up a more greek name if you tried) is streaming for free on a few free services like Vudu and Tubi right now. I saw it a long time ago, its pretty wild.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Glitch Techs' first 10 episodes (pilot is a double) were finally released by Netflix after acquiring it from Nick's development hell. Gamer version of ghostbusters/MIB for younger audiences with smooth animation and whacky game mechanics. The series appears to have zero romance elements and the majority of the pandering is limited to the pilot. Word is another batch of ten episodes is ready in the pipeline but Nick halted dev on ten more after that (before they inked the Netflix deal).

Animation example / zany delusional antics:

Netflix and Nickelodeon today announced that they have formed a new, multi-year output deal to produce original animated feature films and television series - based both on the Nickelodeon library of characters as well as all-new IP

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
The second season of: Formula 1 - Drive to survive is up now.

So far I've only watched eps 1 & 2. Ep 2 was really interesting as it got into the whole period with this shady company Rich Energy who got on board as a main sponsor for the Haas team.

If you hadn't followed the Rich Energy saga, it was a long drawn out crash into a mountain. In truth there was a lot that the show didn't ( or couldn't ) show regarding that company: not putting down any real money, using a company logo that wasn't theirs, running their mouth on twitter, plus oddly they didn't seem to have an actual product, hmm.

Anyways worth a watch for a good behind the scenes, fly on the wall doco

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not ok with this

Series. 7.8/10. Pretty solid. Basically another remake of Carrie. More contemporary vs Carries "shes a witch" nutty mom. Better then Sabrina imho. not nearly as woke. but still teenagers... protag is kindof annoying. but does get called out for her shit repeatedly. A few lame teen/highschool cliches.
My wife and i are about halfway through it. It's better than i expected but not really good. When the main character chick smiles she looks just like that clapping windup monkey and physically she is awkward in the soft way. They wrote her very whiny. Honestly if it wasn't a superhero show it'd be better than most of their coming of age stuff currently running.

On a separate note what is it with superhero stuff lately? Do they all have to discover their powers via scream and emotion?

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I watched I am not ok with this and enjoyed it quite a bit. I burst out laughing at "that scene" in the final episode.. it was great.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

Freaks

This was pretty good. 7.5/10

Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Was disconcerting with not-Jack-Black running around. Ummm... spoiler?

End was badass when mom was just turning people in to mist flying around.

Little girl was surprisingly good also. Reminded me of a young Jodie Foster or something?

• 1Solidarity

yimmien

Molten Core Raider

This looks hysterical, definitely on the watch list

This park in OK is still open under different ownership. It is a really cool place to go now. We were able to schedule 20 minutes to play with baby liger (yes lion/tiger mix) cubs in a private tour. My wife came close to getting eaten in the timber wolf pen because she didn't realize she had small cut on her head from earlier in the tour. The guide got us out of there pretty quick when one of the wolves snapped at another while she was petting it.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this last night and really enjoyed it. Was disconcerting with not-Jack-Black running around. Ummm... spoiler?

End was badass when mom was just turning people in to mist flying around.

Little girl was surprisingly good also. Reminded me of a young Jodie Foster or something?
It was an above average origin? movie. The kid was a great little actress, i think my wife said dpDrew Barrymore but same idea. I'm hoping for a sequel.

• 1Like