The Netflix Thread

Caliane

We need more activity in this thread. Yesterday I went back in time and watched 1980 "The Changling" because I heard it was a classic and i'm having a tough time finding things to watch in netflix/amazon. I suppose I can continue my visual spelunking and hit up "Farscape" "The Wire" and other series I missed over the years. Hmm wrong thread for that.

I need to see more stuff like Starry Eyes and House of the Devil. Horror is either good or real real bad.
"bloodride" is a decent short anthology of horror. Scandinavian.

I wouldn't recommend most of my recent netflix watching.

sol levante... 4min test trailer, netflix is pretending is a movie. and a bunch of review sites are insisting is so very important. wtf retardation is this?
Molly's game. angry feminist mad at her dad wolf of wallstreet. decent watch. kindof detest Molly.
Ozark s3 great.
the platform. was recommended here. I couldn't stand 5 minutes and stopped.
Jojo's bizarre adventure. Eh. the memes, but overall its not great.
is it wrong to try and pick up girls in a dungeon. shitty harem anime.
akame ga kill. mediocre harem anime, where spoilers everyone dies, which is kindof funny.
kingdom s2. not as good as s1.
spenser confidential. meh at best.
dragon quest your story. pretty cgi... but lame story. its DQ 6 that suddenly turns into an isekai VR amnesia story. very strange. crazy weird moral. "video game characters are real to me, so are worth fighting for. also, somehow living an entire life from childhood to adulthood, having a wife and children in a VR game, is good and not nightmare fuel.
Freaks. another not X-men. pretty well done though. 7/10. about on par with Push, etc.
the recall. 6/10. alright alien abduction b movie.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
We need more activity in this thread. Yesterday I went back in time and watched 1980 "The Changling" because I heard it was a classic and i'm having a tough time finding things to watch in netflix/amazon. I suppose I can continue my visual spelunking and hit up "Farscape" "The Wire" and other series I missed over the years. Hmm wrong thread for that.

I need to see more stuff like Starry Eyes and House of the Devil. Horror is either good or real real bad.
Do you have Shudder? Tons of good stuff on there. Bliss is good. Satanic Panic is fun. Housewife. Howl is an interesting indie werewolf flick. In the Mouth of Madness is one of my all time favorites. Head hunter is an awesome indie flick.

Also out for rent is Underwater and The Hunt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not been on Netflix much lately - since we discovered the deep well of D horror/monster/whatever movies on Amazon Prime, we've been stuck there haha

Gal does want to watch that prison/food/elevator movie, but that just looks too.... something, to sit through.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
anyone have any other shudder recommendations? ive watched

daniels isnt real and the room so far, both were fairly passable.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not been on Netflix much lately - since we discovered the deep well of D horror/monster/whatever movies on Amazon Prime, we've been stuck there haha

Gal does want to watch that prison/food/elevator movie, but that just looks too.... something, to sit through.

It isn’t that bad to sit through. Moves along and does a mediocre job of keeping you engaged. There’s only one or two spots I can remember it dragged.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just watched Platform. It was alright. Grossest part was watching people eat and the obnoxious sounds they added in for it.

333 levels. 2 people per level = 666. I get it!....Maybe?

Not sure what the Don Quixote thing was supposed to mean. Perhaps it's all in his mind that he's the savior and he can do anything at all to fix the system? Delusions of Grandeur just like Don Quixote? Dunno. Kind of wish it had a more concrete ending with closure rather than what it was.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
My moron coworker actually recommended a good movie for a change. And it's a Polish film with subtitles! If I had to bet money, I'd have bet against this ever happening.

It is called The Plagues of Breslau, and it is about a serial killer that is reprising some supposed historical "week of punishment" that some ruler did in the past. I'm not sure that the historical part of it ever actually happened, it might have been made up just for the movie, but it doesn't really matter. I really liked it, despite assuming it would suck dick before I even started, and then finding out that I'd have to read subtitles for the whole movie (trust me, don't even try the dubs Netflix offers). It isn't a perfect movie, and some of the ending is a little bit of a stretch, but I thought it worked well enough.

One thing that made me laugh was a review that I checked just now, where it said the following:
What Movies Will It Remind You Of?: Seven, Seven, Seven, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Seven.

I'd give it a solid 7.5/10. The extra .5 is because they got some of the least attractive women possible for every role except the news reporter, which is surprisingly refreshing after the typical Hollywood fare.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
anyone have any other shudder recommendations? ive watched

daniels isnt real and the room so far, both were fairly passable.

Whole bunch of suggestions I made yesterday here.

• 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
John Henry on Netflix now. Sounds like Steel from DC? Terry Crews and Ludicris? I'm so conflicted on watching it lol.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
not related to Steel.

John Henry is just a folk hero name. john Henry the steel-driving man. gets used alot.
Yeah read up on it after, got mixed with DC character, which is John Henry Irons, wasn't too familiar with him, aside from the Death of Superman arc.

Not familiar with the folklore, that's actually kinda interesting. Hard pass on the movie though.

spronk

FPS noob
anyone watch The Last Days of American Crime on Netflix? Dropped 3 days ago, so far 0% from 21 critics on RT, 16/100 on Metascore. I'm morbidly curious about it now

Summary: As a final response to terrorism and crime, the U.S. government plans to broadcast a signal making it impossible for anyone to knowingly commit unlawful acts. Graham Bricke (Edgar Ramírez), a career criminal who was never able to hit the big score, teams up with famous gangster progeny Kevin Cash (Michael C. Pitt), and black market hacker Shelby Dupree (Anna Brewster), to commit the heist of the century and the last crime in American history before the signal goes off.

i think it stars the dude from Boardwalk Empire. no, not buscemi, the young guy

movie is also bizzarely 2 1/2 hours long

Caliane

Eurovision.

Ok at best. its pretty super derivative of Blades of glory. and semi-pro.
Some weak jokes.
The whole weird sexless thing going on at the start is weak. The "aren't you brother and sister?" stuff would be much funnier if they were openly a couple.
Lots of musician cameos, and breaking out into auto-tune songs.

Will Ferrell is too old, and a huge drag on the movie. like, the lines are fine.. but, this movie would have been MUCH more amusing with someone else in his role. Like
or Trond Fausa - IMDb
have one of these two play the lead. and just have Will do rewrites/adlibing as needed.

Rachel McAdams kills it. but she doesnt sing her own parts.

idk, more then a few Ferrell comedies were just meh the first time I saw them, and got more funny on repeated viewings..

Last edited:

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eurovision.

Some weak jokes.
The whole weird sexless thing going on tat the start is weak. The "aren't you brother and sister?" stuff would be much funnier if they were openly a couple.

Will Ferrell is too old, and a huge drag on the movie. like, the lines are fine.. but, this movie would have been MUCH more amusing with someone else in his role. Like
or Trond Fausa - IMDb
have one of these two play the lead. and just have Will do rewrites/adlibing as needed.

idk, more then a few Ferrell comedies were just meh the first time I saw them, and got more funny on repeated viewings..

I thought it was rather funny. The accents were great, the songs and costumes were very dumb, and Ferrell was the right amount of stupid. The brother and sister thing I took as a joke about a small town on a small island population. Or a joke about how Pierce Brosnan was banging everyone.

Rachel McAdams does kill it.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Athele A - about USA Gymnastics and Larry Nassar... What a fucking piece of shit human and organization. Watch the interrogation scene when he gets asked about being erect.

• 2Solidarity

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
*edit This is the Netflix MOVIE forum, not rando TV show, my bad!

Last edited:

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Eurovision.

Some weak jokes.
The whole weird sexless thing going on at the start is weak. The "aren't you brother and sister?" stuff would be much funnier if they were openly a couple.

or Trond Fausa - IMDb

Watched part of this last night as I was falling asleep last night. My main takeaway was that it's hard to give a shit about the plot of this movie when this happened in reality:

• 1Solidarity