The Netflix Thread

spronk

FPS noob
thats a pretty banging soundtrack, i didn't even know this was a thing. I need to watch the original cowboy bebop anime

• 1Spotlight
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
thats a pretty banging soundtrack, i didn't even know this was a thing. I need to watch the original cowboy bebop anime

At least 85% of what made Cowboy Bebop what it was is the amazing soundtrack. It'd be like Star Wars without Williams. I still throw the OST on from time to time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
coming to Netflix in USA goofy chick John Wick

trailer basically shows the movie

Fuck me sideways that movie looks like just about the epitome of "the worst". The eternal question is "is there a lucrative market" for this shit? The answer is NO but They keep on trying to find one, and blame misogyny when it fails.

Watched Netflix's Night in Paradise and it was actually pretty decent. It was about 20-30 mins too long (it clocks in at 2 hours and 11 mins), but I was entertained and a little bummed in the end. It has been a while since I have felt much while watching a movie, but I think this one actually moved the needle.

South Korea has been my favorite movie-generating country for a good 10 years now, after I watched "I Saw The Devil", one of my fav movies of all time.

• 2Solidarity

Caliane

coming to Netflix in USA goofy chick John Wick

trailer basically shows the movie

Karen Gillan alone I think would have been fine. Things like Underworld work great. (yes, as a vampire, super powers there..)

But as soon as they put this stupid, "all female organization", and the retarded female author scene, this gets retarded. Its like RED 2, where they have this retarded, geriatric superspy shit.
putting your retarded premise before making a good movie, is going to take me right out of it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Karen Gillan alone I think would have been fine. Things like Underworld work great. (yes, as a vampire, super powers there..)

But as soon as they put this stupid, "all female organization", and the retarded female author scene, this gets retarded. Its like RED 2, where they have this retarded, geriatric superspy shit.
putting your retarded premise before making a good movie, is going to take me right out of it.

I don’t even mind the movie. This movie looks like it’s trying to be goofy as fuck and it’s kinda funny seeing his ridiculous it is. The problem is people actually believe this idiocy and how hard it’s pushed. The only thing women do better Is give birth? Provide excessive empathy to fuck up the natural balance? Make mental illness look like it’s normal for half the population? I’m digging hard here.

Id watch this movie 20 years ago and have fun with it. Today, I know it will enable and fund more extremist progressive ideas. Hard pass.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Fuck me sideways that movie looks like just about the epitome of "the worst". The eternal question is "is there a lucrative market" for this shit? The answer is NO but They keep on trying to find one, and blame misogyny when it fails.

women seem to be the biggest watchers of netflix now, all the top 10 shows are basically aimed at women. what the fuck do i know what women want. im sadge that the hot chick action movies featuring women in bikinis fighting isn't really a thing anymore, the women are all dressed up in burkas now.

anyways Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe soft reboot premieres July 23d, Mark Hamill is one of the VAs

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That looks pretty decent. Wish Netflix could have picked up the Thundercats reboot from 2013 after CN canceled it, they have a good enough track record with animated properties.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
women seem to be the biggest watchers of netflix now, all the top 10 shows are basically aimed at women. what the fuck do i know what women want. im sadge that the hot chick action movies featuring women in bikinis fighting isn't really a thing anymore, the women are all dressed up in burkas now.

anyways Kevin Smith's Masters of the Universe soft reboot premieres July 23d, Mark Hamill is one of the VAs

Actually, you are so very right! That top 10 almost invariably consists of movies I have thumbed down - rom coms and retarded reality TV and a handful of kids shows/movies. Unconsciously I was aware of it but it took you pointing it out for it to really hit home for me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Not huge on comedy specials in general, but this one is actually pretty fucking good:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
would almost bet this get 5 seasons.........

First Kill
when it's time for teenage vampire Juliette to make her first kill so she can take her place among a powerful vampire family, she sets her sights on a new girl in town named Calliope. But much to Juliette's surprise, Calliope is a vampire hunter, from a family of celebrated slayers. Both find that the other won't be so easy to kill and, unfortunately, way too easy to fall for.
View attachment 356497

View attachment 356495

View attachment 356496
This sounds like a super woke way worse version of Teen Wolf.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Not huge on comedy specials in general, but this one is actually pretty fucking good:

I really enjoyed it. To me it's more of an art piece and less of a comedy than his normal specials. Music album is out on Spotify as well, but really need the visuals for the first watch. Really enjoyed song like Bezos and All Eyes On Me.