The Netflix Thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I downloaded it a couple weeks ago simply because it had Kate Beckinsale in it, and I'm a sucker for her. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I thought I would. I also never would have known it existed if I didn't randomly check the latest torrents list and saw her name.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks For Sharing. I thought it would be a RomCom for the couples but it was about bruce banner's struggle with sex addiction. 5-6/10

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Outlander 2008 I think I used hola for Europe to watch it, but it is Vikings vs a dragon and Ron Pearlman shows up half way through so you can say holy shit is that Ron Pearlman?

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Well, technically it's SpacemanBeowulf + Vikings vs dragon-alien, but yeah, it's a pretty decent flick, and the chic is hot.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Well, technically it's SpacemanBeowulf + Vikings vs dragon-alien, but yeah, it's a pretty decent flick, and the chic is hot.
Didn't want to give away the plot, but yeah the whole space alien was thrown in to justify vikings vs dragons.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
It's not a movie but I just watched Australian TV series "Danger 5" on Netflix. Holy fuck. It,'s a parody of 60s movies but they fight Nazi dinosaurs in the second episode and the whole thing is as awesome as that.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Spartacus... goooooooooooooooooood damn. When it was released i just didnt have the time for another series. Boy am i enjoying every episode of this regardless of the main actor switch after season 1.

I just dig the visuals / story / sex / violence. Real sad am about to finish last season. I could keep watching this shit for a whiiiiiile.

rrr_img_90593.jpg

Siliconemelons

Spartacus... goooooooooooooooooood damn. When it was released i just didnt have the time for another series. Boy am i enjoying every episode of this regardless of the main actor switch after season 1.

I just dig the visuals / story / sex / violence. Real sad am about to finish last season. I could keep watching this shit for a whiiiiiile.

rrr_img_90593.jpg
I am only a few episodes into S2... kinda hard for me to latch on- but I watched when it was first released s1, then Gods of Arena...and those two sessions ended so awesomely its hard to me to pickup... does s2 pickup and is s3 worth the trip?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Short answer: S2 does pick up and S3 with Crassus going all out to try and capture Spartacus makes for some awsome tv.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
The One I Love

Really great movie. Has romantic themes but like Gone Girl it doesn't really seem like one to watch with a significant other (for different reasons than Gone Girl). I can't say much without spoiling anything but don't let the poster or descriptions fool you. It can easily be enjoyed by people that wouldn't normally give it a shot. It stays realistic about its relationship themes and doesn't get sappy. It has several good twists and the final twist ends with some good social commentary that has left me thinking about it for months. Being intentionally vague, sorry. 8/10.

It's Such a Beautiful Day

This movie blindsided me. Seen it four times now and easily one of the best things I've ever watched. It's a short 60 minute animated film in 3 segments by Don Hertzfeldt, best known by me at least for his "Rejected" cartoon from about a decade ago or in several small animated segments on Adult Swim. First thing about it, it is high art, although it probably won't seem like it at first. I could write a dissertation on its themes and significance. Second, it can at times be VERY uncomfortable to watch because of sensory and emotional overload. For only a 60 minute film it is so intense that it feels like an eternity. My suggestion would be to not take breaks and let the discomfort in at times. You're meant to feel that way and there is an extraordinary payoff in the ride and in the ending. It's the only time a film has left me literally speechless for 3-5 minutes while I collected my brain and heart off the floor. Lastly, I'm sure many won't get it or will get it and won't enjoy it but I had to share because it is truly an experience. 10/10.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I really enjoyed Spartacus. Watched all seasons in like a week of binge. Aside the cheesy tits and ass shots, this is a solid show and having watched it all I miss it. Makes me want to watch more of the roman era type shit.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Spartacus is worth watching just for Xena's tits. Season 2 was my favorite season.

Speaking of TV. If you were into the Sopranos, and you haven't watched Lilyhammer, do yourself a favor and watch it. Absolutely fantastic.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Season 2 was very rough for me. Mainly because I think I was just in mourning for Andy Whitfield. But it seemed like new Spartacus was hard to root for. Season 3 was better though

Needless

Toe Sucker
Oh shit.. that didn't even connect to me at all that i was staring at xena the entire time!
I marathoned the first season over the long weekend as well... cheesy as fuck CGI but its an entertaining show lol

Peter Mensah is badass as fuck

Caliane

It's not a movie but I just watched Australian TV series "Danger 5" on Netflix. Holy fuck. It,'s a parody of 60s movies but they fight Nazi dinosaurs in the second episode and the whole thing is as awesome as that.
seconded. good recommendation. I would not have checked this out otherwise. was meh on the joke at first. but as the running jokes started ramping up. was very amused.

The show as noted, is like a parody of bad 60's tv.
Its an entire series of Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Oh shit.. that didn't even connect to me at all that i was staring at xena the entire time!
I marathoned the first season over the long weekend as well... cheesy as fuck CGI but its an entertaining show lol

Peter Mensah is badass as fuck
Yeah he is.

I wish he lasted a little longer. I wasnt a big fan of the Egyptian. He was no theokoles.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
seconded. good recommendation. I would not have checked this out otherwise. was meh on the joke at first. but as the running jokes started ramping up. was very amused.

The show as noted, is like a parody of bad 60's tv.
Its an entire series of Ace Rimmer from Red Dwarf.
Yep, apparently there's a season 2 which makes fun of the 80's I'm hunting it down.

Here's a trailer for the first season if anybody is interested.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
Frank. 7/10. Whimsical and silly. I watched because I'd go gay for Fassbender. Movie just re-affirmed him as my mancrush.