The Netflix Thread

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont even know what this is.
91mb3k7S9XL._RI_.jpg

definitely no shame in that. but, its a awful girls cartoon/dolls from 2004.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I just finished watching the 24 episode anime Parasyte.

Thought it was good until the last 4 episodes where it got BAM out of nowhere incredibly heavy-handed with the "humans are destroying the earth" and "humans are the font of all the ecological problems on earth" and similar expositional tangents on this shit. It was 5/6 good so I guess that is my rating.

A kid and a puppy die in like the first 2 episodes, so it ain't fucking around.

• 1Like

Caliane

Thought it was good until the last 4 episodes where it got BAM out of nowhere incredibly heavy-handed with the "humans are destroying the earth" and "humans are the font of all the ecological problems on earth" and similar expositional tangents on this shit.
lol first anime?

spronk

FPS noob

Bridgerton is that Downton Abbey show where black people are British royalty from the 1820s. Its the most watched Netflix show ever now.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
huh didnt know this was a thing

also netflix price going up end of the month, going to be now $18/mo for me for their 4k, multiscreen option

• 2Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Really don't think its worth that. Nothing worth watching on there in a while.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor

I watched this yesterday, you guys will love it, it has a trans robot.

Much of the story sucks, the bad guy is just the worst, I don't think that allegory could have been any more thinly veiled if it had an OF. But the imagery and set pieces are cool. That image of Mars freaked my kids out, was cool.

Caliane

Much of the story sucks, the bad guy is just the worst, I don't think that allegory could have been any more thinly veiled if it had an OF. But the imagery and set pieces are cool. That image of Mars freaked my kids out, was cool.
ok, that trailer looks great. some real live action anime shit.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah the space action scenes are awesome. The team itself and the broad concept of all these humans living in orbiting slums scavenging for a living is fun, feels almost like a Stephen Chow movie but in space. But that bad guy, eesh.

Fucker

Log Wizard

They were clearly screwing around with the film and yet it managed to be far better than the last Star Wars films.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Space Sweepers was pretty legit. It's not some Oscar-worthy flick, it's just fun. Feel like I haven't seen a "fun" movie in a minute.

• 1Like

Caliane

yep, I enjoyed Space sweepers quite a bit. yeah, the villain was a comically one note anime cliche. but the whole damn thing was. just fun all around. if you like anime, or pacific rim, you'll probably like it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I haven't watched Netflix in years, but my wife started to watch "I Care So Much" and I figured I'd watch with her. If this is indicative of the writing Netflix has been pumping out, I'm actually embarrassed for them. I watch a decent amount of random YouTube channels (and RLM) that sometimes pop up about what makes a compelling story, or why some characters work and some don't. This one feels like it missed on everything.

The character motivations are just confusing. There's no consistent thread I can point to for any individual character. The plot is a mess. We finished and I honestly don't know what to say except "some stuff happened."

We started laughing at the end because of the absurdity of it all. It wasn't until we finished that I saw the label had it as a comedy. Except it wasn't funny at all. The laughs came from the absolute stupid shit they wrote. A good example is something like 2-3 minutes dedicated to the main character losing a tooth. It had absolutely nothing to do with anything, was inconsequential to the story, and was resolved without any particular consequence either.

It seemed like it was going for some kind of "strong woman" thing, but at the same time, they made a character with literally no redeeming factors.

Worst of all is they shoehorned in a lesbian relationship for the sake of doing so (but it's Netflix, so eh). I did laugh though, because at one of the most ridiculous points in the movie, my wife was like "time to scissor!" And sure enough, lesbian scene.

It's seriously one of the worst things I've watched in years. If it had been more B movie-ish, I could've cut it some slack, but it seemed like it was trying really hard.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
it makes more sense when you realize Netflix is basically the modern day Lifetime channel, chicks seem to overwhelmingly watch it. No Boys allowed

This week's US Top 10 Netflix TV shows, for the week of February 21, 2021:

1.) Behind Her Eyes (Limited Series) (NEW)
2.) Good Girls (Seasons 1-3) (NEW)
3.) iCarly (Seasons 1-2)
4.) Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Season 1)
5.) Firefly Lane (Season 1)
6.) Tribes of Europa (Season 1) (NEW)
7.) The Crew (Season 1) (NEW)
8.) Cocomelon (Seasons 1-2)
9.) Bridgerton (Season 1)
10.) The Sinner (Seasons 1-3)

i've never heard of any of those shows other than Bridgerton (We Wuz Kangs Downton Abbey) and Cocomelon (kids show) but they all sound like stuff my sisters would watch

at least netflix still lets me watch Star Trek and Stargate SG1, although i suspect in a few years all that scifi stuff will be gone

• 2Like

Goatface

6.) Tribes of Europa (Season 1) (NEW)
anyone watched this yet?
German
2074. In the wake of a mysterious global disaster, war rages between the Tribes that have emerged from the wreckage of Europe. Three siblings from the peaceful Origine tribe are separated and forced to forge their own paths.

Caliane

crime scene: cecil hotel doc is pretty short, and brings some pretty definitive answers to that internet mystery. worth a watch.
It does a decent job touching lightly on internet action, but also the police investigation. and, stringing you along with the mystery, before giving answers. Also internet sleuths ruining a guys life. First they came for Morbid, and I said nothing.

The Elisa Lam incident/death.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
crime scene: cecil hotel doc is pretty short, and brings some pretty definitive answers to that internet mystery. worth a watch.
It does a decent job touching lightly on internet action, but also the police investigation. and, stringing you along with the mystery, before giving answers. Also internet sleuths ruining a guys life. First they came for Morbid, and I said nothing.

The Elisa Lam incident/death.
for our trip to ca, we heard a "tip" was to get a hotel near chinatown, it'd be a little touristy and chinesey but less expensive, and my wife and i were like "fuck we're chinese, we can handle anything"

this hotel came up in search but it was like... too cheap, it had been renamed (from whatever it was called when she died) and review sites that don't moderate their reviews told us about the incident, heh.

then my wife was like

"fuck that, we're staying at a marriot"

• 2Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Knew that place sounded familiar. Stayed there in 2014 when Auburn played Florida State for the National Championship... Had to go back and search Gmail for my booking info.

A9F146B7-93B2-4AB6-8954-EBAA9CF91B5B.jpeg

The fact someone died was not listed under Important Hotel Information.

• 1Like