The Netflix Thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I am getting ready to cancel Hulu. I rarely watch it when I have Netflix, Paramount, Amazon and Peacock. I would actually rather watch HBO Max at this point and catch up on everything I have not watched.
Is Paramount worth it?

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Is Paramount worth it?

I signed up to watch 1863 or whatever year it was with the intent to cancel it but they have done a good job of keeping one show that I want to watch on it so I don't cancel. I watch Survivor so that's part of it but I'm currently watching the new Yellowstone spin off and Stallone's Tulsa gangster show.

You pay $10.00 a month for Peacock? I paid 25.00 for the year when they often offer deals.

I did too, but I put in standard prices for the sake of the discussion. I haven't really found much to watch on Peacock but $20 for the year made it worth it to me just to watch Sunday Night Football.

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob
its really, really worth the time and effort to invest in building out a NAS + plex (or jellyfin) server system. Then using torrents or stuff like radar/sonar you can slowly build out your own perma netflix and not worry about people yanking shit or delisting, you can share your library with friends and family over local or even the internet, and the money you'll save on streaming fees can go to upgrading your drives over the years

nowadays pretty much every smart TV and device includes a plex app, the infuse app on Apple TV+ devices even plays DoVi (Dolby vision) encodes flawlessly with no transcoding at all. I think my plex library is currently at around 80TB and around 800 TV shows and 3000 movies, at this point there are less than a dozen movies a year I'll add so expanding storage isn't much of an issue anymore since most of what Hollywood makes is trash. I moved my torrent client to my NAS server finally so it can seed 24x7 even.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
They dont even have the newest season of Yellowstone do they? its on some other CBS owned streaming service?
The new season of Yellowstone is not available to stream legit anywhere. The only non pirate way to watch is on the paramount network on cable.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The new season of Yellowstone is not available to stream legit anywhere. The only non pirate way to watch is on the paramount network on cable.

Ahahahahahahahahaha

Cat Costume GIF

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
its really, really worth the time and effort to invest in building out a NAS + plex (or jellyfin) server system. Then using torrents or stuff like radar/sonar you can slowly build out your own perma netflix and not worry about people yanking shit or delisting, you can share your library with friends and family over local or even the internet, and the money you'll save on streaming fees can go to upgrading your drives over the years

nowadays pretty much every smart TV and device includes a plex app, the infuse app on Apple TV+ devices even plays DoVi (Dolby vision) encodes flawlessly with no transcoding at all. I think my plex library is currently at around 80TB and around 800 TV shows and 3000 movies, at this point there are less than a dozen movies a year I'll add so expanding storage isn't much of an issue anymore since most of what Hollywood makes is trash. I moved my torrent client to my NAS server finally so it can seed 24x7 even.

What system are you using? What hard drives?

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Alice In Borderlands was cool as shit. Lots of people hated on it, but for a Netflix show it was legit. Here’s to my guy with the white hair, what a champ

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Alice In Borderlands was cool as shit. Lots of people hated on it, but for a Netflix show it was legit. Here’s to my guy with the white hair, what a champ

Yep I liked it too. It's super Japanese though which leads to some looking over at your wife saying "I unno" lol.

Paramount plus has all things Star Trek (even when it was good), Yellowstone universe, Tulsa King, Mayor of Kingstown, and a lot of old Nickelodeon shows for the kids like Dora and Rugrats. Biggest plus about them is the same as Peacock. They tend to put their movies on their early so you don't have to buy them. Top Gun Maverick comes to mind.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I can't remember if it was discussed, but I just finished The Recruit on Netflix. I really hope they make more seasons of it. Ended with a cliffhanger. You have to suspend your disbelief a lot, but I liked it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I got rid of Netflix about 6 months ago, but almost all services are ass right now. Wife is a primary reason for who I go with. Probably resubbing next month as I drop Hulu again, for quite a while. It will be a sad day, but the writing today makes 80s shows look like Shakespeare. Yes, the writing. At least Netflix has had some decent Korean shows to make up for the American ones.