The Netflix Thread

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Haha gonna have to watch Matt Rife special when it comes out. Shits pretty funny.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Never heard of him but he's playing a tiny venue right in my town next month
Sold out already:/

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched the first episode of Blue Eye Samurai, decent story and it doesn't shy away from blood and nudity. My complaints are the fact that neither the app nor Edge will play in 4K no matter what I do, seems to hate my QN90B so I have to settle for 1080p.

spronk

FPS noob

coming march 21st to netflix. From the creators of Game of Thrones (lol).

The books are absolutely nuts but it takes a LONG time to build up, it looks like the show will jump right into the craziness

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

coming march 21st to netflix. From the creators of Game of Thrones (lol).

The books are absolutely nuts but it takes a LONG time to build up, it looks like the show will jump right into the craziness
If Lizzo isn't his dream girl I'm out.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The books are also heavily influenced by Maoist struggle sessions and communism, at least the 1st book. It has been a while since I read it.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I made it through 2 books. The character dialogue is terrible and the endless tech explanation is annoying. If it wasn't for a couple of really good ideas It'd just be trash. The ending of the 2nd book surprised me, not gunna lie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ok is it true they pulled a He Man with the new Scott Pilgrim show haha? Read it's about Ramona and Pilgrim is killed off quick

• 1WTF

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Ok is it true they pulled a He Man with the new Scott Pilgrim show haha? Read it's about Ramona and Pilgrim is killed off quick
Not familiar with any He Man since 1987 but yes Ramona is the central character of the new show. As for if Pilgrim is killed off quick? ehh kind of...
It is a 'what if?' kind of deal. What if Scott Pilgrim "lost" his fight against Matthew Patel? It goes off on a different arc.
It's not as charming as the movie but it is still fun. Can't complain about having less Michael Cera's voice and more of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
edit: I take it back about it being fun. It was fun for the first few episodes and then I rapidly got bored of it as it went on. It was actually hard to watch the whole season, but I did manage to cross the finish line while half asleep on the couch.

Last edited:

Homsar

Not familiar with any He Man since 1987 but yes Ramona is the central character of the new show. As for if Pilgrim is killed off quick? ehh kind of...
It is a 'what if?' kind of deal. What if Scott Pilgrim "lost" his fight against Matthew Patel? It goes off on a different arc.
It's not as charming as the movie but it is still fun. Can't complain about having less Michael Cera's voice and more of Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
The remake of He-Man a year or two back they killed him off in the first episode. It was retarded

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
More people need to be talking about Blue Eye Samurai. Well written, violent, beautiful animation. Legitimate "strong female characters." Kathleen Kennedy and her team need to watch this.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
More people need to be talking about Blue Eye Samurai. Well written, violent, beautiful animation. Legitimate "strong female characters." Kathleen Kennedy and her team need to watch this.

Sounds like anime. 🤮

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ome

Molten Core Raider
This right here. I just got done watching this with my son over the last 2 days and this really is good shit to the point it honestly deserves its own thread.

Homsar

Sounds like anime. 🤮
Looks pretty decent, animation outside of Japan has been pretty good lately, not pixar or disney, those are terrible. Arcane killed it, and Puss n Boots was amazing but thats a movie

Last edited:

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>

Woke garbage. Check

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users