The Netflix Thread

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Stretch - way better than I thought it would be. Chris Pine has a roll that is not credited, pretty sure I know why lol.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stretch - way better than I thought it would be. Chris Pine has a roll that is not credited, pretty sure I know why lol.
Stretch was indeed way better than expected. Chris Pine stuff got unrealistic at times, but overall a good watch. Wife liked it too.

Knights of Badassdom was shit the entire way through. I kept apologizing to the others in the room as they asked me why are we watching this, "The message boards said this was good. It'll get better." It never did.
Take the worst parts of Role Models and stretch it out to a full length movie.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Knights of Badassdom was shit the entire way through. I kept apologizing to the others in the room as they asked me why are we watching this, "The message boards said this was good. It'll get better." It never did.
Take the worst parts of Role Models and stretch it out to a full length movie.
Sorry, I will take responsibility for this. When someone originally posted that it was a good movie, I wanted to chime in with how terrible it was, but for whatever reason I didn't, and now your movie choosing reputation is in peril. I apologize, and will try to do better next time.

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Sorry, I will take responsibility for this. When someone originally posted that it was a good movie, I wanted to chime in with how terrible it was, but for whatever reason I didn't, and now your movie choosing reputation is in peril. I apologize, and will try to do better next time.
It has all of the pieces in place to be a good movie. Cast is good and everything well acted, story seems enjoyable, and interesting setting for what they were shooting for but it just fell apart on almost every level and got really disjointed. There seems like there's an edit buried somewhere in there where this could be a more lighthearted Army of Darkness but it's lost on the current release. There's still rumored to be a director's cut release of this (or it might be out and I just can't be bothered to look) which sidesteps the studio limbo that this got caught in that resulted in the final edit but it's a really awkward horror comedy. It's not a terrible movie but I was expecting much more when I first saw the plot and cast.

The Trip To Italy was pretty good. Still not sure if I like it as much as The Trip but Coogan and Brydon make a great duo and it's worth the watch for anybody who enjoyed the first one. Don't remember which country's Netflix it's on but Canada is always a safe bet.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lawless - Staged in my area of the country it left me thinking about it for days.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
The Taking of Deborah Logan has great buildup. The supporting cast members acting isn't great, but the character of Deborah was phenomenal.

If you like Horror, go for it.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Stonehearst Asylum.

How in the world I missed a thriller based on an Edgar Allen Poe story with Ben Kingsley, Michael Caine, Kate Beckinsale, Brendan Gleeson, and David Thewlis is beyond me. I don't normally like period pieces except when they're really good and this one was really good. I loved everything. Great story, cast, acting, suspense, setting, costuming, etc. Check it out.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Better Life Through Chemistry: 7/10

Was funny at points. Olivia Wilde was in it, but wayyyyy too clothed. Sam Rockwell definitely had some great moments in it.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Anyone see Horns? Daniel Ratcliff shakes his Harry Potter image by growing some horns and raging a bit. Silly plot and predictable, but some cool freaky scenes - better than expected I suppose

Caliane

horns was alright. reviews weren't kind.
I didn't hate it as much as reviewers but wouldn't go out of my way to recommend. I feel end was a big letdown.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched "Frank". First half of the movie is great and hilarious. Middle and end get a little brooding and dark. Could have done without that but it was a good movie nonetheless.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stonehearst Asylum.

How in the world I missed a thriller based on an Edgar Allen Poe story with Ben Kingsley, Michael Caine, Kate Beckinsale, Brendan Gleeson, and David Thewlis is beyond me. I don't normally like period pieces except when they're really good and this one was really good. I loved everything. Great story, cast, acting, suspense, setting, costuming, etc. Check it out.
I was trying to figure out how this one slipped through the cracks too. On top of the cast, it's also directed by Brad Anderson (Session 9, The Machinist, Transsiberian). Session 9 in particular is one of my favorite horror movies of the last two decades, and Transsiberian was a damned good thriller too. Haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it yet, but I'm going to make time tonight.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was trying to figure out how this one slipped through the cracks too. On top of the cast, it's also directed by Brad Anderson (Session 9, The Machinist, Transsiberian). Session 9 in particular is one of my favorite horror movies of the last two decades, and Transsiberian was a damned good thriller too. Haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it yet, but I'm going to make time tonight.
Shit, I had this open on an IMDB tab in Chrome and couldn't for the life of me figure out why. Always forget about this thread. Guess I know what we're watching tomorrow night.