The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Christ, Belichick was almost smiling there.

It was the most frightening thing I've seen in my life.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Joe also played before the advent of all the pussy assed 'the quarterback is a delicate butterfly' rules.
No doubt. Its easier than ever for a QB. I don't have a problem with people thinking Montana is the best ever. I watched his Superbowl's like everyone else growing up. I just think Brady is in the mix.

Right, it's two different eras of football. Joe had to deal with big hits and his receivers getting mugged more but Brady has literally had people Bill found at Walmart playing on offense at times. They've had to let tons of guys go because of cap management, etc.

Impossible to compare, imo.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Brady is a great quarterback, but his team carried him to most of those Superbowls. The early ones for sure. Belicheat definitely candidate for best coach of all time. I mean he wins. He's a slimeball and a monster, but he wins. If that's how you want to measure a man I'll give him that.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Brady is a great quarterback, but his team carried him to most of those Superbowls.
I can't believe I'm going to defend Brady, but let's not forget how fucking good the 49ers defense was in the 80s. That's something that always gets overshadowed by Rice, Craig, Taylor, etc.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
The Belicheat shit is so stupid.

Every single team did the exact same thing that the Patriots did since the video tape was invented. The only reason the Pats got nailed for it was because they did it a week after the NFL sent out a memo to all the other teams saying not to do it anymore.

Jimmy Johnson has said he did it with the Cowboys all the time.

FFS.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I never thought in a million years I'd be rooting for Brady to win his 4th. But when you're a Niners fan, living in Seattle, this is the only choice now. It's the lesser of two evils. The Brady-Montana debates will always be there either way.