The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

moontayle

Golden Squire
youre seriously oblivious if you think punting it wasnt the right call.

honestly, dont ever expect anyone to assume you have any foundational knowledge regarding the sport ever again. ever, you're done.
Herm Edwards has some words for you:

Herman Edwards On The Edge: You Play To Win The Game - YouTube

4th and 1, 8m left in the game clinging on to a 3pt lead and you haven't scored more than a FG since the 1st quarter.

Yeah, the conservative play call is to punt it. It's the playoffs though. Fuck conservatism. You don't win playoff games by being conservative. You lay it on the line and you trust your players to get the job done.

Pick up the flag, don't pick up the flag. Whatever. If you can't convert a 4th and 1 in the playoffs to give yourself another set of downs and keep the clock rolling, then they didn't deserve to be there in the first place.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
youre seriously oblivious if you think punting it wasnt the right call.

honestly, dont ever expect anyone to assume you have any foundational knowledge regarding the sport ever again. ever, you're done.
The fact that it didn't work out proves it wasn't the right call. Just like the Cowboys punting on 4th and 6 wouldn't have been the right call.

Conventional =/ "right"

The fact that it didn't work out proves it wasn't the right call. Just like the Cowboys punting on 4th and 6 wouldn't have been the right call.

Conventional =/ "right"
no, thats wrong. in fact here's a ridiculously simple analogy:

I told the IRS through turbotax I made $15,000 less than I technically did to receive a bigger refund check. I received the check and havent been audited in 10 years.

Was that the RIGHT CALL Ambiturner?

Cmon man, get the fuck out of here with that shit

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ok, seriously, fuck the Cowboy haters at this point. Most of the Cowboy fans in this thread have been more than fucking reasonable all damn year. If this exact same scenario had played out in the Arizona/Carolina game, there would have been 10 seconds of discussion about it and then put to bed. But the media can't let a juicy story about shitty refereeing in a Cowboy game go, so here we are.

And the Cowboy haters in this thread have been 100x worse than anything the Cowboy fans have done. So fuck you guys. You can't stand it when the Cowboy fans are actually non-vocal, reasonable, and restrained, then fuck off. I hope this thread goes to even more shit than it already has over this coming week with Cowboy fans posting every other post how Romo got robbed for MVP, Murray should get OPOY, and Dez is the greatest WR since Jerry Rice. Fuck all of you.

Herm Edwards has some words for you:

Herman Edwards On The Edge: You Play To Win The Game - YouTube

4th and 1, 8m left in the game clinging on to a 3pt lead and you haven't scored more than a FG since the 1st quarter.

Yeah, the conservative play call is to punt it. It's the playoffs though. Fuck conservatism. You don't win playoff games by being conservative. You lay it on the line and you trust your players to get the job done.

Pick up the flag, don't pick up the flag. Whatever. If you can't convert a 4th and 1 in the playoffs to give yourself another set of downs and keep the clock rolling, then they didn't deserve to be there in the first place.
Yea Herm "Win %" Edwards has some advice guys

And the Cowboy haters in this thread have been 100x worse than anything the Cowboy fans have done. So fuck you guys. You can't stand it when the Cowboy fans are actually non-vocal, reasonable, and restrained, then fuck off. I hope this thread goes to even more shit than it already has over this coming week with Cowboy fans posting every other post how Romo got robbed for MVP, Murray should get OPOY, and Dez is the greatest WR since Jerry Rice. Fuck all of you.
What're you, a woman? Why dont you fuckin relax

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
It's going to be fun watching Dallas play knowing that NE will already been knocked out of the playoffs by fuck it im going deep average joe.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
obligatory proof of hypocrisy
rrr_img_87142.png
How much do love Dallas - admit it. Your small throbbing erection is going into overdrive here and its a pleasure to see. How many more pages can you lovelies fill with Dallas talk - first time this thread has been readable in years!

I dont give a flying fuck about Dallas. I would however prefer if penalties that were called, and announced, stayed as penalties though.

The idea that any of you cowboys fans read any of my posts, or Kiruns posts etc and took away from them that we're "cowboy haters" - really clues me, and the rest of the thread into how completely ignorant you are.

No, we're not "cowboy haters"... no one gives a FUCK about the cowboys. We just dont like when penalties in the NFL are called, announced, then taken back.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, no one gives a shit about your B- team.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
The idea that any of you cowboys fans read any of my posts, or Kiruns posts etc and took away from them that we're "cowboy haters" - really clues me, and the rest of the thread into how completely ignorant you are.

No, we're not "cowboy haters"... no one gives a FUCK about the cowboys. We just dont like when penalties in the NFL are called, announced then taken back.

This has nothing to do with the Cowboys, no one gives a shit about your B- team.
No we are laughing at your retarded asses bitching that a guy getting yanked by his face mask on top of a guy didn't get stuck with a shit PI call just because the ref furthest from the play threw a flag.

No we are laughing at your retarded asses bitching that a guy getting yanked by his face mask on top of a guy didn't get stuck with a shit PI call just because the ref furthest from the play through a flag.
hey guy, they called a penalty and announced it. did you happen to catch the game?

moontayle

Golden Squire
I'd argue with you about that point but it wouldn't make any difference.

I will, however, guaran-fucking-tee that you, Azeth, would be all up in this thread doing exactly what we're doing if the Patriots had something like that happen in their favor.

We'll all hypocrites here, let's not forget that.

I'd argue with you about that point but it wouldn't make any difference.

I will, however, guaran-fucking-tee that you, Azeth, would be all up in this thread doing exactly what we're doing if the Patriots had something like that happen in their favor.

We'll all hypocrites here, let's not forget that.
yea, right because that furthers this conversation and provides insight.

"well, i know everything i just said is wrong, BUT YOU WOULD SAY IT TOO"

Im not your guy buddy, and they announced they were wrong and fixed their mistake. did you happen to catch the game?
Thats not how it works. You know how often a ref looks up at the jumbo and sees his call was wrong?

You know how often that changes the call?

Never, yesterday was the first time i've ever heard of an ANNOUNCED penalty get picked up.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why does Dallas constantly have to fuck our NFL threads up sideways? Azeth's capacity to single handedly shit on the thread with Patriots nonsense is impressive but it pales in comparison to the clusterfuck of Cowboy swarms. Of course Azethisthe one responding right now but holy fucking shit this thread.