The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Stahp! You're going to give Gankak night terrors. That fanbase hasn't shut the fuck up about that game for nearly a decade. Thank fucking Tebow they won a Super Bowl, so it has died down a little, but the butt hemorrhaging is still there when you mention it.
Stop projecting your butthurt over the fact we eliminated your team from the playoffs in back to back years. I gave up the ghost about that super bowl a long time ago.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought the general consensus by the refs a day later was that a defensive hold should have been called, maybe not PI, but at least a hold. Either way still a first down. That said no one is claiming that a missed call cost them the game. Did it affect the outcome? Maybe, but who knows what would have happened afterwards. Much like the Super Bowl 2 years ago, sure there was obvious holding/PI on 4th and goal, but considering they had 3 shots from inside the 5 the 49ers really could blame themselves for terrible play calls more than any blame would fall on the refs for not calling the hold.
Pretty much. They all agree there was a hold on the play and that the PI could have gone either way depending on the referee's discretion. Obviously Detroit fans are going to be adamant that it was a terrible call and Cowboys fans are going to claim it was a good pick up. That's no surprise.

But why the fuck we're still arguing about a single PI call this long after the fact when nobody is saying that's the determining factor in the game?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Stop projecting your butthurt over the fact we eliminated your team from the playoffs in back to back years. I gave up the ghost about that super bowl a long time ago.
Back to back years? Say what? We're not in the playoffs this year, buddy. Oh, I get it, you think your teams' two victories in the regular season kept us from the playoffs! How very solipsistic of you. How very Seattle of you. Too bad the worst wild card teams were 11-5, so we still would've missed them.

Pretty sure I'm more salty about Hoss finding this thread and also being a Cowboys fan than whether the call should have been reversed.
Even worse, the Cowboy faggotry has brought goddamn Astro to this thread. FuckingAstrocreep? In my football threads? Way to go, bed-wetters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Back to back years? Say what? We're not in the playoffs this year, buddy. Oh, I get it, you think your teams' two victories in the regular season kept us from the playoffs! How very solipsistic of you. How very Seattle of you. Too bad the worst wild card teams were 11-5, so we still would've missed them.

Even worse, the Cowboy faggotry has brought goddamn Astro to this thread. FuckingAstrocreep? In my football threads? Way to go, bed-wetters.
what crawled up your butt? i dont watch football, which is why i dont comment here. there is no chuk forcefield keeping me out. i watched this game. i saw there was discussion about the game i watched and i joined in like a normal person is likely to do. i have not swayed off topic (until now i guess) and i am not getting upset because of other posters also doing what i am doing. why so mad?

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
what crawled up your butt? i dont watch football, which is why i dont comment here. there is no chuk forcefield keeping me out. i watched this game. i saw there was discussion about the game i watched and i joined in like a normal person is likely to do. i have not swayed off topic (until now i guess) and i am not getting upset because of other posters also doing what i am doing. why so mad?
It is Kirun, he cannot control himself. Just disregard or make fun of him, everybody else does.

You guys can stick to making fun of me and Brady if you want. I have thick skin/am not a literal woman like 70% of you.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Don't worry, when the Ravens dirty hit Gronkle Jordanski and Brady until they cave next weekend, the haters will be out in force for you Azeth.

heres a video of Gronk destroying Suggs. I know its unfair since Gronk is much faster, heavier, stronger, taller, and agile than him, but still good to watch

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much. They all agree there was a hold on the play and that the PI could have gone either way depending on the referee's discretion. Obviously Detroit fans are going to be adamant that it was a terrible call and Cowboys fans are going to claim it was a good pick up. That's no surprise.

But why the fuck we're still arguing about a single PI call this long after the fact when nobody is saying that's the determining factor in the game?
Everyone is arguing about it because #1 It's the Cowboys and #2 Because while flags getting picked up and announcing there was no foul on the play is a semi-common occurrence in NFL games, announcing the penalty first, THEN coming back and deciding there was no foul is not common at all. Also while no one play or call is going to be THE sole determining factor, this call potentially could/did have a big impact on the outcome of the game, so people are going to be pissed. Oh and again, because Cowboys.

Frankly I hope all of the hoopla over it just causes the league to adopt some form of review for PI. I have no idea how they would do it and not make it slow the games down a ton, maybe only have it for certain obvious blown calls...but refs are just bungling these far too much at game speed for my tastes. Considering it's an automatic 1st and spot foul (or 1st and goal from the 1 when occurring in the end zone) for PI, it just can have too much of an impact on games to not get right.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Frankly I hope all of the hoopla over it just causes the league to adopt some form of review for PI. I have no idea how they would do it and not make it slow the games down a ton, maybe only have it for certain obvious blown calls...but refs are just bungling these far too much at game speed for my tastes. Considering it's an automatic 1st and spot foul (or 1st and goal from the 1 when occurring in the end zone) for PI, it just can have too much of an impact on games to not get right.
I swear I've seen it said for years now, but the NFL should just adopt the college rules. There's literally no reason not to.

I'd be all for quitting the NFL at this point and watching college, but I feel like the talent level is just way too uneven so it's not really enjoyable. I don't know how you can get excited to watch your team beat the dog shit out of a DI-AA team.

Anyway, as a lifetime Cowboys hater, I was over the terrible refereeing about 15 minutes after the game ended.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Well if your team had to play them next week with the same fucked up officiating, you might care a little more. Of course the deadskins stop carrying about officiating generally around week 8-9 when their focus changes to next year's draft.....

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well if your team had to play them next week with the same fucked up officiating, you might care a little more. Of course the deadskins stop carrying about officiating generally around week 8-9 when their focus changes to next year's draft.....
Hell at this point when the Skins get bad calls that go against them I don't even blink. Haven't in years. Usually the only time I really focus on officiating is when the local Ravens fans all swear they always get the short end of the stick on calls when I've watched the refs have their back in 90% of their games for almost a decade now.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Don't forget the league having their back when Suggs beat the shit out of his girlfriend and poured bleach all over her and their son, or when Ray Lewis killed a guy, or when Ray Rice knocked his fiancee unconscious on video.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I know you guys were getting bored with the PI argument. Here ya go bros.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...rth-conversion

"The NFL admitted to the Detroit Lions on Tuesday that officials missed a blatant hold on Ndamukong Suh on a crucial fourth-down conversion from Tony Romo to Jason Witten with six minutes left in Sunday's wild-card game."

"NFL head of officials Dean Blandino said Monday that the non-call on pass interference against Pettigrew by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens was debatable, but holding definitely should have been called on the play."

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought the holding calls that were missed were pretty ridiculous. But like Merrith said above, as a Redskins fan I don't even notice anymore. Our guys get held all the time and it's never called.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
NFL says Hochuli got 49ers roughing the passer call wrong | ProFootballTalk

I don't recall 5 pages of butthurt 49er fans shitting up the thread after this massively blown call. But your tears are sweet and delicious, DeLLy.
I don't think any of us are Detroit fans. Also even Seahawks fans admitted that call was bad. There's 150 Dallas fans here and not one of you has said the PI fuck up was a fuck up. The closest is when you guys stammer and stutter about how it didn'treallyeffect the game probably maybe and he should have gone for it after the fuck up anyways.

OK that's all I got, I'm bored now=P

I thought the holding calls that were missed were pretty ridiculous. But like Merrith said above, as a Redskins fan I don't even notice anymore. Our guys get held all the time and it's never called.
Every idiot babbles about "THUR'S HOLDIN' ON ERRY PLAY!" like a retard, but they're talking about the interior line and also just parroting other idiots. The part thatactuallysucks is how good edge rushers are serial boned by this. Blatant arms wrapped around them on almost every play and fucking nothing. Watching Colts games a couple years ago was infuriating, I couldn't fathom how Dwight Freeney never just went crazy and started attacking random people after being dragged to the turf from the side 10 plays in a row.