The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
As someone who hates Cowboys fans, how does this make any logical sense?

He didn't remove his helmet after a play while on the field. He ran onto the field of play from the sideline after the play was over. Now if there is a separate rule that should have drawn a personal foul, that's a bad no-call, but he didn't violate the rule everyone keeps quoting in letter or I presume in spirit.
It doesn't make any sense since that rule was not violated. Dungy and a lot of other people are ignorant of that. There is a separate rule where it could have been a flag, but it is at the discretion of the ref to throw the flag. They decided a warning to Dez was fine and thus didn't need to throw the flag.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
lojREiz.png
Bastard

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Hilarious to see the Cowboy hate.

No hate on sitting there at 4th and 1 ready to take a delay of game penalty instead of getting a fucking yard and controlling your own fate.

Not hate on the punter shanking the kick. Guess you should of went for it for real you faggots.

No hate for the defense imploding in the second half and allowing the cowboys to get the lead

No hate on not being able to drive down the field and get a score when it counted.

Did the Lions get fucked? Yup. Should of been 3 and 1 not 4th. Didn't cost them the game though as there were plenty of blown opportunities both before and after that indicating they were incapable of moving the ball into scoring position.

moontayle

Golden Squire
I think Blandino's trying to save face there but that's besides the point. Let's just move on, shall we.

While some will not give Dallas any credit, I think they're suited for a game at Lambeau. Detroit offered one of the larger challenges defensively, a team that could rush with 4, only play 7 in the box and force the team to throw more than they wanted to (it was only the 6th time this season Tony had more than 30 attempts, he had 11 such games in 2013).

GB will probably have to cheat a bit down in the box to contain Murrey but that leaves 1-on-1 coverage on either Williams or Dez. GB's linebackers are pretty good so the middle of the field role players won't have as big an impact as they did against Detroit. Romo is playing relatively smart football and trying not to give the other team a chance at stealing the ball away. If Dallas is going to score it's going to rest on the Three Amigos.

On the other side it's going to be important for Dallas to limit the big plays and make sure tackles. I like the way the D-line stepped it up down the stretch. Don't let Nelson and Cobb beat them deep, contain Lacy. A pretty tall order. Have to hope Rodgers is still a bit gimpy so he doesn't rattle off some runs.

These teams are equally suited to play each other. Also, GB is 8-0 at home while Dallas went 8-0 on the road. One team will have that streak broken. I'm a homer, so I think GB loses but it'll be close. Figure, 34-30 with Dallas actually holding off GB at the end after a GB FG and recovering the onside kick with 3 minutes left.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think Blandino's trying to save face there but that's besides the point. Let's just move on, shall we.
What are you, new here?

The facemask is irrelevant. They missed that call. They did NOT miss the PI. That's what's being discussed. Bringing up another missed call doesn't justify the first being fucked up.

Mike Pereira agreed also BTW. Like any non troll/Cowboys fan.

I seriously don't even give a fuck. I just don't want to move on because I have nothing better to do. Also is Kedwyn another lifelong Cowboys fan who just showed up now that they're good?

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Man I can't imagine the meltdown you fuckers are going to have when the Cowboys beat the Packers, these thread names are internet gold, can't stop laughing.

Badabidi_sl

shitlord
What are you, new here?

The facemask is irrelevant. They missed that call. They did NOT miss the PI. That's what's being discussed. Bringing up another missed call doesn't justify the first being fucked up.

Mike Pereira agreed also BTW. Like any non troll/Cowboys fan.

I seriously don't even give a fuck. I just don't want to move on because I have nothing better to do. Also is Kedwyn another lifelong Cowboys fan who just showed up now that they're good?
The Steelers fucking blow. Great job against Joe Falco, by the way.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I will just continue to think its convenient that even though the game was poorly officiated there wasn't 5-6 calls/no calls that went against one team in a row until that time in the game in which 2-3 were controversially decided in the favor of one team. Any one of those 3 calls/no calls could have completely changed the game.
So you completely missed the first half? Lions were the beneficiaries of a similar chain of bad officiating early in the game that handed them a TD. Thanks for chiming in on how the entire game went when you didn't watch it all.

You can't see in the gif because you can't see the receivers back. Can't embed the NFL video, but it is in this post. Watch the slo-mo replay. It's funny watching people try to defend this instead of admitting it was a bad call.

Officials change minds on controversial call, helping Cowboys to win | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo Sports
I see a potential defensive hold before the ball was in the air. The contention was that the hold happened after the ball was released and therefore was a PI. The video shows that clearly wasn't the case.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Another bandwagon Dallas fan who has decided to grace us with his presence now that the Cowboys are relevant for the first time in 15+ years.
lol bandwagon. I'm only new here because I didn't know there was so much fun shit talk going on here. Got bored a few weeks ago and found it when I decided to browse more of the site. I've been sporting a cowboys avatar pretty much since I got here. I only switched a couple months ago.

a nearly meaningless game against Washington.
lol do you even football? There is no such thing as a meaningless cowboys-redskins game.

Article 5
No player shall twist, turn, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction

He didn't pull it in any direction.
lol

What are you, new here?

What are you, new to football? It's not a penalty if your action was caused by the action of an opposing player. It's always been like that. That's not even a rare thing to run into. The Facemask is the most relevant thing about that play

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I see a potential defensive hold before the ball was in the air. The contention was that the hold happened after the ball was released and therefore was a PI. The video shows that clearly wasn't the case.
The hold isn't what people are calling the PI. The PI is right before the ball hits Hitchens when his left hand presses and moves Pettigrew's right shoulder backwards.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
By all means, provide 20 other examples of thrown flags with called penalties that got overturned because of an uncalled penalty. Let's see Ed Hochuli saying a penalty didn't count because of an uncalled penalty. Also find me one official who said the facemask was why this got overturned. I'll wait.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw this game, it was a bad call, but i dont see how anyone can say it caused the lions to lose the game. they did a fine job of that on their own.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Oh, Jesus Fucking Tebow. This Cowboys suckfest has now brought fucking Astro to the thread as a "lifelong" Cowboys fan?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
i saw this game, it was a bad call, but i dont see how anyone can say it caused the lions to lose the game. they did a fine job of that on their own.
Only idiots are saying it lost them the game. Just like only idiots are saying it was the right call because of another, totally uncalled penalty.