The New England Patriots 2014 Playoffs Thread

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I could care less about the balls, I just want the Pats to get fucked because they have consistently crossed what I view as the line of fair play and I think Belichek is a dirtbag. I have nothing against Brady or their team otherwise, I think they are the clear favorites for the SB.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I hope Belichek walks the sidelines at the superbowl with a bicycle pump on his belt and then him and Brady ride off into the sunset with the Lombardi trophy, never to be seen again.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I could care less about the balls, I just want the Pats to get fucked because they have consistently crossed what I view as the line of fair play and I think Belichek is a dirtbag. I have nothing against Brady or their team otherwise, I think they are the clear favorites for the SB.
I feel like this is the real public sentiment, no one really cares about what happened but fuck the pats they should get raped.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I care what happened, in that Belichek is once again breaking the rules because he doesn't give a damn. No one in their right mind thinks it cost the Colts the game though.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I feel like this is the real public sentiment, no one really cares about what happened but fuck the pats they should get raped.
Pretty much.
Even if it comes out that pats did nothing wrong with the balls people will still say they need to be raped and that they must have just paid someone off.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I care what happened, in that Belichek is once again breaking the rules because he doesn't give a damn. No one in their right mind thinks it cost the Colts the game though.
And if you find out that all 32 teams are doing this?

Because to me it sounds like they were breaking a rule that no one takes seriously and everyone ignores.

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Because to me it sounds like they were breaking a rule that no one takes seriously and everyone ignores.
Itll be interesting if thats the case. The owners obviously get the biggest say in the rules. So I think a telltale sign will be which rule change we end up with next year.

1. The PSI range is expanded, in which case this shit is probably rampant and no one cared until now.
2. The game balls become completely referee/third party controlled, which probably says the Pats went well outside the norm.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
50c1a651-8ee8-461e-9fa4-ac515e43278d_zps8ff1b2bd.jpg

Caliel

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It can't be that all 32 teams are doing this because the Colt's balls were fine.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
^^ lol

anyway... (from reddit)

Let's talk for a second about the word "cheating" and how the media affects perceptions.
Last year, the Seahawks won the Super Bowl with more players on their roster caught using performance enhancing drugs than any team in the league (Denver was second).
On the spectrum of cheating, it simply doesn't get much worse than this. But did the media call it Steroid-Gate? Did they once use the word "cheaters" to refer to the Seahawks? Of course not. Because that wasn't the storyline they chose.
Now let's look at what the Patriots are being accused of and why everyone has labeled them cheaters and undeserving of the Super Bowl: They might have let a tiny amount of air out of some footballs - an amount so small that even the refs couldn't notice when handling them. An advantage so negligible, that when the balls were taken out of play, the patriots actually performed better.
At worst, using slightly under-inflated balls without the refs noticing is akin to getting away with a pass interference call.
Ask yourself this - Is it possible for a team to do something any less serious and any more insignificant and still be labelled cheaters? (if you can think of something, let me know, I'm honestly curious)
While it's very unfortunate that the media has chosen this as their storyline, as a Patriots fan, please don't allow yourself to be manipulated. Add the word "gate" to the most mundane act and it will sound like a scandal. But that doesn't make it a scandal, that's manipulation. And if it were any other team, this wouldn't make a single headline.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
After that man retires i will have nothing else to hate.... still i hope he breaks his collar bone.

Cybsled

Pats have under-inflated balls for first half. Balls get replaced in 2nd half and Pats score more points during that half than the 1st. If someone thinks the balls made a big difference, then technically the Pats handicapped themselves in the 1st half, which is cheating by sabotaging yourself? wat

This made me lol

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59PEmRIMTo0

The football can shrink in cold weather, so the question is, did the balls lose that much air pressure by the time the game started on their own or did someone intentionally do it.
The patriots could have also had their balls in an artificially hot environment until just before the official weigh in. This would have let them shrink quicker once exposed to open air temperatures.