The Northman (2022)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully with Eggers on-board this movie will be slightly "trippy". Loved that aspect of The Lighthouse.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like Viking John Wick without the action. Not sure I'm completely into that. I'll probably watch this, but honestly the trailer seemed more drama than anything which can be meh.

Looks like it's based on Conan to me, so....fuck yeah!

The trailer more or less follows this opening:

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Seeing it cuz of The Lighthouse, not because it makes tards mad

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Seeing it cuz of The Lighthouse, not because it makes tards mad
1640201089750.png

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
why not both?
Exactly. This is the two-hit combo, man. I hope the movie is awesome, because I like awesome movies. I hope the movie does REALLY well because I like salty sjws.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Skarsgard is playing Amleth, an icelandic folk legend that directly inspired Hamlet.

Wait, Shakespeare... one of those most renowned literary figures of all time... just stole a name directly from another story and merely moved the H from the end of the name to the beginning and that's it?

• 1Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Wait, Shakespeare... one of those most renowned literary figures of all time... just stole a name directly from another story and merely moved the H from the end of the name to the beginning and that's it?

Its a bit of a longer journey than that, with the story being told and translated to latin via the Romans, a few other Scandinavian tales also mixed in, all over the course of 500 or so years, but yeah, pretty much.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
The VVitch and The Lighthouse.

OK. So both of those were psychological thrillers. Are yall thinking this one will be more action oriented? I always meant to check out vvitch, I'll put it on my list.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

Don't worry, millions of writers since have gotten revenge by ripping off Shakespeare. It's how it works.

spronk

FPS noob
critics love it, 90% on RT and 83/100 on metacritic. Opens next weekend, theaters only for at least 2 months. It should appear on Peacock (yeah I dunno what the fuck that is either) 3-4 months after theatrical release.

1649811172154.png

Not too long either, 2h17m. Might go check it out in theaters, feels like the visuals would justify an IMAX or something screen, Eggers is usually fucking amazing at evoking emotion just from scenery - VVitch and Lighthouse.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Peacock is pretty decent and I got a year free, it only cost 5 $ a month I think. Lots of shows I like putting on in the backround. The app isn't terrible like paramount or others

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users