The Northman (2022)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Peacock is one of the few I like. It also happens to carry the best Paramount show Yellowstone, but it takes a few month to get latest season.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alot of cable providers give you premium for free. Even though its only $5 a month, its still a pretty good streaming service. Has a good back catalogue of shows.

Im definitely seeing Northman opening weekend. It looks great and the visuals look like they would be better in a theater.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm tempted to kick it up to $10 to be ad free. The ads on Paramount Plus are horrendous.

Goatface

critics love it, 90% on RT and 83/100 on metacritic. Opens next weekend, theaters only for at least 2 months. It should appear on Peacock (yeah I dunno what the fuck that is either) 3-4 months after theatrical release.

View attachment 407718

Not too long either, 2h17m. Might go check it out in theaters, feels like the visuals would justify an IMAX or something screen, Eggers is usually fucking amazing at evoking emotion just from scenery - VVitch and Lighthouse.
last movie i saw in a theater was 1917, but pretty hyped for this. i won't be able to go opening weekend, but if stays on the big mxc screen at local marquee will go see it the next weekend.

spronk

FPS noob
Unfortunately this movie is releasing at kind of a bad time, a week after Fantastic Beasts 3 and the same day as a big kids movie (Bad Guys, animated) and Nic Cage's Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. 2 weeks later Dr. Strange 2 bows in.

So far around me Northman is only gonna be on standard theaters, no IMAX or Dolby. Hopefully they add a few premium screens, but movie comes out in basically a week.

also Peacock isn't the same thing as Paramount+, they are competing networks. Its a complete shit show. 1883 is on Paramount+. Seasons 1-4 of Yellowstone are on Peacock (paid). Season 5, upcoming season, is ONLY on Paramount+ not on Peacock. yeah its fucking stupid as hell. I pirate that stuff even though I have both networks because fuck if I can remember which app to launch for what season of what show.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Unfortunately this movie is releasing at kind of a bad time, a week after Fantastic Beasts 3 and the same day as a big kids movie (Bad Guys, animated) and Nic Cage's Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent. 2 weeks later Dr. Strange 2 bows in.

So far around me Northman is only gonna be on standard theaters, no IMAX or Dolby. Hopefully they add a few premium screens, but movie comes out in basically a week.

also Peacock isn't the same thing as Paramount+, they are competing networks. Its a complete shit show. 1883 is on Paramount+. Seasons 1-4 of Yellowstone are on Peacock (paid). Season 5, upcoming season, is ONLY on Paramount+ not on Peacock. yeah its fucking stupid as hell. I pirate that stuff even though I have both networks because fuck if I can remember which app to launch for what season of what show.
The paramount app sucks imo, for whatever reason it seems too lag a lot, I will say it seems to work better going through Roku stick over my Samsung or LG TVs

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Paramount is CBS. Peacock is NBC. What shows are streaming where is a giant cluster fuck though. I assumed since Comedy Central was listed on the Paramount Plus app that I would be able to watch new South Park episodes there but no, that's on HBO Max for some reason.

Homsar

Paramount is CBS. Peacock is NBC. What shows are streaming where is a giant cluster fuck though. I assumed since Comedy Central was listed on the Paramount Plus app that I would be able to watch new South Park episodes there but no, that's on HBO Max for some reason.
Yeah, the shit is a massive cluster fuck. Wish I could cancel my cable and all the boxes and just pay for internet and one streaming service for backround noise but impossible with having family and others at my house

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Ok this kinda reminded me of seeing "Only God Forgives" expecting something similar to Drive from the same director, but getting a radically different movie

This isn't that extreme but it definitely has an art house feel. If you go in expecting pure action you'll be disappointed

This is like an episode of Vikings with the Norse mysticism cranked up.

It started to drag near the end.

I give it 3.5/5 it gets an extra half point for extreme dog fetishism and role play 🐾🐾🐾

Last edited:

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Have you never seen a Robert Eggers movie? Lol

No, I've been meaning to watch the Lighthouse and I don't watch supernatural/occult stuff

And I was addressing all the people thinking this will be John Wick but Vikings.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, the shit is a massive cluster fuck. Wish I could cancel my cable and all the boxes and just pay for internet and one streaming service for backround noise but impossible with having family and others at my house
We did it 3 years ago and never looked back. Fuck cable. Pay for a couple of streaming services and also use the free ones.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I've been watching more things on the free app Tubi than anything else lately. Has Stargate stuff, old kungfu movies, MXC/Iron Chef Japan and others.

When it does the countdown to ads I just fast forward a few frames and it skips the ads.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been watching more things on the free app Tubi than anything else lately. Has Stargate stuff, old kungfu movies, MXC/Iron Chef Japan and others.

When it does the countdown to ads I just fast forward a few frames and it skips the ads.
I use IMDB, Tubi, and Pluto to add to Amazon, cheap Hulu and cheap Disney+.

joz123

Potato del Grande
CW app is free too and good for some shows like Stargirl and Legends of Tomorrow.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Based on the second trailer, looks like a Conan remake, but done right, just not Conan. Still looks fantastic, probably one of the only reason I'm excited to see, but based on some of the scenes in the trailer I wonder if you could sit there and just track a list of similar scenes between the two movies.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Based on the second trailer, looks like a Conan remake, but done right, just not Conan. Still looks fantastic, probably one of the only reason I'm excited to see, but based on some of the scenes in the trailer I wonder if you could sit there and just track a list of similar scenes between the two movies.

If you go in based on the trailer you'll be disappointed

• 1Like