The Office

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think the ideal ending would be Andy committing suicide, David Wallace begging Jim to take over as boss, and Darrel taking over for Jim in Philly.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a sports marketing/advertising company. I guess it's technically unclear that they are successful, but that's the impression I've gotten. They're hiring more people (as evidenced by Darrel), the office is pretty swank, they're having meetings with athletes, and Jim isn't stressing about it like he was before.
They also lost their biggest investor and, as far as we know, haven't locked down another, hence Jim having to spend so much time at work. There's really been little indication one way or the other how the company is doing at this point. Obviously, as a start-up, it's on pretty shaky ground regardless, and if Pam's reluctance about moving was due to this, it'd make her appear to be a lot more logical about the move. Her not wanting to move just because it'd mean leaving her coworkers behind just comes across as petty and whiny, not to mention unsupportive when Jim has been nothing but supportive of her going to art school or going to work for the Michael Scott Paper Company or wrangling her way into sales position then an office manager when that didn't work out.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
They also lost their biggest investor and, as far as we know, haven't locked down another, hence Jim having to spend so much time at work. There's really been little indication one way or the other how the company is doing at this point. Obviously, as a start-up, it's on pretty shaky ground regardless, and if Pam's reluctance about moving was due to this, it'd make her appear to be a lot more logical about the move. Her not wanting to move just because it'd mean leaving her coworkers behind just comes across as petty and whiny, not to mention unsupportive when Jim has been nothing but supportive of her going to art school or going to work for the Michael Scott Paper Company or wrangling her way into sales position then an office manager when that didn't work out.
Yeah, exactly. The business is an unknown right now. I was under the impression that it was doing well, but it is true that they are only showing small looks at the company with virtually no background into the scenes. But if she said "Hey, I don't want to move up here while the company is still unestablished" that would make sense. Instead she said some dumb shit.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
After seeing this week's episode, I'm pretty amazed that NBC actually made the right decision in not picking up The Farm.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Such a terrible fucking episode. Lets just hope Archer doesn't start making Krieger or Cheryl spin-off episodes. FUCK.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
a little bit shocking to see the attempt at a spinoff being so hamfisted. Really bummed with the decline of this show from the first 4 or 5 seasons.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah no shit. I was actually stunned that the spinoff episode was SO bad. I guess it'd have to be for NBC to take a pass on it's cash cow.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
This week's episode was pretty solid. Characters were utilized well, every subplot scored on the laughs save Jim and Pam's, but who cares, even Toby knows they talk too damn much.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah I thought it was pretty funny, especially Dwight and the intern kid.

The whole Jim and Pam thing... maybe my mentality is fucked up from being in the military and moving so much, but I just can't relate to her at all. Sure, she should be pissed about him making decisions unilaterally, so address that. But she straight up says she thinks his company will be successful, it could be an entirely new life for them, but she doesn't want to move to Philly because... she wants to work in a fucking paper company for the rest of her life? Or until they eventually lay her off because that place is mismanaged as fuck. I just don't even get the debate there. Big successful new company that promises to take care of the family and the chance for her to follow her own passions versus sit at the paper company you have despised for the past 10 years until you are let go and left with nothing.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
The whole Jim and Pam thing... maybe my mentality is fucked up from being in the military and moving so much, but I just can't relate to her at all. Sure, she should be pissed about him making decisions unilaterally, so address that. But she straight up says she thinks his company will be successful, it could be an entirely new life for them, but she doesn't want to move to Philly because... she wants to work in a fucking paper company for the rest of her life? Or until they eventually lay her off because that place is mismanaged as fuck. I just don't even get the debate there. Big successful new company that promises to take care of the family and the chance for her to follow her own passions versus sit at the paper company you have despised for the past 10 years until you are let go and left with nothing.
It's the most realistic portrayal of a woman ever. Bitches be crazy.

Anyway, I enjoyed the Stanley stuff, but the rest fell flat as usual. Andy's schtick is worn out, Toby was only funny because Michael hated him, and the red haired British chick has always been boring and annoying to me. Hell, I can't even be bothered to remember her name.

Also, if the documentary is done why are they still filming?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
It is about time they gave Pam a legitimate reason to be upset with Jim other than, "Oh, but I want us to be stuck in these dead-end jobs for the rest of our lives!" However, it annoys me that they are completely glossing over any of her irrationality and piling everything on Jim. Pam talks to Nellie, and it's all about what Jim has done wrong. Jim talks to Tobey, and the takeaway seems to be him realizing his mistakes.

MsBehavn_sl

has an outie
Pam needs to die in a car wreck. Jim's providing her with an okay life and soon enough that life will be fucking AMAZING.

Wtf bitch, stop complaining. Move and call people you know or Skype them, she has 0 reason to be legitimately upset with Jim. If ANYTHING, Jim should be pissed off she doesn't want a better life.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Or she could just drive down to Scranton to visit people. He's not moving her to Egypt. It's literally a little over a 2 hour drive from Philadelphia to Scranton.

spronk

FPS noob
well i stand by my statement that the show is written for single, middle aged women because that ending made no fucking sense to anyone else

anyways fast forward to 1:48 in this video and get your mind blown
http://youtu.be/hnFZsrs32Co

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
anyways fast forward to 1:48 in this video and get your mind blown
rrr_img_32.jpg

rrr_img_32.jpg

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I was hoping that the last scene was going to turn into Kitty Cat Man from Tim & Eric. Just a really long, uncomfortable hug with Pam flailing her arms around.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I know what is going to happen, he is going to give up his company and future to come be with her, I know this. It is going to infuriate me to watch it on screen.