The Office

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I had forgotten about Jim's horrible old hair style.

P.S. You guys are stone cold heartless monsters. I hate Pam as much as the next guy, but Jim's romantic DVD made my heart grow 3 sizes. Good episode.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck is he making romantic videos for her dumbass? She should be making them for him to try and make him forget about the amazing potential life he could have without her dead weight.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah. Whatever, one more episode. Enjoy the next few years "working" for a paper company you hate before it goes out of business and you drink yourself to an early grave, Jimbro.
While working for Dwight... because apparently everyone is supposed to forget that he was a terrible boss when he filled in before and had everyone wanting to quit. I could see if some of this season's story revolved around Dwight growing as a person and him finally earning the position, but this episode proved that that isn't the case. Obviously this wasn't their original plan for the ending since the writers were counting on the Dwight spin-off, but since that didn't work out, they just tossed in Dwight becoming the boss and everyone happily accepting him being just as horrible as before.

Though, I do think the Dwight and Jim interaction this episode was the best it's been in years.

I know they were shopping around the "Dwight Farm Show" and thus put it in the office to see how well it polled but were they also thinking about an offshoot with Jim, etc., with the agency? Was half this season just seeing if they could get away with a spin off?
There was never any plan to turn the Athlead stuff into a spin-off. One of the reasons The Office is ending is because John Krasinski wanted to be able to focus on doing movies. Athlead was just their way of contriving drama in Jim and Pam's relationship in a failed attempt to try to get us to care about what happens between them.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I'm going to hop in here before all the Negative Nancys show up and talk about how awful everything was.

Great final episode. Things I really liked:

- All the people at the panel saying the things the entire internet has been saying about Pam
- Pam herself realizing what an idiot she's been for most of the show and saying as much
- Michael's "That's what she said"
- Stanley's Bird-Phyllis
- Meredith and her son

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, the last 2 seasons have been total dogshit but the retrospective and finale were amazing and brilliant closure. michaels appearance was flawless

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Great finale. The "that's what she said" line was so perfect. It was kind of awkward how little they used Steve Carrell though... I guess he must have had very limited availability for it.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I just moved to Austin a year ago and absolutely love it here, so I got a kick every time they mentioned Austin.

Really good finale.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
im glad it ended so well. the last few years have been daggers almost every week and a unfulfilled wish it would get back to the way it was. really good finale.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They succeeded in making me sad that a show I haven't really looked forward to for a few years now won't be back. That's a pretty GD impressive feat.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I wanted more Michael as well...but I think they probably used him sparingly to keep it from becoming the omg Michael is back episode. His character had his farewell and this was for the rest. Grey haired Michael with kids was great.

Although Ryan abandoning a baby and Nellie kidnapping him was a bit uncomfortable.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Thank christ this shitty show is finally over.

That said, decent finale. Not enough Michael Scotch, but that was expected. Considering how dysmal the past 3 seasons have been, I'm amazed they were able to pull off a somewhat satisfying, occasionally funny finale. Old writers must have come back or something. Spinoff with Ryan as a single parent dad plx ....

Deeone

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoyed the episode, was laughing to myself when the audience members were giving Pam a hard time. Wondered if they planned on making everyone hate pam from the beginning or they went with it from viewer response. Either way it worked out well in the end. Steve Carrell's "thats what she said" was perfect.

On the special I'm surprised they didnt show the "did I stutter" episode.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I haven't watched since Carell left, but I caught the finale. I thought it was really well done, super emotional.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
In the minority I guess for not caring that much for the finale. It was hard to care about those people, especially Jim & Pam, who the show had become crafted around.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wtf? Stanley should have been replaced with Lem years ago.
Jesus fuck I was wondering why I recognized him.

Also, was anyone else waiting for a big reveal that Stanley and Phyllis had an affair? Or was that even hinted at harder than I thought and nearly confirmed?