The Official Conservative Political Thread

Stave

Potato del Grande
Well this thread is off to a great start. I have to give the OP credit for trying, but this forum will always be a liberal circle-jerk. This thread derailed on page 1. You would have been better off naming this thread the "Not Liberal Thread" as the word Conservative just draws our resident troll liberals like flies on shit. Anyways, once again, I love how liberal thinking preaches tolerance, understanding, compassion, PC, free-thinking, anti-racism and anti-hate, but only if you agree to their line of thinking. If not, you are a worthless American Inventor-jew-muslim who deserves to be sleeping with the worms. Once again they show how big of hypocrites and how immature they are. Troll/neg this comment all you want, but the truth is this nation will never again be a nation of compromise and great ideas, because neither party can compromise, and neither party wants any thoughts or ideas that deviate from their our-way-only mindset of thinking. Thought process and party lines have become the new way to identify and have basically become sports teams. Sheeps to the flock. If you're not with us, you're against us mentality.

It really does sadden me to think how great our nation could truly be if mankind spent more time working together and respecting each other rather than belittling everyone else for their ideas, but instead we are going in the opposite direction and are so divided and on the brink of collapse, yet people are still too stubborn to admit faults in their party and willing to accept or turn a blind eye to their own parties atrocities rather than admit possible flaws in their thinking. Blind faith or just plain ignorance or both. This stubbornness and lack of human decency and respect, and vitriol towards people with differing viewpoints that once made our nation great, is now going to be our ruin. United we stood divided we are now falling.

Anyways this turned out to be longer than I was going to bother writing, but I came into this just thread now for the first time, and I'm going right back out, because I refuse to waste my time being disrespected and trolled because of my opinions. And lastly, just to clarify, I am not ripping into our resident forum liberals because of their ideas, but rather their way of acting as seen above. Sayonara.

miedoso.gif

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
"Mankind could be great if everyone but me would just change." Lawl. Did you seriously not even look to see who the original poster is?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
"Mankind could be great if everyone but me would just change." Lawl. Did you seriously not even look to see who the original poster is?
Since he presumably won't be back, I will answer in his stead. I saw who the original poster was, was confused, thought about making a post similar to Stave's above, and finally decided that it would be a wasted effort. I accepted long ago that FoH/RR is not the place for political discourse because the people I would be attempting to persuade (or at least relate to) have as diametrically opposed of a worldview from me as one can possibly have. To me, it is of the utmost irony that liberals always think they're the smartest people in the room. It's like Plato's allegory of the cave. I stopped bothering going back to tell everyone about the world outside. Fuck em.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not trying to be insulting here, but the kinds of people with knowledge of and access to the internet, plus the abundance of time to post frequently, are generally going to NOT be right leaning people. First off, it takes a certain mind set to want to interact with a wide variety of people with major social differences to yourself, which is something your average conservative is not known for doing. Second, right leaning people tend to not examine sources of information outside their own spheres of influence, which a good chuck of centrists and lefties do. I listen to Hannity and some Fox News every once in a while in an attempt to get some insight into what the really right leaning people I know are thinking, even though it usually sounds like a slightly toned down version of a General Anthony post. How many right leaners do you know that actually scope out even the more reasonable leftish shows in the same way (Maddow, Chris Hays, ect) to get some insight into the left? Also, outside certain parts of the financial and energy industries, most right leaning people tend to be blue collar types without the abundance of time to post random though, while your average liberal net savy guy is some IT nerd working at a desk posting between progress meters filling up. Finally, the right has vilified education and critical thinking to the point where sitting in your echo chamber and avoiding any display of intellect is actually celebrated. This leads to shit like them not even knowing where Bengazi is on a map while bitching about fuckin Obama or "keep your government hands off of my medicare", among hundreds of other examples. They use the bible as a means of making policy decisions involving science. Thus, the (non-sanitized for right wing thinking sections) of the internet tend to be center or left leaning, because conceptually it is a better fit. Generally when you see a larger right wing presence in a part of the internet, its either by design (conservapedia, ect) or simply racist assholes being given an anonymous platform (General Klansman, ect).

Not to say the left does not have its problems, but this is why most relatively unmoderated communities tend to end up being left center. Honestly, if this board were as dominated by liberals as you guys think, the ban hammer would have come down on several problem people for the racist shit along, I think.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Well this thread is off to a great start. I have to give the OP credit for trying, but this forum will always be a liberal circle-jerk. This thread derailed on page 1. You would have been better off naming this thread the "Not Liberal Thread" as the word Conservative just draws our resident troll liberals like flies on shit. Anyways, once again, I love how liberal thinking preaches tolerance, understanding, compassion, PC, free-thinking, anti-racism and anti-hate, but only if you agree to their line of thinking. If not, you are a worthless American Inventor-jew-muslim who deserves to be sleeping with the worms. Once again they show how big of hypocrites and how immature they are. Troll/neg this comment all you want, but the truth is this nation will never again be a nation of compromise and great ideas, because neither party can compromise, and neither party wants any thoughts or ideas that deviate from their our-way-only mindset of thinking. Thought process and party lines have become the new way to identify and have basically become sports teams. Sheeps to the flock. If you're not with us, you're against us mentality.

It really does sadden me to think how great our nation could truly be if mankind spent more time working together and respecting each other rather than belittling everyone else for their ideas, but instead we are going in the opposite direction and are so divided and on the brink of collapse, yet people are still too stubborn to admit faults in their party and willing to accept or turn a blind eye to their own parties atrocities rather than admit possible flaws in their thinking. Blind faith or just plain ignorance or both. This stubbornness and lack of human decency and respect, and vitriol towards people with differing viewpoints that once made our nation great, is now going to be our ruin. United we stood divided we are now falling.

Anyways this turned out to be longer than I was going to bother writing, but I came into this just thread now for the first time, and I'm going right back out, because I refuse to waste my time being disrespected and trolled because of my opinions. And lastly, just to clarify, I am not ripping into our resident forum liberals because of their ideas, but rather their way of acting as seen above. Sayonara.

miedoso.gif

Someone should redo that gif, but instead of Bart, it should be Ron Paul sitting at the podium.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
It's hilarious how so called 'conservatives' turn into weeping fucking pussies at the first sign of adversity.

rrr_img_28847.jpg

Algiz

N00b
Hey guys. I want to make a post about the awful state of political discussion on this forum, but I am afraid that my horse is not high enough. How can I fix this problem?

PS - FoH/RR isn't left-leaning. It has always been troll/character leaning. HIHI GA!

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Jesus Stave. Just because your ideas suck doesn't mean that you suck necessarily. You need to engage to find out if you're full of shit or not. There is nothing worse than panzies who won't challenge themselves or their ideas.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
Southern Poverty Law Center.http://www.splcenter.org/what-we-do/hate-and-extremism
The number of Patriot groups, including armed militias, has grown 813 percent since of the Obama was elected - from 149 in 2008 to 1,360 in 2012.

This growth in extremism has been aided by mainstream media figures and politicians who have used their platforms to legitimize false propaganda about immigrants and other minorities and spread the kind of paranoid conspiracy theories on which militia groups thrive.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
God didn't want darkies or Mexicans in our country. Just people responding to the voices in their head to protect the nation.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Since he presumably won't be back, I will answer in his stead. I saw who the original poster was, was confused, thought about making a post similar to Stave's above, and finally decided that it would be a wasted effort. I accepted long ago that FoH/RR is not the place for political discourse because the people I would be attempting to persuade (or at least relate to) have as diametrically opposed of a worldview from me as one can possibly have. To me, it is of the utmost irony that liberals always think they're the smartest people in the room. It's like Plato's allegory of the cave. I stopped bothering going back to tell everyone about the world outside. Fuck em.
This same basic thought has been bandied about many times over the course of history at FOH and here, and it's always met with the exact same response by the "Liberal Circle Jerk." We are more than happy to entertain opposing viewpoints as long as you can provide a rational train of thought for arriving at that viewpoint. The problem is that there are very few people who can. Merlin is a complete idiot, bleedat is a caricature, and GA is an outright troll. If you're capable of providing a conservative viewpoint without including the latest factually incorrect talking points from Limbaugh or Fox News and without saying "Well, according to my religion...", you shouldn't have any problem holding a conversation in the political thread. People on this board don't hate conservatives. We hate fucking retards. We hate liberal retards and we hate conservative retards. Being conservative doesn't automatically make you a retard, but the retards sure seem to be the only ones flying the flag these days, which is why it's so easy to shit all over those people. Step up, bring some facts to the table to support your argument, and I guarantee you'd be welcomed at the table. It's the people that can't and won't that get ridiculed.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
This same basic thought has been bandied about many times over the course of history at FOH and here, and it's always met with the exact same response by the "Liberal Circle Jerk." We are more than happy to entertain opposing viewpoints as long as you can provide a rational train of thought for arriving at that viewpoint. The problem is that there are very few people who can. Merlin is a complete idiot, bleedat is a caricature, and GA is an outright troll. If you're capable of providing a conservative viewpoint without including the latest factually incorrect talking points from Limbaugh or Fox News and without saying "Well, according to my religion...", you shouldn't have any problem holding a conversation in the political thread. People on this board don't hate conservatives. We hate fucking retards. We hate liberal retards and we hate conservative retards. Being conservative doesn't automatically make you a retard, but the retards sure seem to be the only ones flying the flag these days, which is why it's so easy to shit all over those people. Step up, bring some facts to the table to support your argument, and I guarantee you'd be welcomed at the table. It's the people that can't and won't that get ridiculed.
Which is why when someone who has two brain cells to rub together and is republican even Merlin and his ilk attack him because they aren't used to seeing one of their species who isn't brain dead and question his sincerity.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Just wanted to let you guys know that I am seriously considering participating in a large conservative fundraiser this summer in anticipation of the 2014 Gubernatorial election in Illinois in support of Bruce Rauner for Illinois Governor.

Pat Quinn's goose is pretty much cooked and he will probably be replaced by Lisa Madigan on the ballot.

Bruce Rauner 2014!

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
You're gonna make merlin's head assplode. In his worldview people are only allowed to root for one team, er, party at all costs, regardless of the actions of that party. How dare you actually vote on issues and hold members of your own party responsible when they fuck the goat.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
In all likelihood I will give more money to the Illinois GOP this summer than I have given to the Democrats in all my previous donations combined.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
The only thing needed to refute claims about this board being full of "left wing loons" is to put a poll up about gun ownership and/or the second amendment. If this board is so "liberal", why is the overwhelming majority of it so in favor of gun ownership and/or the 2nd amendment? Maybe because it's not as "liberal" as Merlin et al seem to think it is.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That is largely due to the moving of goal posts that has happened on the right in the last couple decades. Nixon and Reagan would be liberals to most of these people if they ran on the policies they enacted.