The Official Guitar Thread

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Saw an article about this, this morning. Really interesting but I'm not big on kickstarter these days but it's quite tempting.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Looks good, sounds good. Definitely on my list of to buy plugins. Neural DSP needs to make a hub version instead of making individual plugins

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can I Demo ToneHub : We will be offering 10 day trials of ToneHub after the intro price promotion period ends (3rd April). You can demo the preset packs within the intro price promotional period

Next month I'll demo this. The andy James STL pack was pretty good. Didn't do metal as good as neural dsp

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Not a guitar thing but with the price( 1) he is gonna sell it for everyone should be grabbing a copy for your DAW(VST) when it is released

Just picked this up now that the website is working again for $1.27 total. Don't have time tonight but will be checking it out tomorrow.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Two Notes is giving a free lifetime license to there Wall of Sound plugin till April 30th plus 2 cabinets. Previously you had to buy hardware to get the plugin.

The cabinets are the Brit VintC (inspired by a closed-back Marshall® Slash Signature 4×12″ with Celestion® V30 speakers) and the Watt FanC (inspired by a closed-backHiwatt® 2×12″ with Fane speakers).

The lifetime license lets you buy individual cabinets($8 or so) or big packs($20-120)

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
MESA/Boogie has been cranking out amps for 50 years now, have a pretty cool video series going right now.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Ordered a set of Fender Nocaster pickups for my American standard tele. I put them in my MiM Tele a while back and really like the sound. I've nearly rebuilt the American now, fret job, new tuners, new pickups now, put a new bridge and saddles way back. Not much left of the original at this point. Pickguard maybe.

Changed my mind. No reason to have two nearly identical guitars with the same pickup sets. Anyone ever use DiMarzio pickups? I've never used them. They have a few that the videos they sound good on.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Don't have much experience there unfortunately. I've always used Carvin (RIP) or Seymour Duncan pickups. Haven't done any guitar work or changes since '09 to any of my guitars.

With this quarantine, I've been playing so much more and I can tell I've gotten better even in the last 3-4 weeks. I'm also saving a shitload of money. A lot of budget was dedicated to live music, travel, and general city-dwelling fuckery. But literally all of those have been cut out of my expenditure. I might buy a PRS or something dope with the savings.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was so busy in March getting people at my company equipped and prepared to work & teach from home that it destroyed my practice routine. I'm going to fix that this week.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I considered DiMarzio pickups when I was shopping for the partscaster but ended up going with the Fishman Fluence Single Width, which they are fantastic. Check out Greg Koch's sound, he has a signature set of Fluence pickups that are pretty good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've had a few pairs of dimarzios

Tone zone and PAF Pro were very nice
D-activators .. feel those aren't your style
Blaze/II very nice, a bit bassy

I've always been a Seymour Duncan fan in passives though

Borzak

I've been listening to a bunch of reviews. Like I do all the time the more I listen the further I get down the rabbit hole. Trying to decide now if I want to upgrade them at all. I have the nocasters on the MiM tele which I like, and I like the sound of my American standard as is. Of course you know what that means thinking of trying out a more inexpensive epiphone semi hollowbody for something really different. I'm really shy on shipping tho.

Been looking at the 339, but like everyone else hard to get out and try one out.

Last edited:

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Figured I would make my first entry into this thread. I've been a tinkerer on the guitar for 20 years now, but I take long( like years) breaks and have never had formal instruction, so I am still very much a beginner. I rarely learn full songs and mostly just play riffs that I like, but I want to make a serious go of it and get good enough to play songs like Nothing Else Matters, some RHCP, Staind, and other stuff. I can move pretty quickly between open chords and can play barre chords well, but I can't shift as quickly from open to barre chords. I prefer classic rock and eventually want to get good at fingerstyle. I've watched a lot of Tomi Paldanius because I like the versions of Livin on a Prayer and Nothing Else Matters , among others.

I have always played acoustics and will be doing my learning on one. My first guitar was an Art & Lutherie that I bought at a local shop in Hawaii and I loved that guitar. I believe it had a Cedar top and had an amazing rich sound. To help motivate myself, I bought a Martin D-13E to learn on and told myself when I am good enough to justify it, I will reward myself with a D-28 or a D-45. I got myself a year long JamPlay subscription and have been watching the first few lessons of the beginner teachers to get a feel for who I want to continue with.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello and represent some acoustic playing since most of the posts here are electric.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Spent the weekend dialing in tones on the Fractal. Playing is sloppy, but definitely dialed a few tones in.

and

and

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

I've asked before and people said they had used Reverb with no issues. Did you buy from an individual or a business? I'm not looking to buy a special guitar and there are tons of them wondering if it really made a difference.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've done both, never had an issue except for one seller who had no clue what was going on and was his first sale. Kept sending me messages "pay or I not send" so I just canceled it to not deal with it. People at reverb tried to get me to complete the purchase but fuck that