The Official Guitar Thread

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Only non trem bridge I have any experience is a Tune-O-Matic. Which is fine. But I really like the way through the body looks.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I have 3 Mayones, and a PRS SE Holcomb.. no trems on any of them.. They stay in tune always.. I also have a MusicMan JP-6.. the tremolo is kind of a pain in the dick..

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have two Carvins. Both with Wilkinsons and locking tuners. You can go crazy with the tremolo and they stay in tune. But dropping D fucks that whole thing up unless you re-balance the bridge and fuck that. Need screwdrivers and shit. I just wanna drop D and go. And be able to quickly tune to open G or something.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I have two Carvins. Both with Wilkinsons and locking tuners. You can go crazy with the tremolo and they stay in tune. But dropping D fucks that whole thing up unless you re-balance the bridge and fuck that. Need screwdrivers and shit. I just wanna drop D and go. And be able to quickly tune to open G or something.

That's why I like a string-thru body.. Changing tunings is literally a couple seconds..

My PRS is Drop C.. 1st step down, w/low E another full step
MusicMan JP6 is Drop D (and it'll stay there forever because I hate adjusting trems too!)
Regius Core is standard
Duvell Qatsi is Open C add 9
My Duvell 7 is undecided as yet.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I usually tune to a standard tuning, never found a use for drop-D style tunings. Right now I'm in C# standard for our Bolt Thrower set this Friday. I'll try to get a video

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So I always envision myself as a normal or even slow player then I see this video and wonder where the fuck I pulled it out of

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
If anyone runs across awesome black friday deals on a small tube amps please post 'em and tag me, I am in the market.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If anyone runs across awesome black friday deals on a small tube amps please post 'em and tag me, I am in the market.

I got a really good deal last year for a Vibro Champ XD at my favorite store: manchestermusicmill.com

Remind me again and I'll check they usually send out an e-mail as well, they usually have something they're turning out for a good deal on BF.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So I have a piece of music that I can't figure out. Part of the reason is that I'm not very good at transcription but the other problem is that there's a bit of dirt and a univibe running which makes it even more difficult. I've tried using transcription tools like Transcribe! and it doesn't really help me out once the solo fills start getting into the weeds with the effects on rhythm. It also happens to be a rather obscure cover song so there's basically nothing available whether sheet, tab or video.

Wut do? Are there any of those e-music teachers that do work like this or something similar?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
So I have a piece of music that I can't figure out. Part of the reason is that I'm not very good at transcription but the other problem is that there's a bit of dirt and a univibe running which makes it even more difficult. I've tried using transcription tools like Transcribe! and it doesn't really help me out once the solo fills start getting into the weeds with the effects on rhythm. It also happens to be a rather obscure cover song so there's basically nothing available whether sheet, tab or video.

Wut do? Are there any of those e-music teachers that do work like this or something similar?

what's the piece?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sounds like a typical D-C-G chord progression with some hammer-ons and pull-offs thrown in there. I don't have my guitar on me at the moment but that's what it sound like.

Palum

what Suineg set it to

Hmmm nothing much in pre BF email yet

Our upcoming Black Friday Weekend Sale. There was too much to say so I will give you full bullet points of what we're doing. It will be the best sale of this year and if you know ANYONE looking for musical gifts this holiday season or you are looking to change gear yourself, we'd like you to come see us first and give us a shot. All deals will start Black Friday at 9am, some will go until we run out, some will continue on through New Years. We are overstocked and moving into a new warehouse in the beginning of the year so lots of things need to be sold off so we don't have to move it again!

-Fender Acoustic Packs - $79(Normally $119)

-Roland TD-11ks full kit - $679 (normally $899)

-Ludwig Black Magic 5.5x14 and 6.5x14 Snares - $249 each

-Ludwig Full Drum set with Cymbals and Hardware - $329

-Tama Imperialstar complete drumset with Hardware & Cymbals - $549

-Yamaha and Korg 88 key weighted key pianos - $379

-Fender/Squier Electric Guitar Practice Amps - $20 each

-Guitar Stands - $5 each

-Snark and D'addario headstock Tuners - $10 each

-Blackstar 40 Watt Head with Samson Over the Ear Headphones - $99 to first 30 customers

-Everything in entire store not already on Discount, Special or Clearance, 10% off -Accessories (cables, strings, humidifiers, etc.) 20% off

-All New Major Brands (we have hundreds of Brands) - 15-20% off unless marked lower for this sale

-15-20% off all Special Orders

-In addition to all the sales, Almost $1 million in inventory will be marked down or slated to sell at wholesale prices.

-Free layaway through Christmas, As low as 0% interest Payment options, competitive 0% Finance Options, Trades, cash, credit or Kidneys...We want to make it all work out!

Thank you so much for looking and we hope to see you at the store this weekend.

NOT LOCAL OR CAN'T MAKE THE TRIP?
CALL : 603.623.8022
OR
EMAIL: ([email protected])
AND WE'LL MAKE SURE YOU GET THE BEST DEALS!

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Hmmm nothing much in pre BF email yet

Our upcoming Black Friday Weekend Sale. There was too much to say so I will give you full bullet points of what we're doing. It will be the best sale of this year and if you know ANYONE looking for musical gifts this holiday season or you are looking to change gear yourself, we'd like you to come see us first and give us a shot. All deals will start Black Friday at 9am, some will go until we run out, some will continue on through New Years. We are overstocked and moving into a new warehouse in the beginning of the year so lots of things need to be sold off so we don't have to move it again!

-Fender Acoustic Packs - $79(Normally $119)

-Roland TD-11ks full kit - $679 (normally $899)

-Ludwig Black Magic 5.5x14 and 6.5x14 Snares - $249 each

-Ludwig Full Drum set with Cymbals and Hardware - $329

-Tama Imperialstar complete drumset with Hardware & Cymbals - $549

-Yamaha and Korg 88 key weighted key pianos - $379

-Fender/Squier Electric Guitar Practice Amps - $20 each

-Guitar Stands - $5 each

-Snark and D'addario headstock Tuners - $10 each

-Blackstar 40 Watt Head with Samson Over the Ear Headphones - $99 to first 30 customers

-Everything in entire store not already on Discount, Special or Clearance, 10% off -Accessories (cables, strings, humidifiers, etc.) 20% off

-All New Major Brands (we have hundreds of Brands) - 15-20% off unless marked lower for this sale

-15-20% off all Special Orders

-In addition to all the sales, Almost $1 million in inventory will be marked down or slated to sell at wholesale prices.

-Free layaway through Christmas, As low as 0% interest Payment options, competitive 0% Finance Options, Trades, cash, credit or Kidneys...We want to make it all work out!

Thank you so much for looking and we hope to see you at the store this weekend.

NOT LOCAL OR CAN'T MAKE THE TRIP?
CALL : 603.623.8022
OR
EMAIL: ([email protected])
AND WE'LL MAKE SURE YOU GET THE BEST DEALS!

thanks for the follow up. crossing my fingers something does pop up.