The Official Guitar Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I saw nothing for tube amps on BF. Sweetwater had one combo, 2x12 fender something marked down a few hundred but gone instantly and not much else out there.

Been a bad BF.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I saw nothing for tube amps on BF. Sweetwater had one combo, 2x12 fender something marked down a few hundred but gone instantly and not much else out there.

Been a bad BF.

Yup not just for Amps, but for everything, Home Depot, Amazon, Etc.
Big Box gives no fucks this year. Only cool BF stuff has been Mom&Pops.
Down side of Trump's Economy maybe.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
its been one of those days where i drink beer and learn cover songs from the 90s. recorded some of them, maybe you guys will enjoy.

barenaked ladies - pinch me
goo goo dolls - slide
green day - still breathing (okay i guess this one isn't 90s)

and an original instrumental acoustic/metal thing i've been working on

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
super drunk extra bonus track

alanis morrisette - you oughta know
been working on a heavy arrangement of it. intended for overdriven electric guitar but played on an acoustic. also intended for a female vocalist =p but i'm proud of it

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Seems I only post here to give Big Wreck updates. There cover of "Closer to the Heart" was released today with the re-issue of Rush's "A Farewell to Kings". Make sure to listen through the end. The guitar work at 1:25 is absolutely insane. Ian Thornley is fucking ridiculous with his pick/finger-style hybrid approach.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
What are ya'll using for tuners? My Korg CA-30 finally bit the dust. I liked it but the input not making good contact. Looked at it that was no help. The plainer the better. I looked quickly and some of them look more like a tablet.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
TC Electronics PolyTune2 for a couple years. The chromatic tuner is so fast that I don't ever use the "tune all the strings at the same time" mode. But it's there anyway if you need it, and it automatically switches to the correct mode just as fast as the chromatic tuner switches to the correct note.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I have the classic Boss tuner but I'm going to pick up one of those headstock clip-ons. I have a couple friends with those and they're badass. Save pedal real estate and no need to plug in.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have a couple clip on tuners and there is 0 way I'll ever use anything else ever again. They're super accurate

My main is a Snark (Amazon). I got a reverb one for $2 but I haven't used it

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the standard Boss tuner on my board and a Snark clip-on. The Boss is nice as a kill-switch if something goes wrong, too.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i just have a guitar tuner app on my phone. it's not as precise as the various clip-on tuners out there, but its something that i always have with me.

used to have a clip-on Snark that i used but the battery died and i never bothered tracking down a new one. not even sure where that thing is anymore. but if i ever start gigging again that's what i'll use.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It takes like 1 second to swap it to a new guitar lol. It was never even a thought to me about switching guitars

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, using a clip on tuner is literally the easiest way to tune your guitar, even tuning multiple guitars at once.

Well, maybe not easier than those high tech guitars that tune themselves, but still.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
TSCwzIp.jpg

Got this for Christmas. Already broke a couple strings doing some sweet dive bombs. Now I gotta figure out how to Floyd Rose...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user