The Official Guitar Thread

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this beast last night. Holy shit. What a fucking show. My expectations were high and they were exceeded. Considerably. Wish they toured the American west coast more.

qyai7burcGJna2Hw-NygJc_M4yeDfbwm8MSTwVtAc2MMhogfMtS0U85-e_fqT_8k_cUZqjJBN3D1_smss9RXTSkGyC5F-2AGW5_52ghIRKS2VRt1CCVzbaPxIb5avobUgbsOaYhBwOdCh04_brGRCAdu-XV1sceiVI7sV1ToSNDbB8T7ShbJveW3RsHeSAX-FR9ZLyNDD0J7fOGf7EqEw_OTOy4WkUkY1Cl903tn_pchGOBL65VfXHuXj--sESN-jnlPWLraCX-Q27YnwUg94UQnwCE3QXrtlhY4iRdl0MoX0ud9GUJd38xI33CFfg3p7yfpeJoxWJME8qkAFmzeUKAnPA-Nwfn0BM3moF4Uz9PaXeiMhmdE1ZAJ2pi8RMB2yO_ayc3dpqcj_2dD0hTxJNXpruiDTn64cLRp2k3xXNXK_LLeUHBMG4xSrLXpgfD9X33scNIhAaodWChJzF9kgc3v0VA-Keo3XoQtNskDfSn1-qu5V5IEwswAFL38JbwJ2CHFpwttFDTTNjQ7O_77PhRtPIsVkVgWUv8ZXq8sjdmLycpwomGby2i-sTCbV7w1JaKtoZno7T-nihslEEw60FXpwjqWU6YZTXpVwE0=w534-h949-no

I ended up not going to see them since I felt awful the day they were here. Really regret it. :(

xKALECx

Golden Knight of the Realm
Friend of mine flew from Virginia to see the last two shows in California. Said the band was on fire at the Roxy. I've seen them a few times and Ian never fails to blow my mind.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Thinking about trading or selling my Caparison .it's one of the best guitars I've ever played, but I tend to get bored after a few years.

Someone had this for trade and I'm considering it

29249421_10209841407426774_5184660635519193226_n.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That's true. Figure I couls get a 1x12 and toss it in my office. It's 7/15w which is nice.

Worst case i sell it for $500

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
looked at a few tabs and came up with my own arrangement of the Final Fantasy victory fanfare, fingerstyle acoustic

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
You know what would've saved Gibson? Planned obsolescence. If they had built shitty guitars out of plastic and cardboard that usually broke after a couple years of light to moderate use, then the market wouldn't be flooded with decades and decades worth of used Gibsons. They just can't compete with their past self. It's a shame they never thought about the long term health of the corporation way back when they were making all those classic guitars for all those years.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Think I read that Henry (is that the C/O?) had wanted Gibson to be the Nike of the guitar world. Dunno about that. I love my mia Sg faded. Hope they don't go under. The tone from several forums is pretty negative towards them. I only think they are bit too expensive. Otherwise i am not informed enough to give an opinion, love the brand. But seems they are not the same as yesteryears. Ah and i'd defo rock the new V. I like it.

Last edited:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Gibson has been shit for years. Their quality control is awful. No one want to pay 2.5k+ for an instrument with a decent chance of being garbage.

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Gibson has been shit for years. Their quality control is awful. No one want to pay 2.5k+ for an instrument with a decent chance of being garbage.

Yeah i got the gist of it, my Sg faded is 2002 model i think ? Has hold up very well. Lost it from the stand 2 times and broke 3 tuner each time. My heart in my throat each time as i expected to break the neck. gotthatgoingforme.jpg

Could not hold myself from posting and its shitty blurry, awe well you get the picture.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Think I read that Henry (is that the C/O?) had wanted Gibson to be the Nike of the guitar world. Dunno about that. I love my mia Sg faded. Hope they don't go under. The tone from several forums is pretty negative towards them. I only think they are bit too expensive. Otherwise i am not informed enough to give an opinion, love the brand. But seems they are not the same as yesteryears. Ah and i'd defo rock the new V. I like it.
I read an article about this as well.

After 116 years, the Devil’s knocking on Gibson’s door. Debt of as much as $560 million is due this summer, and investors are whispering that Chief Executive Officer Henry Juszkiewicz has got to go.

400x-1.jpg

Henry Juszkiewicz
PHOTOGRAPHER: JEFF ADKINS/BLOOMBERG
Juszkiewicz traded a slice of Gibson’s soul in an attempt to become more than just the maker of the world’s most beloved guitar. He bought pieces of consumer electronics companies to relaunch Gibson Guitars as Gibson Brands Inc., a “music lifestyle’’ company. It didn’t work out as planned.

“My dream was to be the Nike of music lifestyle,” Juszkiewicz said in an interview. “At this point, I have to cut back on that ambition, frankly.”
Guitar Maker Gibson Faces Crushing $560 Million Debt

Raponchi

Frog
<Donor>
Such a cop out. Is that ok to use ? Music is a passion. Shoes can be. But everyone can wear them. Not everyone can play the guitar. In this day and age with instant gratification. GL marketing the guitar as something anyone can do.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm trying to figure out how to play "The Way I Am" by Eminem on guitar and rap with it at the same time. fuuuuuck Eminem's got such weird timing. flows when he does it, but to reproduce it while playing, bleh.

i do much better on my cover of "Forgot About Dre" but i can only do the Dre parts!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
well i figured it out. just needed to strum instead of arpeggiate. ends up sounding like acoustic flamenco rap metal. i definitely need to practice more, in the vocal delivery. this recording the delivery is pretty varied -- didn't really find my voice until the second verse. and i'm maybe channeling too much of angry Eminem.

the original song has a guitar plucking three note arpeggios, i just transposed down an octave and strummed instead of arpeggiated. ends up sounding like flamenco acoustic rap metal. then just inverted power chords following the bass line for the intro and the chorus. simple stuff, but i really enjoy figuring out new arrangements of songs i like.

yeah my real name is in the link, IDGAF. come at me. :p now you guys can check up on me after i die.

didn't really even record it ironically -- Em is a fellow Michigan boy and The Marshall Mathers LP was a guilty pleasure of mine in high school... had a soft spot for it since.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Can anyone explain what this thing does to me? Like does it have presets of some popular amp styles or do you actually have to program the profiles in somehow? Also can this be used on your computer?

kemper.PNG

I saw a making of video of the latest slayer album 2016 and one of the dudes that took Jeff Hennemans place was using this thing to get that slayer sound in the studio.