The Orville

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I wonder how much is gonna change in the next episode.
Cliffhanger indeed.
Question is how much does she remember?
Just enough to stop dating Ed or everything including the whole Kaylon situation which could change everything.

Kiki

Log Wizard
I think everything will change and she will have to put it back together. Easy to predict.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I think they will have to use Isaacs new tech to go back and fix things.

Best twist at the end though, didn’t expect that at all.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is this how we get back alara?
tenor.gif

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I thought it was suggesting its more of a tangent timeline, not linear. She may not have even remembered it, but not being hungover when he called changed her opinion? I think I'm stretching on that one, they seemed to be trying to suggest she remembered something. But, the previews for next episode makes it look like nothing drastic has changed, so I'm not buying that she remembered everything and its the same timeline.

Cybsled

The show hasn't dealt with time travel except the one episode where that woman from the future is trying to sell the Orville to collectors in the future. Thus far they've painted a...confusing picture.

1) So in that episode, the woman from the future saves the Orville from being destroyed. She states that in her future, the Orville was destroyed, so she saves them with the intention of selling the ship. They destroy the time rift and the woman vanishes, BUT they remember her and the Orville isn't destroyed. The woman vanishing after destroying the rift would suggest linear timeline, but if she never existed, then the Orville would have been destroyed and they wouldn't have remembered her and you would have a paradox.

2) Past Kelly ends up in future. They assume linear time, send her back and we find out she does remember a bit and changes the past, which suggests time isn't linear.

It's almost like they want linear time and multiverse time combined in terms of story telling.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They clearly considered both divergent time line scenario and linear one. What hotter Kelly remembering the future means remains to be explained.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'm assuming the finale is the second half...

The Road Not Taken
The crew must contend with the disastrous fallout from Kelly’s decision.

If it's a linear timeline I'm not sure how anyone would recognize things are different (ala "Yesterday's Enterprise" sans Guinan).

Anyway, fantastic episode. The actress playing Kelly did a great job presenting a younger version of the character.

Siliconemelons

Can we talk about how kelly needs to not skip leg day as it was painfully obvious... poor girl would snap like twig

• 2Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I dislike most of the maclan stuff (mostly just due to abundance), but the nightclub scene was great lol.

• 2Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
This was certainly one of the best episodes of both seasons.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I dislike most of the maclan stuff (mostly just due to abundance), but the nightclub scene was great lol.

Yeah it was funny, but completely weird how Bortus was interecting with Klyden as if nothing happened after last episode.

• 1Like

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
They probably put on a good show publicly and one of them beats the living shit out of the other in private, because maclan tradition.