The Orville

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ShakyJake

<Donor>
What are you talking about? you know why the reason she was picked to play Wonder Woman was cuz she is an Amazon at 6ft, she's tall, thin and has "dat gap" all the girls covet.
I guess having toothpicks for legs does give one a thigh gap, but I personally don't find hers attractive.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Odd you mentioned thigh gap- because it looks like, as many noted that she is a "Fuller girl" - but has gone craycray on her legs to get a thigh gap that is just not natural and her legs literally look like toothpicks.

• 1Solidarity

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah she probably needs to do some leg days again, the tights didn't look flattering.

• 1Mother of God

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The show hasn't dealt with time travel except the one episode where that woman from the future is trying to sell the Orville to collectors in the future. Thus far they've painted a...confusing picture.

1) So in that episode, the woman from the future saves the Orville from being destroyed. She states that in her future, the Orville was destroyed, so she saves them with the intention of selling the ship. They destroy the time rift and the woman vanishes, BUT they remember her and the Orville isn't destroyed. The woman vanishing after destroying the rift would suggest linear timeline, but if she never existed, then the Orville would have been destroyed and they wouldn't have remembered her and you would have a paradox.

2) Past Kelly ends up in future. They assume linear time, send her back and we find out she does remember a bit and changes the past, which suggests time isn't linear.

It's almost like they want linear time and multiverse time combined in terms of story telling.

When they started discussing time travel causality rules and Ed just threw up his hands and said "fuck talking about this I'd rather chew glass" I wanted to brofist him.

I hate time travel plots in sci-fi because they all end up fucking it up and creating paradoxes.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
She needs to eat some food and that was evident in the episode last week. The picture ShakyJake ShakyJake posted clearly shows that she has some anorexic stuff going on. She looks like Ally McBeal. You guys defending that look as attractive are part of the problem. Stop being part of the problem and start being part of the solution.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

When they started discussing time travel causality rules and Ed just threw up his hands and said "fuck talking about this I'd rather chew glass" I wanted to brofist him.

I hate time travel plots in sci-fi because they all end up fucking it up and creating paradoxes.

Sarah Connor Chronicles went full multiverse. They realized whatever they did only impacted their timeline, but Skynet wanted to maximize the number of timelines where it wins. They had one episode where 2 characters who traveled from the future slightly apart both experienced a different sequence of events, because the first person altered the timeline and the 2nd person came from a similar, yet different, timeline.

It worked because it explained away the paradoxes.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
she's just tall, she's a 6ft giant, this was her last relationship, very tom cruise/nicole like
J+Cotrona+G+Joe+Retaliation+After+Party+6xm77uJxBrGl.jpg

who is she dating now? gordon

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Now they need to get her to play a recurring love interest for Steve in American Dad for the circle to be complete.
you also find out that maybe the reason why Alara was written out the show, is cuz she's dating seth

• 1Blown

Cybsled

Literally boom in the episode lol

Good episode, but didn’t feel like a season finale. I do hope this gets renewed, it’s a great show and scratches that Star Trek itch. Then again, it’s Fox, so that doesn’t bode well.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Great episode. The music and scenery were the best. Really felt like a star trek episode from the beginning. Best sci-fi show on tv right and it would be sad if this doesn't get renewed.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Mercer: Mercer to Keyali we have a kaylon problem!
Keyali: We know.
Nice look out there, doesn't even report the invasion, even kelly made a note to have long range sensors on before leaving.
How did they not see a problem with writing that part lol.

The device also transporting people has me a little confused on what sets it, but I'm not going to deep dive into it.

Anyways... getting annoyed seeing everything wanting to use time travel for stories, orville, trek, avengers...
But I still love the show, hope it comes back for a season 3 too.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
gets detailed knowledge of military and technological advancement for 7 years in the future.
Uses it to break up with her boyfriend, and not stopping a war before it happens, advancing moclan relations, or anything.

Fucker

Log Wizard
gets detailed knowledge of military and technological advancement for 7 years in the future.
Uses it to break up with her boyfriend, and not stopping a war before it happens, advancing moclan relations, or anything.

^ they definitely called it in.