The Orville

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
4.43 star(s) Rating: 4.43/5 7 Votes
Title: The Orville

Genre: Drama, Comedy, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2017-09-10

Creator: Seth MacFarlane

Cast: Seth MacFarlane, Halston Sage, Adrianne Palicki, Scott Grimes, Peter Macon, Penny Johnson, J. Lee, Mark Jackson

Overview: Follow the crew of the not-so-functional exploratory ship in the Earth's interstellar fleet, 300 years in the future.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
tHNxWnb9YauPEOdQRK7cJr0ncAX.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]The Orville[/EPISODENAME]

Genre:
[GENRE]Sci-Fi & Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2018-09-01[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]Follows the crew of the not-so-functional exploratory ship in the Earth's interstellar fleet, 300 years in the future.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

No TMDB entry for this yet. Probably have the standard MacFarlane humor, but it seems to have reasonable production values and will make it to air before Discovery

*edit* here's the TMDB page they added, can someone amend the thread title?

The Orville

View attachment 140341

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I just saw the trailer for this yesterday, and I chuckled a fair amount, which is waaay more then I do for most comedies. So, I'm actually looking forward to this. I've always liked Star Trek, but I think being a fan I can appreciate the pot shots being taken at that universe even more.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Pfft, don't be a grumpy gus.

It made me chuckle in a few spots. Looking forward to it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Seth is a huge trekkie. If he can hold back on the penis/fart/piss jokes this show could work.

Goatface

if they can resist the urge to make him dumber as the show goes on
it might be ok, but i don't have much hope

Sevens

Log Wizard
Seth Mcfarland has charisma....I'll grant ya that, This might have a chance to be good if they can keep the reins on him and control the 5 year old potty humor or the stupid cut away for some stupid nonsence joke every 3 mins

Siliconemelons

If he gets some SpaceQuest easter eggs in there I will have to give him a +1 - this seems begging for it, heck even just a janitor named roger.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This looks like it could be funny, though I wish Seth wasn't actually starring in it. He's a shit actor.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trailer looks great, will probably try it even though I dislike Seth MacFarlane. As an aside, is it just me or is his face really weird looking, something about the eyes.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
As an aside, is it just me or is his face really weird looking, something about the eyes.
Yeah, he looks like he's had a facelift or three, if you ask me. I don't know if he actually has, but that's exactly what it looks like to me. Sort of the Burt Reynolds/Mickey Rourke look.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Rofl just saw a trailer for this, this is going to be better than ST Discovery

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, he looks like he's had a facelift or three, if you ask me. I don't know if he actually has, but that's exactly what it looks like to me. Sort of the Burt Reynolds/Mickey Rourke look.

Dude drinks like a fish and is a high functioning alcoholic by all accounts, so your seeing drunk face and the long terms effect of boozing.

Though he threw his hat in with the SJWs a bit, I will give this a go as I have been reasonably entertained by anything he as done and like his highbrow plus lowbrow dichotomy humor style. And yeah, it will most certainly be better than Discovery and probably only get one season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is this show about the dam that failed in Cali?

Or maybe even god's asshole from that other dam?

TV show information provided by The Movie Database