The Outer Worlds

Needless

Toe Sucker
supernova is fun, the very start is very annoying though haha.. specially since your limbs can get damaged so i was running around trying to scavange water/food with a broken leg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Haven't bought the game yet, but I'm thinking some Reshade filter treatment could really improve the look of this game, esp. if (like me) you find the over-saturated colours a bit jarring. Anyone fiddled with it yet?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Game is awesome but my only complaint is that I sometimes can't find bodies I killed in the open world because they blend in to the surroundings.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Game is awesome but my only complaint is that I sometimes can't find bodies I killed in the open world because they blend in to the surroundings.

Yeah, Mack / WAB (YT) remarked in his review how hard it is to see humanoid enemies in particular, because of the colour pallet.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
no real spoiler but I’ll spoiler it

The first planet was definitely the most content, monarch probably has the 2nd most and the rest are actually quite short because they’re quite small with only side content

you can’t even visit 4 planets on the map. I don’t know if they were planned to release but they ran out of time or if they’re planned for DLC

Dlc for sure

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Haven't bought the game yet, but I'm thinking some Reshade filter treatment could really improve the look of this game, esp. if (like me) you find the over-saturated colours a bit jarring. Anyone fiddled with it yet?
Impossible with Game Pass version. Windows DRM makes Denuvo look like GOG by comparison. (In terms of locking shit down, not fucking up the game itself.) Can't use the WSGF patch or hex edit the exe yourself either, to fix the ultrawide problems.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Impossible with Game Pass version. Windows DRM makes Denuvo look like GOG by comparison. (In terms of locking shit down, not fucking up the game itself.) Can't use the WSGF patch or hex edit the exe yourself either, to fix the ultrawide problems.

Ahh shit, completely forgot about that, thanks! I guess this didn't make it into the new Win32 gaming model they've been promising. The Epic Store version should be fine though, and I would definitely need Ultrawide support as well.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
What isn't supported for ultra-wide? The UI is in the right spots, just the loading screens are stretched and the cinematic have black bars, but used to the later in particular. Are things stretching at 3440x1440 that I'm just not noticing? I had to adjust the FOV to 85 is all.

1572111140492.png

Vorph

UW is broken in practically every way possible, aside from the UI elements. Stretched cinematics, pillarboxed dialogues, the FOV is vert-, and you can't even set the game to real fullscreen mode without ini edits. And when you do that it breaks both vsync and Freesync/GSync; the tearing is unbearably awful. Borderless has pretty nasty input lag, so it's a trade off between that and Freesync. :(

Edit: BTW, if you want the game to look quite a bit better, add this to the bottom of Engine.ini :
Code:
[/Script/Engine.RendererSettings]
r.SceneColorFringe.Max=0
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1.5
r.MipMapLodBias=-1
r.ViewDistanceScale=2
r.SkeletalMeshLODBias=-2
r.StaticMeshLODDistanceScale=0.25

File location for the Game Pass version is at %localappdata%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

First two lines disable chromatic aberration and DOF, third line is to offset the shitty vaseline filter "antialiasing" (why the fuck people use TAA instead of at least offering the option of MSAA I will never understand), and the rest is to help with the pop in. I don't think there's much of a performance hit, as I'm still running the game at 100+ fps all the time on ultra with a 5700XT, but you can delete those lines if you lose too much fps. First three lines should have no fps impact at all, or a positive effect if anything. Do any in-game setting changes you need to first and make the file read-only after doing the edit or the game will constantly try to overwrite the changes.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
BTW, if you want a tip on what to do immediately after finishing Terra 2: Go to Scylla and take the elevator down to find 3 vending machines. The Rizzo's one sells 29 Armor heavy armor, and if you go to Monarch first or head the other way on Scylla, you might be tricked into buying 22-24 Armor crap instead. Then go back up the other way from the landing pad and you'll find another machine with stuff you might prefer for your own character. There's also a couple machines on Monarch for main character stuff, as well as some nasty critters below the pad that you can shoot safely (leave companions behind if you try this on Supernova, they will get downed) and then go collect that loot too.

[As far as I can tell there's no reason not to give your companions the heaviest armor you can find and the highest base DPS weapons you have. LMGs (I modded one electric and one plasma) or the tactical shotgun are probably the best at that stage.]

Just checked this on my supernova guy and its all 18 medium armor. might scale with level or something?
this character is lvl 11

• 1Like

Vorph

Weird, my character was only like 8, and the armor is level 12. I actually rolled back all the crap I did between end of Terra 2 and finding the machine on Scylla because I bought two suits of 22 + 24 that were instantly obsolete and it was the same stuff when I reloaded and went there first. You're not seeing the pink/blue/white armor at Rizzo's machine? The 480 bit suits are medium, but only 14 Armor with Hack+7.

Rizzo29AR.png

Max looks ridiculous in it, but can't argue with the Armor.
lolarmor.png

The machine on the right is the one that sells it, unless that's something else they changed for Supernova.

Last edited:

Needless

Toe Sucker
Weird, i went to monarch and theres vendors right under the landing zone and that one had 28+ armor haha
having tons of fun with this build, guns and hacking are too OP

bludgeoning dudes with a lacrosse stick is funny as shit

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Game really that short?

I've also never used Microsoft/Xbox store shit so now I'm half tempted to wait a year until there's a Steam release, possibly with more content

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Game really that short?

I've also never used Microsoft/Xbox store shit so now I'm half tempted to wait a year until there's a Steam release, possibly with more content

Oh for christ sakes drop a SoyBuck on Gamepass, jump in discord and have drunken convo with me. I picked up Makers 46 for the occasion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm enjoying this, but the UI is trash and the performance could be better on PC. I have a 2080ti and Destiny 2 looks much better and runs 1000 times smoother.

The FPS on my PC would drop to zero at unfortunate times, I havea 2070 Super so I chalked it up to my old 3570k CPU. As I was using a GamePass trial I decided to try it on my Xbox One X but its just as bad on the console. To me the perf is bad enough that I'm just going to wait.

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
How time change... There was a point in my life where i was drowning in quality games that i kept trying to find at discount. Now am gladly paying full price without second thought when said quality title do comes out , and boy, how rare are those moments. So happy they still exist tho...

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

Only performance problem I've had is the tearing I get if I force it to do exclusive fullscreen instead of borderless. Otherwise it's 100+ fps all the time and loading screens are about 5 seconds tops. The shitshow ultrawide support was very nearly a deal-breaker when I first started playing though.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
So loot as a whole changes as you level up. Once you pass a certain threshold you start seeing Mk2 or upgraded versions of weapons and armor with better stats. Can go from a 250 dps assault rifle to 550+ instantly.

Also on Monarch I landed at the pad and fought my way through. Holy fuck XP. If you can kill the initial wave right outside the pad it's worth spending the time to go the whole way, I got a few levels just fighting my way through.