The Outer Worlds

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any reason to not steal everything if there's nobody nearby to see?
Not that I've seen. If I get caught, I just reload from a recent auto save if I didn't want the dude dead. Lol

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think that's my only real complaint about the game... For a society thats completely immersed in the power of unchecked corporations there is next to no punishment for theft. If you get caught stealing something all you say is "i'll be on my way" and that's all it takes for them to walk away

• 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I think they should have worked on this for another year, and added more depth to it. It's so close to being really good but its just sooooo shallow in terms of items/perks/companions/dialogue

i'd say like a 7/10 probably more of a 6.5/10
after playing through on hard and supernova.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Do I "deal with the Outlaws" or let them escape!! shit!! I'm always paralyzed by these decisions. Did I do it wrong?!?{/spoiler]

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Just had my first laugh out loud moment;

NPC1 - “Today is my birthday.”

NPC2 - “Oh yeah? Fuck your birthday.”

I give the game a solid 7.5/10, it’s very good but I don’t quite get what everyone is gushing over and question whether or not that doesn’t have more to do with how mediocre most games are these days. I ain’t gonna waste time shitting on it either, just don’t share the same opinion but am glad other people are loving it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

j00t

Do I "deal with the Outlaws" or let them escape!! shit!! I'm always paralyzed by these decisions. Did I do it wrong?!?{/spoiler]

i sort of sided, begrudgingly, with cassandra o'malley. like, i kept telling her i didn't like dealing with her and that i only wanted the research from her, but then once i DID confirm that it was just about stupid toothpaste i let her go and let her keep the research. i don't know what the impact of that is going to be, but it felt exactly like something i'd do. i was super self-righteous about it all and then when i realized the banality of what i was arguing for i just stopped caring and washed my hands of it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>

I give the game a solid 7.5/10, it’s very good but I don’t quite get what everyone is gushing over and question whether or not that doesn’t have more to do with how mediocre most games are these days. I ain’t gonna waste time shitting on it either, just don’t share the same opinion but am glad other people are loving it.
this is just to tide people over until Pantheon releases!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

i think a lot of it is that it knows what it wants to be and it does it well. it seems relatively bug free, which feels like a huge accomplishment in this day and age. it's definitely not perfect, and some of it feels fairly shallow.

also, unrelated, wtf is it with this trend in video games where you spend an hour in character creation perfecting what you look like, but then you never see your character's face again

• 1Solidarity

Crone

Glady's just sold me a 488 DPS handgun, using light ammo, at level 10 when all my other weapons, other than my mini gun were like 170-180 DPS. This fucker shows up at 488? Holy shit. Time to melt faces!!

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Glady's just sold me a 488 DPS handgun, using light ammo, at level 10 when all my other weapons, other than my mini gun were like 170-180 DPS. This fucker shows up at 488? Holy shit. Time to melt faces!!
That thing is a beast but the 5 shot bursts absolutely wreck it in durability, so be ready to repair that thing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I find this to be a good game. But it isn't as good as New Vegas in my opinion.

• 3Like

Fadaar

That guy

Once you hit a certain level, maybe like 12? you'll see new guns for sale and dropping that will vastly outclass everything before.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
If I were to review this game in one word it would be, "sterile."

I'm like 20 hours in I guess. Great characters cool setting... But a lot of it just feels so lifeless. You don't really just run into random encounters like Fallout which was a huge appeal of these kind of games to me.

Like stumbling upon the crucified town and guy who won the lottery in Vegas. Where you're all okay yeah the Legion is fucked up. Or finding the schematics for some whacky steam powered railroad spike launcher so now you want to hunt down mats for it. Or using your literal money to make shrapnel for bombs like the bottle cap lunchbox mine and shit.

Just not getting those vibes in this.

It's great otherwise.

• 3Like

Rime

<Donor>
Huh. I had been looking for something to describe it as well and I guess sterile works.

It is pretty, the gunplay is alright, the humor is nice, the setting is right up my alley. But for all of the color and activity, the worlds do not feel like they have a soul.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The directional audio seem bugged for anyone else? Half the time it sounds like things are happening behind my character instead of in front

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think the lack of soul and lived in world goes to NPC behavior patterns, which there aren't any, and zero population of random's in the world unless they are an enemy or a scripted quest. With that said though, for me anyway, the characters and story are making up for it, and the game play is engaging. I am about 13 hours in - and doing every side quest I can do and companion quest because some of those are really well done. Reminds me I need to bring some of my other companions out with me so I can get to their back stories.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Borderlands 3 is more fun.

There. I said it.

1572271564560.png

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game has been in true development for ~3 years. I thought it was suppose to be released in late 2020, honestly. Game is great, and very enjoyable for a Fall Out kind of itch. Just something in the back of my head is saying "This is Obsidian giving Bethesda the middle finger for not using them anymore and thats it."

• 2Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I would guess right about now everyone is trying to steer clear of Bethesda. Even writers like Chris Avellone who just openly gave Bethesda the middle finger.