The Outer Worlds

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
So anyone else with game pass getting to 231.9 MB downloaded and then it just stops?

Happened to me and a friend so far

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just decided i was going to buy this Day one for PS4. Nowi see i can play day 1 on gamepas on my xbox!!
I am very impressed with gamepass and its pulling me over to Xbox after joining up very late in the gen.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I let myself get pretty hyped during cohh's stream. but over the day, I was able to hold back and not buy it. I'll wait for sale.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
Alternatively, you can play it for $1 through the XBox Gamepass.

That is what I am doing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
so can you make game changing decisions every run to get different playthroughs new vegas style?
Supposedly, yes. You can kill any NPC, and I'm not sure how many factions there are and/or if they each have a unique ending but you can definitely betray the dude who pulls you out of cryo and go and help the 'bad guys' instead.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly, yes. You can kill any NPC, and I'm not sure how many factions there are and/or if they each have a unique ending but you can definitely betray the dude who pulls you out of cryo and go and help the 'bad guys' instead.
one of the devs said in an interview that there are multiple endings, though (and maybe i didn't quite understand what he meant) it sounded like there were 2 primary endings depending on who you sided with, and then everything after that showed permutations based your choices throughout the game.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide if I want to get this for PC (1080Ti/2080Ti build coming along)or Xbox One X. No GamePass yet, I still like to own stuff, such that you do these days.
edit: Xbox One X for now.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I can't decide if I want to get this for PC (1080Ti/2080Ti build coming along)or Xbox One X. No GamePass yet, I still like to own stuff, such that you do these days.
edit: Xbox One X for now.

I'm looking at it as an extended demo. If it's good, and I want to replay it I'll pick it up on steam in like a year, but I can still play it and complete it easily in a month and it's only cost £1.00 for that privilege.

The fact that they throw in spotify premium too, which is something I already pay for means I'm actually saving money this month.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wasn't even going to bother with this (being a non-open world game) but for a $1, that is hard to pass up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is why I hate the Microsoft store. Why are there multiple game passes? The game pass for PC does not include outer worlds but the game pass for xbox, that you can also use on PC... does?

What the actual fuck is this nonsense.

I buy the $1 game pass for PC. I go to the Outer Worlds game and it tells me I need the console game pass for it.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
To be fair the Xbox Beta client for PC is absolute garbage. I know its a 'beta' but the overall functionality of the thing is more like an early alpha in terms of how it seems to routinely get confused as to whether or not its logged in and what the heck 'logged in' even means.

Last night it simultaneously told me that Outer Worlds had finished pre-installing, that it was ready to pre-install, that I could play it now with Game Pass, that I could play it soon with Game Pass and that I could buy it now for a lower price due to Xbox promotion.

• 1Worf

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To be fair the Xbox Beta client for PC is absolute garbage. I know its a 'beta' but the overall functionality of the thing is more like an early alpha in terms of how it seems to routinely get confused as to whether or not its logged in and what the heck 'logged in' even means.

Last night it simultaneously told me that Outer Worlds had finished pre-installing, that it was ready to pre-install, that I could play it now with Game Pass, that I could play it soon with Game Pass and that I could buy it now for a lower price due to Xbox promotion.

So what game pass do I need to play it on fucking pc? I don't have an xbox.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (which is both PC and Xbox) but according to the site you only need Xbox Game Pass for PC:

Annotation 2019-10-24 070722.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
In a small slide show. Here is why I always hated the Microsoft store. It is an amazing piece of shit. Like truly incredible.

Exhibit A:
1571916251061.png

Exhibit B:

1571915473648.png

Exhibit C:

1571915500138.png

Doesn't recognize any acceptable devices.

Last edited:

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I've got the xbox game pass for PC (beta) subscription too, however I had to download The Outer Worlds via the xbox app, rather than the Microsoft store itself.

I think the Microsoft store itself works if you had the xbox game pass and downloaded any play anywhere games like Forza 4 or Gears 4 etc, but if you have the PC specific game pass, you have to use the xbox for PC app (link here to download it: XGP viewport)

Which is a really backwards way of how it works, but that's Microsoft for you!

(apologies if you already knew this/have it installed via the xbox app, just trying to help as it looks like this game is gonna be decent!)

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
This is gonna sound silly... but have you tried turning it off and on again?

I only ask because I had to completely restart my PC and log BACK into the Xbox for PC client in order for it to recognize both my device and that my account, which I was always logged into in both scenarios, was actually active in Game Pass.

• 1Like

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really dont have time to play this game atm, but ill buy full price just to support quality game development.

• 1Solidarity