The Outer Worlds

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Nothing I've tried to install would work through Windows Store. You have to use the Xbox (Beta) app.

Is your Windows 10 updated to build 18362? That's one of the causes of that problem you're having.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
its in OP but the xbox version and PC version of the game are different, yeah it makes no sense and the whole thing is a giant clusterfuck. Remember as well the account you log into windows might not be the same as your "xbox" account, I use two different ones but you can switch accounts in the Windows 10 store (or xbox app) or browser, you just have to make sure shit is right before you click on anything that might charge you.

Xbox Version

Win10 version

Ultimate lets you install either version on PC. Game Pass for PC (why is this even a thing) only lets you install the second one I believe. Both have a $1 trial, so really you wanna do the ultimate trial for $1 since its "bigger" than game pass for PC. But do it on the "right" account.

In the Windows 10 store app on your PC you can click the little person icon on the top right to have the W10 store login as a different account than your windows 10 account.

The xbox (beta) app for W10 is pretty useless and really does nothing other than act as a launcher for now, I don't even use it. Just install stuff from the W10 store and you can pin games to your taskbar. You can change where stuff is installed either before the fact or after the fact. For default location run "storage settings" from start menu, for moving app go to "Apps and Features" find the app and click the Move button under it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
But why lol. Other Xbox/PC games show up in the store just fine.
It's very janky. I couldn't install Metro Exodus through the MS store, but it allows me through the Xbox(beta) app.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It's very janky. I couldn't install Metro Exodus through the MS store, but it allows me through the Xbox(beta) app.

This is why people keep using Steam if Microsoft or anyone is out there listening. Just saying.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Plus, M$ is crap. *dons linuxmasterracehat*

Everybody says that Steam is a form of DRM. I suppose that's true, but M$ takes it to a whole new level, and I'm sure the Epic games store as well. If Steam is a form of DRM, then the M$ store is a form of police state DRM. Where you have big brother watching over your shoulder every time you make a move.

It's gonna be hard avoiding spoilers, but I'm gonna wait for this game to come out on Steam. Fuck these guys, fuck epic, and especially fuck M$.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Isn't this essentially cross play, but from the perspective of a provider with 2 platforms? I think it's early enough in all this stuff becoming a reality that we can cut them some slack for it being a wonky experience.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
So there's an Xbox game pass, a pc game pass, and an Xbox for pc game pass and the PC game pass let's you install the PC version but the Xbox for pc game pass let's you install either the Xbox version or the pc version on a pc?

I want to salute whoever designed this system. Amazing.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So there's an Xbox game pass, a pc game pass, and an Xbox for pc game pass and the PC game pass let's you install the PC version but the Xbox for pc game pass let's you install either the Xbox version or the pc version on a pc?

Wait wait wait. Xbox for pc game pass I must have missed that one and bought the wrong one. Hence my problems?

Fuuuuuck.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I've got all my accounts linked to the same account. So everything is the same, thought everyone's was like that.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>

Xbox Gold (monthly games + multiplayer)
Xbox Game Pass (game catalog - play anywhere games available on PC)
PC Game Pass (PC game catalog)

Those are the 3 subs condensed into Xbox Ultimate. Ultimate is required for many early access and pre-release games and Ultimate is the one subject to all the promotions and offers.

Guessing xCloud will be added to the pile soon.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is why people keep using Steam if Microsoft or anyone is out there listening. Just saying.

Well, agreed - but that is why it's only $4.99 but you still get 100 games and access to this one which is going to be well worth full price anyway. Give and take at least with this one.

With that said, I am good for 3 years on ultimate gamepass thanks to spronk spronk . Only paid $103 after taxes and will have access to services totaling over $500 for the next three years for 80% off. Now the only problem is during that time frame their new console comes out - do I buy the new shiny because of this service.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm surprised no meth dealer hasn't come out with Netflix for Meth

i guess you don't really need to entice meth customers, it kinda sells itself

• 1Worf

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
spronk spronk also got me 3 years of Xbox game pass Ultimate. I've got so many Rockstar energy drinks sitting around my house now it's glorious!

TJT TJT quit being a noob and just get Ultimate, and be done with it. Stubborn bitch!!