The Outer Worlds

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
official release date is the 25th, but game pass has it unlocking on the 24th at 4pm pst, fyi
VPN or changing console location should unlock it in the morning too. Like 8AM EDT for a Japan VPN or noon if Xbone is set to New Zealand.

spronk

FPS noob
The best deal for gamepass right now is ordering a $5 taco bell double chalupa or nachos box -- only those two specific combos -- using tacobell.com or the taco bell app. You HAVE to use the app/website and order for pickup with a taco bell account, just paying in store won't be enough. A day or two after you order you will get an email with a link to tacobellxboxoffer.com and that link will give you an xbox code for a 14 day gamepass ultimate pass. There is also a code printed on the box you buy that you can enter for a chance to win a free Xbox one x.

When you redeem that code on your microsoft account, it'll say you will convert any existing time to gamepass ultimate and then tell you if you turn on recurring sub it'll add an extra month free. Keep it yes, and you'll get 6 weeks of gamepass ultimate for $5. Turn off recurring billing now. You can do it one more time for 12 weeks of ultimate for $10. If you don't have gamepass at all, you might get one more free month or something, I dunno but this completely works for an existing gamepass/gold account.

after that you can buy gears of 5 rockstar drinks at walmart/etc and add 4 weeks of ultimate per 2 drinks.

If all that sounds retarded as fuck you can just go to costco, buy 2 years of gold for $100, redeem it, and convert it to 2 years of ultimate for free. Still, feeling bloated and gassy for days after eating a chalupa can't be beat

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well hell, I was gonna come here to post a discount on purchase and then read all this game pass stuff.

In case anyone wants to "own" a copy like a real cool guy (IE me), allyouplay.com has 20% discount ALLYOUCANPLAY that applies to this game. I just purchased it and got the key immediately.

spronk

FPS noob
all the reviewers i've heard really like the game and a few describe it as a version of fallout or fallout + mass effect, even mentioning you have your own normandy, crew, crew missions, etc.

they also all seem to say the game is maybe a bit too easy on normal mode after a few hours, and in hard mode it can be very hard the first few hours but more rewarding once you get a few upgrades. All seem to also agree, at least on console (I'm not sure reviewers have access to PC version) that it runs really well without any bugs encountered, which is a bit surprising.

Really looking forward to playing now. Not sure which difficulty though, not really interested in repeating encounters over and over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
It's funny that Polygon praising something, actually makes me less interested! That said, I'm not going to let that deter me(since I have it "free" on gamepass anyway). You can preload this on gamepass PC.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Caliane

Watching Cohh. Sense of humor in this so far is pretty great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
cohh showing off the game now
Been watching for 30 mins or so now. Really liking the vibe of the game world. Graphics won't win any awards, but it doesn't seem to matter. Voice acting so far is stellar; pacing, delivery, all very slick. So yeah, great first impression.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha right now Bethesda is like, "Welp, that's a way better Starfield than what we could have ever made in our shitty engines"

If, big if, Starfield was a Fallout in Space. (Like this game is)

Trying not to watch too much but I saw a part just now where Cohh was talking to a security officer and was talking about Mechanicals and basically said they found a weak spot and to shoot the glowey blue square lol :p

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Love it! Wish gaming weekend was this weekend :( But I am still planning on getting 6-10 hours in somehow starting Friday-Sun.

• 2Like

Vorph

ACG gives it a 'BUY'!
Jesus, that chromatic aberration... so glad to hear later in the video that while consoles are stuck with it, PC settings will let you shut the eye cancer off.

• 3Like

Vorph

New Vegas, but with Mass Effect style locations rather than a large open world.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
With the news of what Bethesda is doing to Fallout 76 right now and who knows God what else with their upcoming releases, I want to thank Obsidian for showing how a game is made in this day and age. In fact, even though I have gamepass, I may go buy a PS4 Copy just to support them further.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users