The Outer Worlds

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
any good sniper rifles in the early parts of the game?

I got a scoped hunting rifle from a named marauder just north ish of the starting town. The named is one of the ones you need to collect the fingers from for the bounties.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Unfortunately ini edits can't do anything more than force the game to run ultrawide resolutions in true fullscreen. The actual ultrawide support is broken, just like most UE4 games at release (especially ones by devs making their first game with it). They are using vert- instead of hor+ and setting AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV sort of fixes it but also breaks other stuff, pre-rendered cutscenes are stretched instead of pillarboxed, and to make things even more absurd, normal dialogue screens ARE pillarboxed. It would be hard to mess up ultrawide support more thoroughly if they tried.

After dicking around with the ini files for an hour I ended up deleting all my ini edits except the ones to mitigate some of TAA's fullscreen-vaseline-effect by sharpening everything and completely disabling chromatic aberration. Sharpening is better than just turning TAA off entirely, and the in-game settings don't let you turn off CA without disabling a bunch of other stuff too, contrary to what ACG said. You can also disable the extreme DOF effect in dialogues if you want, but turning it off entirely isn't really an improvement imo.

Fortunately the game itself is pretty great so far, and in between dialogues and cutscenes I can nearly forget about the annoying technical stuff.

Edit: @j00t Crone Crone Go into Settings->UI and uncheck Show Base Item Stats. No idea why that's on by default, it prevents you from seeing what your skills are doing.

Edit 2: Anyone know if companions actually use ammo/durability on the gun they have equipped? Seems like it, but I only did a couple fights after getting my first one.
I don't think so, I know for 100% sure that durability is ignored. I killed the outlaw King guy in the bottom of the first space station and got his named flamer, and one of my companions has been using it constantly without any ammo problems. This is on hard mode, supernova may be different.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I am fucking pissed. Do any of you have issues with the microsoft store downloading? It's only telling me I get 5 mbps but in reality its probably running under a mbps.

To make sure I wasn't going insane I went and installed a similar sized steam game and it took under 45 minutes. At this rate it will take me days to download this garbage.

Pirate bay it is.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Okay I am fucking pissed. Do any of you have issues with the microsoft store downloading? It's only telling me I get 5 mbps but in reality its probably running under a mbps.

To make sure I wasn't going insane I went and installed a similar sized steam game and it took under 45 minutes. At this rate it will take me days to download this garbage.

Pirate bay it is.

Codex has a release out for it.

• 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Codex has a release out for it.

Yep installed and playing now. You know the last time I struggled to download something where I I had to spend hours to update my OS just to install it? Then had to troubleshoot the download client which still did nothing? Just so I could fail and then still not be able to download the game client? Oh also the updated windows crashed which seems to by default purge your download progress from the store. So it's got that going for it.

Downloaded and installed in 30 mins from Pirate Bay.

I will never touch the piece of shit Microsoft store again. Ever. Holy fucking shit that was a terrible experience.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I am almost paralyzed by choice of what I want to do with my character... its a fun feeling.

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I found mods that allowed me to turn my hunters rifle into a plasma sniper rifle and a chain lightning gun into a plasma gun

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm back in Murica' and lookin for something to play this cold, wet weekend.... This looks great, but can I make a pure smooth talking, stealthy puss-boy who can't fight (a direct reflection of me)?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm back in Murica' and lookin for something to play this cold, wet weekend.... This looks great, but can I make a pure smooth talking, stealthy puss-boy who can't fight (a direct reflection of me)?

Yes. In fact, he comes as a pre-built.

1572009892953.png

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am totally playing on supernova by the way. I had a major hard-on for all the survival mods in New Vegas.

Also playing as a stealthy assassin hacker pussy boy.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Thinking about my choices from an hour of play last night has me second guessing my choices, lol. Hate that shit.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yep installed and playing now. You know the last time I struggled to download something where I I had to spend hours to update my OS just to install it? Then had to troubleshoot the download client which still did nothing? Just so I could fail and then still not be able to download the game client? Oh also the updated windows crashed which seems to by default purge your download progress from the store. So it's got that going for it.

Downloaded and installed in 30 mins from Pirate Bay.

I will never touch the piece of shit Microsoft store again. Ever. Holy fucking shit that was a terrible experience.
Microsoft store or the Xbox beta app?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The xbox beta pc app just directed me to the MS store to install from there.
Wtf? The Xbox beta PC app for me had it download directly in the client. Why your shit all fucked up? Although given your issues I do agree that Codex was the way to go!!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So after you leave the first planet, you get to choose between two paths, find flight plans basically on a space station, or travel to the planet Monarch and fight your way overland through waves of super hard enemies. Anyone choose that way yet besides me? Ridiculous. My weapons were all plasma and level 12+ by the time I left Terra 2 so these mobs are challenging but not that hard. Tons of loot on them and in the surrounding area.

Rime

<Donor>
Supernova difficulty is a ball buster. Lots of deaths and not even off of the first planet. Those ground tunneling prime monkeys can eat a bag of dicks.

• 2Like

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I used the MS Store to install. Easy peasy.

Getting the account set up though, was a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
  • 1Like