The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You had me going for a while there but you've blown it, very transparent trolling here. Nice try though.

Just in case, I think "It's a book in old Turkish from the early 1400s" with one source detailing the process of translation and issues with it is more reasonable and conservative than "I tripled checked my sources but had to delete them to stop a millenum old paedophile and death cult from knowing that I know and sending the Men in Black to get me".
seriously, that video was very cool, you know how many establishment linguists and scientists have proclaimed that writing as random gibberish or a hoax? this makes them all look like retards.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
You had me going for a while there but you've blown it, very transparent trolling here. Nice try though.

Just in case, I think "It's a book in old Turkish from the early 1400s" with one source detailing the process of translation and issues with it is more reasonable and conservative than "I tripled checked my sources but had to delete them to stop a millenum old paedophile and death cult from knowing that I know and sending the Men in Black to get me".

I'm 100% serious. I can show you da wae, but don't come crying to me when you get attention from the bad guys.

Chris

Potato del Grande
seriously, that video was very cool, you know how many establishment linguists and scientists have proclaimed that writing as random gibberish or a hoax? this makes them all look like retards.
Yeah I was stunned when I saw it last week. I'm very impressed that a mystery actually got solved.

Antithykera Mechanism next please!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Well they know it tracks planetary movements but I'd like to see them make one.

They already have and its mystery has in fact been solved unlike the Voynich manuscript which you think was solved but actually wasn't.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... Antithykera Mechanism next please!

I was on holiday with a gal in Italy last year and when it wrapped up, she had to fly to Athens for some work. I joined her for a day and we lazed about the city taking in the sights. We randomly decided to go to the National Archaeological Museum of Athens. It was all fairly humdrum, but as we were heading out, I walked past this on display. I immediately recognized it from Documentaries / YouTube stuff and was kind of awestruck. It was that moment I let slip to that gal I was a bit of a nerd and went on about this thing.

Really cool to see in person!

They do explain exactly what it does. Fascinating, nonetheless.

Antikythera mechanism - Wikipedia

Decoding the Antikythera Mechanism, the First Computer | History | Smithsonian

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the real mystery is who built it and why was it on this ship? also why havent we seen other examples of this high tech during this time period?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
the real mystery is who built it and why was it on this ship? also why havent we seen other examples of this high tech during this time period?

Hint hint, the greek gods were real people who actually interacted with us and taught us things. Mystery solved.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Hint hint, the greek gods were real people who actually interacted with us and taught us things. Mystery solved.

Why can't you just have a normal discussion? This 'hint hint' shit is why no one likes you. I pretty much agree with what you're saying and it lines up with hancock's pre driad civilization that a lot of our mythology may have stemmed from, but fuck you're unlikable.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its only about 2k years old. greek mythology pre dates this. "greek gods" doesnt explain why it was on this boat or why there arent other examples

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
its only about 2k years old. greek mythology pre dates this. "greek gods" doesnt explain why it was on this boat or why there arent other examples

Greek mythology became a thing around 700 BC which means the events of the myths aren't much older. Alexander the Great lived in the 300 BC's and is said to be the last child of Zeus. Obviously not provable but there's quite a bit too it. Anyways, the device is said to be from around 200 BC and I think it's very possible that the gods were still interacting with humans but in a more hidden and discreet fashion at this time. It could easily have been a gift from one of them and some how ended up on that boat. How else does a mechanism such as this appear 1,500 years ahead of its time?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Greek mythology became a thing around 700 BC which means the events of the myths aren't much older. Alexander the Great lived in the 300 BC's and is said to be the last child of Zeus. Obviously not provable but there's quite a bit too it. Anyways, the device is said to be from around 200 BC and I think it's very possible that the gods were still interacting with humans but in a more hidden and discreet fashion at this time. It could easily have been a gift from one of them and some how ended up on that boat. How else does a mechanism such as this appear 1,500 years ahead of its time?
how else? come on man, this isnt some magical device. its all mechanical and it has an earthly function. it was thought up and crafted by humans, not Hephaestus

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
how else? come on man, this isnt some magical device. its all mechanical and it has an earthly function. it was thought up and crafted by humans, not Hephaestus

Considering its time frame, I'd argue it is a magical device. It's nearly two millenia ahead of it's time and you don't think beings with far more advanced knowledge and capabilities had anything to do with it? Come on man indeed. It's been likened to finding a Porsche in medieval Europe.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Considering its time frame, I'd argue it is a magical device. It's nearly two millenia ahead of it's time and you don't think beings with far more advanced knowledge and capabilities had anything to do with it? Come on man indeed. It's been likened to finding a Porsche in medieval Europe.
nah, it just shows they had geniuses back in those days too. there is nothing magical about gears and cogs. nothing magical about math either.

have you ever seen a Gutenberg bible? these were bibles made on the first printing press 600 years ago.
before columbus came to america, we had machines making things like this.
Gutenberg-Bible.jpg

no modern book has this level of craftsmanship. yet this was a mechanical device made by humans for an earthly function. you gotta be careful when attributing everything to gods.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
nah, it just shows they had geniuses back in those days too. there is nothing magical about gears and cogs. nothing magical about math either.

have you ever seen a Gutenberg bible? these were bibles made on the first printing press 600 years ago.
before columbus came to america, we had machines making things like this.

no modern book has this level of craftsmanship. yet this was a mechanical device made by humans for an earthly function. you gotta be careful when attributing everything to gods.

Dude, you're comparing something that prints pieces of paper to a fucking computer. If people were able to make these back then, a) why is it the only one known to exist and b) why is it such a mystery and c) why was the next similar type of device not created for about 1,600 years. You mean to tell me only one person was able to make this thing 2,200 years ago and they only made one of them and never told anybody or mentioned it to anyone and nobody else was able to figure it out for nearly 2 millenia?

I don't attribute everything to gods but this is pretty fucking obvious. I'm not sure how much more of a vivid picture could possibly be painted for you. Just like you can't perceive the fact that no amount of man power could have lifted many of the stones that were used in ancient structures. Literally no amount of man power or pullies and ropes would work and yet you seem to insist that it had to be man made despite the fact that even modern technology could not reproduce these structures. Not really sure why you're so against the answer that is so blatantly obvious.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The best question to ask about just about every conspiracy theory, Lumester

And you think I don't? Every conspiracy I believe in has numerous logical explanations for a cover up. Cures for cancer and diseases kept secret? Gee, it couldn't be to protect the trillion fucking dollar pharmaceutical industry could it?

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
So I was fixing an old toy from the 80s and I think it was actually made by the gods! There are no batteries or anything. You twist the crank and the elevator goes up and somehow it knows to come back down without even reversing the direction you are cranking. How do they even do that without an electronic sensor to detect when it reaches the top and to reverse the direction? This thing is nearly 40 years old and it still works too! The gears in this thing are like some type of special computer because I don't understand how they work so it must be some nano computer smaller than anything we can even create today.

768d3778ec1075a8ac7173bfb5eb4c09.jpg

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Do not direct people to suicide.
So I was fixing an old toy from the 80s and I think it was actually made by the gods! There are no batteries or anything. You twist the crank and the elevator goes up and somehow it knows to come back down without even reversing the direction you are cranking. How do they even do that without an electronic sensor to detect when it reaches the top and to reverse the direction? This thing is nearly 40 years old and it still works too! The gears in this thing are like some type of special computer because I don't understand how they work so it must be some nano computer smaller than anything we can even create today.

Wow you're fucking autistic. Yep cuz a modern day plastic toy is a valid comparison to a 2,200 year old super advanced computerized mechanical device that was 1,600 years ahead of it's time. Kill your fucking self.