The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

iannis

Musty Nester
I did some google-fu and I think i'm thinking of Blue Thunder. They had a helicopter MOVIE!!!!

Man, some studio exec was super hard for aircraft. "It'll be like top gun, except with a helicopter instead and a little more homoeroticism!"

• 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I did some google-fu and I think i'm thinking of Blue Thunder. They had a helicopter MOVIE!!!!

Man, some studio exec was super hard for aircraft. "It'll be like top gun, except with a helicopter instead and a little more homoeroticism!"
Airwolf WAS the knockoff. The movie was bigger budget and had roy scheider star in it. Tv show was jan michael vincent and ernest borgnine. I love them both, but you could have probably got both to appear at your birthday party for a hundred bucks back then.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Airwolf WAS the knockoff. The movie was bigger budget and had roy scheider star in it. Tv show was jan michael vincent and ernest borgnine. I love them both, but you could have probably got both to appear at your birthday party for a hundred bucks back then.
JMV was the highest paid TV actor at the time.

REPENT

• 1WTF
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pops

Chuk, I love these vid/links. I get lost down the rabbit hole, following Goog's suggestions.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Chuk, I love these vid/links. I get lost down the rabbit hole, following Goog's suggestions.
that makes me happy, i feel like sometimes that i'm the only one who is amazed by some of the shit these guys were building befor they had steel or even the wheel. the really old stuff like Gobekli tepe they were supposed to not even have copper tools, those precision bas relief carvings were done with just other rocks.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Nah, some of them are good.

Some of them are crap.. but whatchagunna do. Some of them are going to be crap. Nature of the beast.

That lightening strike one is interesting. I wonder if they were putting up lightening rods. That would be a huge fucking thing... the ability to at least partially direct lightening. It wouldn't take too much "wuuuuu" if you're the first druid to figure out lightening will hit tall objects more often than short ones.

Of course they might have also just found the scar and been like "holy shit" and built on it.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If the bricks are a lost cement reaction, or aliens or ancient egyptian soundwave technology or whatever, why are they all different sizes and shapes?

Seems like it's just a big drystone wall and they worked the stones a little to make them fit better. Not speculating on how they moved them though.

• 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If the bricks are a lost cement reaction, or aliens or ancient egyptian soundwave technology or whatever, why are they all different sizes and shapes?

Seems like it's just a big drystone wall and they worked the stones a little to make them fit better. Not speculating on how they moved them though.
Worked them with what? How do you work a 100 ton stone to razor thin precision fit with an other 100 ton stone? I mean, this isnt Ikea furniture, 100 tons is kinda heavy to hold up in your arms while the guy underneath trims a little granite off the bottom with his bronze chisel.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Worked them with what? How do you work a 100 ton stone to razor thin precision fit with an other 100 ton stone? I mean, this isnt Ikea furniture, 100 tons is kinda heavy to hold up in your arms while the guy underneath trims a little granite off the bottom with his bronze chisel.
Maybe they got it into place with gaps, then filed down around the gaps so they slid together neatly.

My point is that if it's advanced engineering they would have small equal sized blocks like we do for ease of use, or in the case of aliens with insane tech, it would just all be one piece? The fact it's odd sized blocks tells us something.

I guess they had a method to move large blocks and a method to file them down, but no method to cut through the rocks to make them smaller. It makes sense that if they had shit tools, they wouldn't be able to quarry anything but could knock off little bits.

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe they got it into place with gaps, then filed down around the gaps so they slid together neatly.

My point is that if it's advanced engineering they would have small equal sized blocks like we do for ease of use, or in the case of aliens with insane tech, it would just all be one piece? The fact it's odd sized blocks tells us something.

I guess they had a method to move large blocks and a method to file them down, but no method to cut through the rocks to make them smaller. It makes sense that if they had shit tools, they wouldn't be able to quarry anything but could knock off little bits.
i hope you arent suggesting they had actual files, cuz no. they used rocks of varying sizes for decorative reasons and presumably because it makes them earthquake resistant. that explains the polygonal construction. they did not have a method to move the large blocks that we know of besides just brute forcing from the quarry miles away to the building site and somehow making everything fit perfectly without mortar.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
This is the most plausible explanation I've seen as to how ancient stones were shaped, but the time it would take to do the work, tool replacement, etc. is staggering. As for some of the more complex shapes, I'd think you could trace the outline of one and transfer that profile as a guide onto the rock you are shaping. Sand eroding granite by hand though, ugh. Still not sure how you'd move them into place once you finished.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This is the most plausible explanation I've seen as to how ancient stones were shaped, but the time it would take to do the work, tool replacement, etc. is staggering. As for some of the more complex shapes, I'd think you could trace the outline of one and transfer that profile as a guide onto the rock you are shaping. Sand eroding granite by hand though, ugh. Still not sure how you'd move them into place once you finished.

you can very slowly work stone using that method. its crude and you wont get any decent detailing.

this is 11,000 years old
07_p43.jpg

notice how its not carved into the rock. its 3 dimensional. which means rock had to have been carefully removed around the sculpture. this pre dates any kind of metal tools by thousands of years, so they had to use other rocks. 11,000 years ago these people were considered hunter gatherers. Gobekle tepe basically destroys all established science and its not an anomaly. there are many tepes in the region. some even older than GT

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users