The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i dunno man, those old timey russian warheads still probably list those decommissioned silos as key targets. with Brandon smoking weed and snorting coke on top of his dementia, something is likely to pop off very soon. just work out of an old gold mine in Death Valley and nobody will ever fuck with you. the temp stays around 62 all year. no annoying bitches will want to come visit.
At this point I'd be mostly ok with being instantly vaporized instead of having dreams of Oprah and having to travel across an apocalyptic landscape to Nebraska.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
At this point I'd be mostly ok with being instantly vaporized instead of having dreams of Oprah and having to travel across an apocalyptic landscape to Nebraska.
when did it become Oprah? i thought Esther Rolle was perfect for that role. and why the fuck wouldnt you pick The Walking Dude?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
when did it become Oprah? i thought Esther Rolle was perfect for that role. and why the fuck wouldnt you pick The Walking Dude?
My bad, I meant Whoopi. They all look alike you know :p

And I'd like to go team Flagg, but what if he decides to rape me with his gun like he did to Trashcan Man??

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Years ago, during a late night thunderstorm, there was a knock at the front door. More of a hard tap really but it kept repeating. Couldn't see anyone, so debris pinned by the wind is what I assumed. But even after storm winds had paused awhile this tapping continued unabated.

I grab a full size D-cell flashlight and open the door to investigate, but nada, no noise and nothing to see. Maybe opening the door dislodged whatever it was. Shut the door and walk off, it starts again, steady like clockwork. So I sneak up and gently press my ear against the door to listen for rustling or breathing, anything more. There's still some faint rain drops and the tapping is clearly more of a plucking, when heard closeup. Mid-pluck I throw open the door and once again there is nothing to see or hear.

At this point I assume its a bird or some sort of rodent trying to escape the weather and I sneak out back during the next series of noises. I've got a medium sized spade and my flashlight as I round the corner, in the rain, to once again see nothing. But this time the noise is still going on. So I approach, examine the area and still don't see anything; as if the door itself is the source. Open the door and it instantly stops.

While I'm thinking about finding a stool or ladder to check for leaks, I see it, from the corner of my eye, this gigantic sausage-sized green worm wedged between frame indentations and exterior edges. When I shut the door from outside it shifted and began plucking the lining with its maw.

I used twigs and a pickling jar to move his dumb ass to some greenery
Hungry A Bugs Life GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
My bad, I meant Whoopi. They all look alike you know :p

And I'd like to go team Flagg, but what if he decides to rape me with his gun like he did to Trashcan Man??
Trashy was a special kind of freak. If you were just a normal freak, you got decent work with free pussy assigned to you. Honestly, I weighed the pluses and minuses of working at a militaristic dictatorship or a hippy fucking commune. I would pick the former every time. It's not even a tough decision.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Trashy was a special kind of freak. If you were just a normal freak, you got decent work with free pussy assigned to you. Honestly, I weighed the pluses and minuses of working at a militaristic dictatorship or a hippy fucking commune. I would pick the former every time. It's not even a tough decision.
Well yeah, if I could guarantee no gun rape, I'd go there too. On top of that the hippies ended up in Boulder. BOULDER. I've been there. It is worse than Davis and Berkeley here in California. Fuck Boulder.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, even gun rape would be better than Boulder.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Well yeah, if I could guarantee no gun rape, I'd go there too. On top of that the hippies ended up in Boulder. BOULDER. I've been there. It is worse than Davis and Berkeley here in California. Fuck Boulder.

Worse than Cali 🤯
ancient aliens yes GIF

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

when i was a teen reading the original Stand during the 80s. i had to stop and think about why King was portraying the granola faggots as the good guys and the dude who got the power running and law and order in his first week was supposed to be the bad guy. Arbitrary Arbitrary , any idea?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
when i was a teen reading the original Stand during the 80s. i had to stop and think about why King was portraying the granola faggots as the good guys and the dude who got the power running and law and order in his first week was supposed to be the bad guy. Arbitrary Arbitrary , any idea?

Flagg's utopia where everyone has a guaranteed job with a 10 hour workday and illegal drug use is a death sentence is supposed to be a dark reflection of what would later be regarded as Reagan conservatism. King wrote it a couple years before Reagan would become president but it's definitely supposed to be a critique of the conservatism of the day.

Of course King doesn't really have anything all that biting to say about Nu-Vegas and how it's run so it just sorta falls apart on its own before the literal hand of god sets off a nuke in downtime. On a revisit it's really jarring how we spend a decent amount of time with the people there and they're all just doing the best they can following a man that makes quite a bit of sense for them to follow and they all get turned into nuclear shadows by God himself. All of our supposed antagonists are more tragic than they are malicious.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Flagg's utopia where everyone has a guaranteed job with a 10 hour workday and illegal drug use is a death sentence is supposed to be a dark reflection of what would later be regarded as Reagan conservatism. King wrote it a couple years before Reagan would become president but it's definitely supposed to be a critique of the conservatism of the day.

Of course King doesn't really have anything all that biting to say about Nu-Vegas and how it's run so it just sorta falls apart on its own before the literal hand of god sets off a nuke in downtime. On a revisit it's really jarring how we spend a decent amount of time with the people there and they're all just doing the best they can following a man that makes quite a bit of sense for them to follow and they all get turned into nuclear shadows by God himself. All of our supposed antagonists are more tragic than they are malicious.
yes, very much so, and the thing is. King has several moments of clarity when whats her name was being a spy in Vegas, meanwhile Flagg knew who the fuck she was before she got there, but he was just toying with her. and she had a bunch of inner thoughts about the people who were there and working. she said they were happy and none of them seemed evil or crazy cept for one or two people. then when she gets caught. she turns into a nutcase herself calling all those happy people insane and nazis. its really a very prophetic novel that no way King knew he was describing the left wing nutcases of today. unless King was always a phony liberal which i have suspected from the 80s.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
yes, very much so, and the thing is. King has several moments of clarity when whats her name was being a spy in Vegas, meanwhile Flagg knew who the fuck she was before she got there, but he was just toying with her. and she had a bunch of inner thoughts about the people who were there and working. she said they were happy and none of them seemed evil or crazy cept for one or two people. then when she gets caught. she turns into a nutcase herself calling all those happy people insane and nazis. its really a very prophetic novel that no way King knew he was describing the left wing nutcases of today. unless King was always a phony liberal which i have suspected from the 80s.
Just reinforces why Swan Song by Robert McCammon was a superior take on essentially the same tale. Granted, it came off as a bit of a ripoff at the time, but I'd rather re-read Swan Song any day. I probably should, because it has probably been over 2 decades since I last read it.

• 2Like