The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 481635
This map doesn't make any sense. It isn't the "antarctica is a ring" UN map that flat earthers go by, it's a totally different thing. It kinda looks like there are two Africas. That or they've got the Lost Continent of Mu on there for some reason.

View attachment 481637
WTF?
It's East Asia, the map is incredibly warped and Asia has been cut in two.

I'm going to guess that they wanted a circular map like this one:
png-transparent-world-map-world-map-ok-globe-world-sphere.png

But wanted the US in the middle, which doesn't exist as circular maps put the poles at the centre so someone bodged that monstrosity together.

Or maybe it's an ancient alien conspiracy and they like to drop little hints. Since Asia isn't on the map, maybe their plan is to sink it to raise Zealandia back up in it's place?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It's East Asia, the map is incredibly warped and Asia has been cut in two.

I'm going to guess that they wanted a circular map like this one:
View attachment 481787

But wanted the US in the middle, which doesn't exist as circular maps put the poles at the centre so someone bodged that monstrosity together.

Or maybe it's an ancient alien conspiracy and they like to drop little hints. Since Asia isn't on the map, maybe their plan is to sink it to raise Zealandia back up in it's place?

That massive Australia / New Zealand, lol

The most commonly-used world map rustles me because it has the northern hemisphere as twice as large as the southern, and vastly over-represents the size of things like Greenland and Sweden.

1688928468788.png

Northern Canada and Russia are also massively outsized. So is Alaska. Mostly it just doesn't make any sense in terms of where the equator is, and I see this map used more than any other version of the world map.

Rustles the fuck out of me.

Basically what I'm saying is that even our world maps are way off about the current configuration of the world, yet this generation of human thinks they've got The Past all figured out.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
That massive Australia / New Zealand, lol

The most commonly-used world map rustles me because it has the northern hemisphere as twice as large as the southern, and vastly over-represents the size of things like Greenland and Sweden.

View attachment 481790
Northern Canada and Russia are also massively outsized. So is Alaska. Mostly it just doesn't make any sense in terms of where the equator is, and I see this map used more than any other version of the world map.

Rustles the fuck out of me.

Basically what I'm saying is that even our world maps are way off about the current configuration of the world, yet this generation of human thinks they've got The Past all figured out.
Oh yeah you are right. The map kept messing with my brain as warped Africa sideways looks like warped Australia.

I hate the giant greenland maps too, they are like that for naval navigation though, there was a reason for it.

Best map is the Dymaxion Map:

il_1588xN.4271342642_ssqr.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I wonder if it’s possible any of the alien crashes were actually shot down by other aliens. Never heard that possibility mentioned anywhere before.
i have heard two events that UFO believers claim was about aliens duking it out. one was Roswell and the other was some kind of war during dinosaur times and thats how they went extinct through collateral damage.
Have the stories skyrocketed or has the volume of media available skyrocketed?

Now that everyone has a phone camera, the amount of sightings filmed by randoms seems to have gone down, giving more oxygen to "I was in the airforce and saw something maybe".
i was so big into this stuff in my teens and early twenties. its what got me seriously into photography. i would get frustrated with these shitshow "UFO images" and so i decided i would get my own cameras and show them how to take UFO pictures. one of my good friends was into UFO stuff too and we would drive around the boonies at night looking for any strange lights or anything. later i did more of this with my ex. net result was nothing. then later with digital cameras i realized that this UFO business was either faked or misunderstood images of satellites or stuff from earth that was distorted with cheap camera artifacts. i wasnt even happy to realize that. UFO hunting is cool and fun as hell to do when young. it gets you outside in nature and opens up possibilities about life on other planets. if this gets the kids to put down their phones and do more outdoors stuff, then it cant hurt. just dont get too serious about this with the government coverup bullshit. the government cant cover up anything properly because they got morons working for them.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh yeah you are right. The map kept messing with my brain as warped Africa sideways looks like warped Australia.

I have the giant greenland maps too, they are like that for naval navigation though, there was a reason for it.

Best map is the Dymaxion Map:

View attachment 481791

Now that's a good map. I think Antarctica might be grossly under-sized though. Everything else actually looks accurate. Stark difference between Greenland here and Greenland on the widely-used world map, innit?

Russia and North America look like an FF title screen Amano drawing. Two Eikons about to do battle.

Anyway back on topic.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Now that's a good map. I think Antarctica might be grossly under-sized though. Everything else actually looks accurate. Stark difference between Greenland here and Greenland on the widely-used world map, innit?

Russia and North America look like an FF title screen Amano drawing. Two Eikons about to do battle.

Anyway back on topic.
No that's how big Antartica is, Dymaxion Projection is the most accurate for landmass sizes, it's just less useful for reading what is contiguous.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
i have heard two events that UFO believers claim was about aliens duking it out. one was Roswell and the other was some kind of war during dinosaur times and thats how they went extinct through collateral damage.

It's my belief that the dinosaurs were indeed killed by asteroids and that there's a good chance this is linked to the (now-gone) 5th planet in the solar system. When the 5th planet blew up, it no doubt scattered asteroids in all directions before the gravitational alignment settled them down into the massive ring that we have there today. Good chance Mars' two "moons" are refugees from the asteroid field, and perhaps a few of them clipped the Earth and wiped it out. Seems plausible enough. If our carbon dating is accurate, then that puts all this around 65M years ago.

A lot of people don't know that the asteroid belt still has a planetoid in it, Ceres. Maybe that's the core of the 5th planet and all of the asteroids/debris are the rest of it that shattered off.

No idea what would be powerful enough to shatter a planet that was presumably at least as big as Mars.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's my belief that the dinosaurs were indeed killed by asteroids and that there's a good chance this is linked to the (now-gone) 5th planet in the solar system. When the 5th planet blew up, it no doubt scattered asteroids in all directions before the gravitational alignment settled them down into the massive ring that we have there today. Good chance Mars' two "moons" are refugees from the asteroid field, and perhaps a few of them clipped the Earth and wiped it out. Seems plausible enough. If our carbon dating is accurate, then that puts all this around 65M years ago.

A lot of people don't know that the asteroid belt still has a planetoid in it, Ceres. Maybe that's the core of the 5th planet and all of the asteroids/debris are the rest of it that shattered off.

No idea what would be powerful enough to shatter a planet that was presumably at least as big as Mars.
Tidal forces of Jupiter's gravity.

• 1Triggered

ShakyJake

<Donor>

If you're thinking the asteroid belt is the remnants of a planet then you're mistaken. All the material in the asteroid belt would form an object smaller than the Moon.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Tidal forces of Jupiter's gravity.
Too weak to break up a planet once it has formed. Those tidal forces aren't enough to break the moons of Jupiter, let alone a planet AU away (tidal effects work in the inverse cube rather than inverse square).

They're strong enough to disrupt planetary formation, which is probably why the biggest planetoid that formed was the size of Ceres. Ceres is not the remains of the fifth planet, it IS the fifth planet.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Too weak to break up a planet once it has formed. Those tidal forces aren't enough to break the moons of Jupiter, let alone a planet AU away (tidal effects work in the inverse cube rather than inverse square).

They're strong enough to disrupt planetary formation, which is probably why the biggest planetoid that formed was the size of Ceres. Ceres is not the remains of the fifth planet, it IS the fifth planet.

So rather than being a planet that shattered, you're suggesting that Jupiter's gravity prevented it from forming correctly?

An interesting idea.

Ceres is about one quarter the size of our moon, which is why I suggest it might have been the planetary core for something larger.

I think it's nearly a guarantee that Venus has life in its atmosphere. On the ground? Maybe around the polar regions if anything and even that I doubt. Hard to say though, it's the same size as Earth so that's a lot of terrain to cover, and we've only seen a couple square miles of it.

It's too bad nobody has gone back to Venus since the Russians took a couple swings at it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So rather than being a planet that shattered, you're suggesting that Jupiter's gravity prevented it from forming correctly?

An interesting idea.

Ceres is about one quarter the size of our moon, which is why I suggest it might have been the planetary core for something larger.

I think it's nearly a guarantee that Venus has life in its atmosphere. On the ground? Maybe around the polar regions if anything and even that I doubt. Hard to say though, it's the same size as Earth so that's a lot of terrain to cover, and we've only seen a couple square miles of it.

It's too bad nobody has gone back to Venus since the Russians took a couple swings at it.
Venus has no visible craters. that means the ground is liquefied. that also means its too fucking hot there for any life that we can imagine.