The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Let me get back to you on that. I'll need to look around.
You sure you're not black?
why you always lying noragami aragoto GIF

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No it doesn't.

Someone paid that guy to speak too, I'm sure.
Genuinely curious what you think the goal of this conspiracy would be, and why they would go with this method instead of any other method.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

The sad part is if it were available to me all I'd want to do is hit my cabin in the middle of nowhere every weekend. Maybe buy a second and transport between them depending on the hunting/ fishing season.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Genuinely curious what you think the goal of this conspiracy would be, and why they would go with this method instead of any other method.
What conspiracy? I meant the college probably paid him as a lecturer, per the article, not that the government paid him to spread whatever bullshit he's spitting.

EDIT: To clarify further, my premise since practically the beginning of this thread has been that all of these dipshits do this to make money and/or accumulate popularity. YOU GUYS are the ones that think everything is a conspiracy; I just think they are preying on gullible people like some of the people in this thread.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What conspiracy? I meant the college probably paid him as a lecturer, per the article, not that the government paid him to spread whatever bullshit he's spitting.

EDIT: To clarify further, my premise since practically the beginning of this thread has been that all of these dipshits do this to make money and/or accumulate popularity. YOU GUYS are the ones that think everything is a conspiracy; I just think they are preying on gullible people like some of the people in this thread.
So just a bunch of people running the same scam with no coordination between them?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
So just a bunch of people running the same scam with no coordination between them?
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. People see someone else doing it, and they think they could do that too, so why not get in on the money grab?

You say it like it is some galaxy brain level scheming here. I could literally do what these guys do without ever coordinating with them either. And so could you. If we chose to abandon our morals completely and just lie our asses off, and keep a straight face during the whole thing. It helps if you have some "gotcha" like previous military experience, or working at a lab or whatever, or you can literally just make shit up like having a piece of a hypothetical element, but you don't really even need any of that, just a willingness to say crazy shit with no proof and no guilt.

Seriously, do you think it requires more than that???

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. People see someone else doing it, and they think they could do that too, so why not get in on the money grab?

You say it like it is some galaxy brain level scheming here. I could literally do what these guys do without ever coordinating with them either. And so could you. If we chose to abandon our morals completely and just lie our asses off, and keep a straight face during the whole thing. It helps if you have some "gotcha" like previous military experience, or working at a lab or whatever, or you can literally just make shit up like having a piece of a hypothetical element, but you don't really even need any of that, just a willingness to say crazy shit with no proof and no guilt.

Seriously, do you think it requires more than that???
I meant my comments to be neutral as far as implications, the fact that you think I asked that mocking you is perhaps telling tho.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats everyone's thoughts on Bob Lazar?
I actually looked into his background and claims. Specifically how the reactor operates, because he doesn't really explain it in the Rogan interview. I do think he's lying but there's at least some physics to talk about with him.

His strongest claim which isn't mentioned much: The strong nuclear force and gravity are somehow interrelated in a way we don't yet understand (if he's telling the truth).

He claims that there is a stable isotope of element 115, we've all heard this. But what is the property that it has that makes it so special? Well, he claims that because the element is so heavy & densely packed (115 protons + ~170 neutrons in the nucleus), and still stable somehow, that the strong force slightly exceeds the nucleus of the atom - thus making it accessible for the very first time. The base of the reactor is a particle accelerator that fires a proton into element 115, this collision allows some of the strong nuclear force to escape since it is no longer contained in the nucleus. It's then amplified and directed to create a gravity well.

If true, it would change physics at a fundamental level. As far as we know, gravity and the strong force are not only not connected, but they are in some sense opposites. Gravity has a large range and is weak, while the strong force has a low range but is very strong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user