The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it's full of goodies.

shade smile GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I was an engineering student once stayed at a Holiday Inn last night so......

Some approximate numbers and assumptions:
- halfway around the world = 12,400 miles
- break the trip into two 30 min, 6,200 mile sections, acceleration and deceleration

1699424498069.png

Per the interwebs, a normal passenger plane take off is 4.9 ft/s^2, and an F16 looks to be about 24.4 ft/s^2

A 2019 non-performance Tesla Model 3 (0-60mph in 5.2s) 16.6 ft/s^2

So uncomfortable but doable?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I was an engineering student once stayed at a Holiday Inn last night so......

Some approximate numbers and assumptions:
- halfway around the world = 12,400 miles
- break the trip into two 30 min, 6,200 mile sections, acceleration and deceleration

View attachment 499449

Per the interwebs, a normal passenger plane take off is 4.9 ft/s^2, and an F16 looks to be about 24.4 ft/s^2

A 2019 non-performance Tesla Model 3 (0-60mph in 5.2s) 16.6 ft/s^2

So uncomfortable but doable?
You left out the best part though. It is all well and good to take off in an F16 and accelerate for a minute or two like that. But to maintain that acceleration for 30 minutes straight? At the end of those 30 minutes you are going over 24000 mph. That's over Mach 32. That is faster than even SpaceX reaches in orbit, let alone in the atmosphere where friction and heat would quickly become an issue. That's without worrying about stuff like you literally need a rocket to space with multiple stages and a metric fuckton of fuel AND the ability to flip over and do that same exact process for another 30 minutes, to accomplish what he handwaved away as "hypersonics." Just like he handwaves away everything that requires any kind of rational thought process.

ludicrous speed.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You left out the best part though. It is all well and good to take off in an F16 and accelerate for a minute or two like that. But to maintain that acceleration for 30 minutes straight? At the end of those 30 minutes you are going over 24000 mph. That's over Mach 32. That is faster than even SpaceX reaches in orbit, let alone in the atmosphere where friction and heat would quickly become an issue. That's without worrying about stuff like you literally need a rocket to space with multiple stages and a metric fuckton of fuel AND the ability to flip over and do that same exact process for another 30 minutes, to accomplish what he handwaved away as "hypersonics." Just like he handwaves away everything that requires any kind of rational thought process.

View attachment 499475

MusicForFish MusicForFish when you were abducted, how many Gs did you feel while flying?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This is still going on. Word around the cooler is they are sitting on a variety of mummified remains from different species and will bring them forward after these 2 have been vetted. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If our government actually does have fully working crafts then we do have the technology to create free energy. Create a gravity well next to a turbine and it will turn indefinitely.

So we either:
A. Don't have them
B. Don't want to disrupt the global economy
C. Want a military application first
D. Potential destructive power in the wrong hands

If we do have them then its a combination of B through D.
I don't see this. Still need to have a power source to generate a gravity well like that. At least, I personally wouldn't want anyone to try to make a miniature black hole on earth if we couldn't "pull the plug" on it if things got out of hand....

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Surprised I never thought of this before, since both things entered my awareness around the same time. But if those Central American mummies are real, I wonder if they're the same as the "ant people" of Hopi legend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Surprised I never thought of this before, since both things entered my awareness around the same time. But if those Central American mummies are real, I wonder if they're the same as the "ant people" of Hopi legend.

That's one of the rumored mummified species they would unveil.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user