The Paranormal, UFO's, and Mysteries of the Unknown

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure it's you that's dense my friend. What you are saying doesn't make any sense at all. Your example states that you can somehow travel to a star 10 light years away traveling at the .99999 the speed of light and some how arrive there in 16 days(lol?). In order for this to be possible, you would've had to been traveling at roughly 228x the speed of light. Even your own example makes no fucking sense whatsoever and you say I'm the dense one? Bro, I think you need to stop with that chemo shit because it clearly fucked up your already damaged brain.

In This Thread: Einstein was a big dumdum.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
In This Thread: Einstein was a big dumdum.

What does Einstein have to do with your own example not making any fucking sense? Your example is literally like saying that you can travel 50 miles while going 49.9999 MPH in 1.6 minutes. Like what the actual fuck are you talking about lol. It's actually sad how dumb you are and don't even realize it.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What does Einstein have to do with your own example not making any fucking sense? Your example is literally like saying that you can travel 50 miles while going 49.9999 MPH in 1.6 minutes. Like what the actual fuck are you talking about lol. It's actually sad how dumb you are and don't even realize it.

Einstein is the guy that invented the equations i used to get those numbers. educate yourself on some real science and read about Special Relativity today instead of reading about the best crystals to use as suppositories.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>

You need to read more about the fundamentals of relativity. It would take 10 years to get there at .9999c from the perspective of an outside observer. Time passes slower and slower the closer you get to C, but only from an outside perspective. The traveler would still experience time "normally."

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Einstein is the guy that invented the equations i used to get those numbers. educate yourself on some real science and read about Special Relativity today instead of reading about the best crystals to use as suppositories.

Lol what equations? Pretty sure wherever you think you got those from, someone just pulled them out of their ass. Regardless, even if said equations existed(which they don't), here's a quote from someone that was actually a genius and not a complete retard.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

Whatever equations you're using has literally no fucking bearing on reality. You don't even understand the equations since you think that you can somehow travel 10 light years in 16 days while traveling at the speed of light which to me tells me you don't even know what the fuck light speed even means since it would take 10 years to travel 10 light years at the speed of light you fucking moron. Oh and btw, you cannot travel at the speed of light or even remotely close to it if you contain any mass. Light can travel as fast as it does because it does not possess mass. So yet another hurdle for your stupid ass to overcome.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lol what equations? Pretty sure wherever you think you got those from, someone just pulled them out of their ass. Regardless, even if said equations existed(which they don't), here's a quote from someone that was actually a genius and not a complete retard.

"Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

Whatever equations you're using has literally no fucking bearing on reality. You don't even understand the equations since you think that you can somehow travel 10 light years in 16 days while traveling at the speed of light which to me tells me you don't even know what the fuck light speed even means since it would take 10 years to travel 10 light years at the speed of light you fucking moron. Oh and btw, you cannot travel at the speed of light or even remotely close to it if you contain any mass. Light can travel as fast as it does because it does not possess mass. So yet another hurdle for your stupid ass to overcome.

"time travel doesn't exist, here's a Tesla quote"

yeah lol

Nikola Tesla: Secret time Travel Experiments

Nikola Tesla's Time Travel Experience: 'I Could See The Past, Present And Future All At The Same Time'

apparently Tesla is also a big dummy compared to Lumi

Last edited:
  • 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
No, what you're hitting on is a basic idealization of reality.

Shyv is working from a relatively sophisticated assumption that there is a universal metric. It's not dumb. But it is apparently wrong. There is an awful lot of evidence that there is no universal metric. Reality is arbitrary. Self cohesive -- but seemingly arbitrary. When confronted with any of it the answer is most likely going to be "well, that doesn't actually exist." Skepticism is one thing, and a good thing, but refutations like that are where we veer into dumb space.

Take black holes. There is solid evidence that they exist. No, we have not ever directly imaged one. We might, eventually. It took an awful long time to image molocules -- chemistry and chemical theory worked perfectly well before we did. We have mapped less than 1% of the view available to us. What we have done even within that tiny fractoin of the possible is observed the orbits of distant stars and, in rare cases, been unable to account for their movements without the addition of some superdense supersmall object, which in every observational way fits the theory of how a black hole should exert influence gravitationally.

No one is saying black holes are common. What they are saying is that either they or something that behaves exactly as they should are both possible and actual. An honest man will admit that it is also possible we are wrong about some of the specifics -- but the broad theory is observationally verified.

You can throw that work away with "it doesn't exist. Fake news". That's actually fine. The explaination could be fake news. I will never defend scientific dogma for its own sake. But if you do that you then have taken on the responsibility to propose some alternative to account for observational data. "Huur Duur we dunno!" is both not useful and not true. We do know, you just don't like the answer.

That's fine. It's not insightful or meaningful, though.

These posts aren't dumb. They're just working from a more Newtonian assumption.

That said, there are certainly holes in the current generation of thought. Discord has a valuable place. For example -- The entire set of feynman diagrams (there are thousands) can be desribed with a single line of logic. That's amazing, and impressive, and does nothing to invalidate Feynman's work. Without those diagrams we would not have found the underlying relationships. And they are bizzarely geometric relationships. We have to assume that Feynman would have gotten there eventually -- but there's a lot of legwork to be put in first.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
No, what you're hitting on is a basic idealization of reality.

Shyv is working from a relatively sophisticated assumption that there is a universal metric. It's not dumb. But it is apparently wrong. There is an awful lot of evidence that there is no universal metric. Reality is arbitrary. Self cohesive -- but seemingly arbitrary. When confronted with any of it the answer is most likely going to be "well, that doesn't actually exist." Skepticism is one thing, and a good thing, but refutations like that are where we veer into dumb space.

Take black holes. There is solid evidence that they exist. No, we have not ever directly imaged one. We might, eventually. It took an awful long time to image molocules -- chemistry and chemical theory worked perfectly well before we did. We have mapped less than 1% of the view available to us. What we have done even within that tiny fractoin of the possible is observed the orbits of distant stars and, in rare cases, been unable to account for their movements without the addition of some superdense supersmall object, which in every observational way fits the theory of how a black hole should exert influence gravitationally.

No one is saying black holes are common. What they are saying is that either they or something that behaves exactly as they should are both possible and actual. An honest man will admit that it is also possible we are wrong about some of the specifics -- but the broad theory is observationally verified.

You can throw that work away with "it doesn't exist. Fake news". That's actually fine. The explaination could be fake news. I will never defend scientific dogma for its own sake. But if you do that you then have taken on the responsibility to propose some alternative to account for observational data. "Huur Duur we dunno!" is both not useful and not true. We do know, you just don't like the answer.

That's fine. It's not insightful or meaningful, though.

These posts aren't dumb. They're just working from a more Newtonian assumption.

That said, there are certainly holes in the current generation of thought. Discord has a valuable place. For example -- The entire set of feynman diagrams (there are thousands) can be desribed with a single line of logic. That's amazing, and impressive, and does nothing to invalidate Feynman's work. Without those diagrams we would not have found the underlying relationships. And they are bizzarely geometric relationships. We have to assume that Feynman would have gotten there eventually -- but there's a lot of legwork to be put in first.

shyv is a flat earther, fyi. so idk why i even bothered trying to argue about special relativity with him.

• 1Picard

iannis

Musty Nester
Even flat earth is fine. It was STARTED as an intellectual exercise in logic. But it's become an intellectual exercise in rhetoric.

One is good, the other is dumb.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Dumbass, Tesla didn't believe he could time travel. There's only a single quote of him taken ridiculously out of context. He didn't time travel nor did he think he could. He was nearly killed by a massive electric shock and merely said he could SEE the past, present and future. He didn't say he traveled to them, nor did he ever claim he could. There's also no proof that he actually was able to see the past or the present.

It's really fucking easy to prove that time travel is impossible. IT DOES NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST. YOU CANNOT TRAVEL THROUGH OR UPON SOMETHING WHICH DOESN'T PHYSICALLY EXIST. Time is a fucking intangible concept and that's it. The measurement of time is a completely arbitrary man made concept. A second is a man made specification. A minute is 60 seconds. Could've easily been 50 seconds or 100 seconds. Again, it's an arbitrary man made definition. It doesn't actually exist in the natural world.

• 1Picard
  • 1Potato
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Dumbass, Tesla didn't believe he could time travel. There's only a single quote of him taken ridiculously out of context. He didn't time travel nor did he think he could. He was nearly killed by a massive electric shock and merely said he could SEE the past, present and future. He didn't say he traveled to them, nor did he ever claim he could. There's also no proof that he actually was able to see the past or the present.

It's really fucking easy to prove that time travel is impossible. IT DOES NOT PHYSICALLY EXIST. YOU CANNOT TRAVEL THROUGH OR UPON SOMETHING WHICH DOESN'T PHYSICALLY EXIST. Time is a fucking intangible concept and that's it. The measurement of time is a completely arbitrary man made concept. A second is a man made specification. A minute is 60 seconds. Could've easily been 50 seconds or 100 seconds. Again, it's an arbitrary man made definition. It doesn't actually exist in the natural world.

the words used to describe time are man made, but time definitely exists. or clocks wouldn't work.

• 1Mic Drop

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well I see that a lot has happened since I left work yesterday. I typically don't browse the forums except from work. I'm not even going to bother addressing Lumi and all that insanity, so my apologies for falling back to a topic that was pages ago now.

You guys can tell me I'm gullible or whatever for believing everything the government tells me, but that's incorrect too. I don't believe everything they tell me; I just don't automatically believe something some random guy on the internet tells me either. I know that there is plenty that is kept secret, anyone who thinks otherwise has never heard a politician speak. But some of you act like I put my complete trust in The Man, and just laugh that I'm a sheeple with blinders on. Ok, if that's what makes you feel better. But you still haven't shown me one credible lick of evidence that anti-gravity technology exists in ANY form.

Sure, go ahead and say that of course we don't have any evidence, because they are keeping it secret! And then use stuff like the SR-71 or Stealth technology to justify that position? I mean, come on, not only were both of those projects entirely feasible already given current technology, but they were already speculated upon and theorized well before we actually saw the real thing. And despite what you want to believe, they weren't being worked on for 80+ years in complete secrecy. Fucking stealth tech was rumored for a long, long time before it was actually released. But wait Void, so has anti-gravity tech been rumored for a long time! The difference is, people could already theorize how stealth tech might actually be achieved. There is fucking ZERO credible speculation as to how anti-gravity would work and be implemented into flight technology...yet we're supposed to believe that it already exists, is in fact in use and has been in use for decades, and has been kept almost completely secret the entire time. And I'm not talking about "whistleblowers" supposedly exposing stuff, because even high level military and scientists and politicians are just people too. Some people will say or do anything to get a few minutes of fame. Others will say or do anything to reinforce their own beliefs. And others will say or do anything because there is legitimately something wrong in their head. I'm not saying everyone that "whistleblows" is crazy or lying, of course not. But until some actual evidence backs it up, how can you know? Some of you choose to believe what they say based entirely upon their rank or credentials, or how believable they sound on TV, or whatever other metric you choose. I choose not to believe them until I see something that backs up their statements. And that doesn't mean more people saying the same things either. If I only went by how many people told similar stories, I'd be forced to believe that Bigfoot exists, that aliens routinely turn livestock inside out for kicks, and anally probe random trailer park residents for fun. I would also have to believe that Kavanaugh drugged girls and handed them out like candy to be gang-raped. Enough people said it happened, do you guys believe that too?

So that's why I said prove me wrong. You can tell me that I can't say with such certainty that something doesn't exist, and you can smugly put it in terms that make you chortle because I'm such a stooge for believing the government, but the fact remains that the only reason some of you believe is because you want it to be true. There is no solid evidence. I would absolutely love for it to exist. And I forget who said it in reply to me several pages back, but they said that the alternative is that our leaders are stupid greedy fucks (my words) that don't care one bit about space or improving the lives of everyday people. Ding ding ding! What's more likely to be true? That our leaders are stupid greedy fucks that only care about their next reelection, or that they've somehow managed to hide one of the most astounding technologies ever, and any corollary technologies that might allow someone else to draw similar conclusions, for over a century? Believe me when I say that, working anti-gravity would literally change the world overnight. I want it more than you can know. I want it to be true. But it isn't. Change my mind.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
the words used to describe time are man made, but time definitely exists. or clocks wouldn't work.

Lol? A clock is just a bunch of gears that rotate a dial at a pre-determined rate of speed so wtf are you talking about? My clock says it's 11:29 am. Maybe someone else's says its 11:25. Who's right? Again, arbitrary man made bullshit. Technically, neither is right. We only agree that one time is the correct time based upon a majority agreement. We only agree that a second or a minute or an hour are as long as they are based upon an agreed predetermined man made definition.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Someone-that-is-clearly-not-Lumi, do you believe that God exists?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Lol? A clock is just a bunch of gears that rotate a dial at a pre-determined rate of speed so wtf are you talking about? My clock says it's 11:29 am. Maybe someone else's says its 11:25. Who's right? Again, arbitrary man made bullshit. Technically, neither is right. We only agree that one time is the correct time based upon a majority agreement. We only agree that a second or a minute or an hour are as long as they are based upon an agreed predetermined man made definition.

a rate of speed is determined by the formula R = D/T

what's the T in there stand for?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't say I believe. I know for a fact God exists. Why?
God does not physically exist in any tangible way that you can prove, not even to the level that we can "prove" light and time behaves the way we say it does, so how can you state so certainly that God exists, but time does not?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
a rate of speed is determined by the formula R = D/T

what's the T in there stand for?

Not really sure what your point is. My point however is that the definition and measurement of time is completely man made. You can only even visualize time when you have a man made device to do so.