The Pokemon Thread

Therage

Vyemm Raider
I'm still trying to figure out what my ultimate team would be. But shit. I really don't have the patience to breed eggs over and over...I mean I did for my scizor and had him maxxed ev trained at level 1. But I'm unsure about natures and shit, anyone got any good websites for what gets boosted/lost etc. What types what pokemon need, etc?

Tsuyoi_sl

shitlord
US game: 4382-2025-3180
Friend safari unknown, but elite 4 finished.

JP game: 0189-9018-5992
Friend safari is flying. Doduo, Woobat, ?

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
The sheet is up to date again, both of your games are Flying types Tsuyoi, must be solely based on your friend code.

Does anyone have a Pok?mon with Pokerus?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Does Pokerus work on Super Training? Seems fairly easy to EV train using that instead.

I'm getting owned online with Gardevoir, Mega Gengar and Noivern - 50% win rate at best. Need my damned Infernape back from Black.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
Think Pok?rus affects normal xp gain only. Aren't Hordes superior to Super Training for EVs though?

Cheers Koushirou!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Lemme know if that noibat works for you Yussef! I don't really actually know how pokerus works, and I have another with it if you needed something else.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
All you do to spread it, is put that pokemon in your party then go fight for a bit. Eventually it spreads to all the pokemon. Should always infect a couple extra pokemon and leave them in the box. Totally worth it for training, etc.

Yussef

Molten Core Raider
The Noibat was still contagious, thanks Koushirou.

If anyone needs a Pok?mon infected with Pok?rus, give me a shout!

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I need the folks to accept my friend requests to use them in friend safari lol. I got eevees. Get em while they're hot!

Buffylol

N00b
I am really late to this thread, been playing lately like a madman. 0104 - 0433 - 0427 I have a dragon safari with Fraxure, Noibat, and Druddigon! I will get to adding people off the list.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, just picked this up. Haven't played a Pokemon game since the original, any tips that I should know?

3DS FC: 4055-4268-7324

ahh run

Lord Nagafen Raider
Catch a zigzagoon, it evolves to linoone who can learn rock smash, cut, surf, and strength try and get one with pickup. Once you get exp share the pokemon in your party will level at 50% of those who you battle with. Register your game herePokémon Global Linksync your game and send your poke miles there. You can can use them to buy items at half the price of in game. Try and keep a pokemon that can learn false swipe with you, it helps to capture pokemon since it leaves them with 1 hp in stead of knocking them out. You can soft rest by holding the left and right shoulder button and pressing start. This will help if you dont like the nature of pokemon given to you as part of the story assuming you saved beforehand. You can ev train from the start with super training. If you have a pokemon you are sure you want to use for the whole game you can max its affection in pokemon amie this increases exp gain, crit rate, and damage avoidance. It takes about 20-30 mins to max affection.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Just picked this up today so here is my friend code. I got Y and it included a promo Scizor code besides the little fire bird. Did anyone get a promo code in their X versions?

Friend Code:
4656-7248-2316

Also please add my brother "TR3D"
3969-5275-5736

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
To be honest once you kinda settle in with some decent pokemon (Only like 2 of mine are IV breed) alot of battling boils down to predicting what people are going to do.

So if you are really good at rock, paper, scissors then you can get away with not having perfect max IVs (The tedious million egg hatching thing).

But with how easy super training and getting the right nature with everstones there really no excuse to not have those squared away.

Also you can speed up hatching eggs by quite a bit by having a pokemon with the warm body ability in the group with eggs and the hatching O-power.

Just youtube some of this shit there are guides aplenty.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
So, just picked this up. Haven't played a Pokemon game since the original, any tips that I should know?

3DS FC: 4055-4268-7324
I was in the same boat and this generation they made it a ton easier to get into the competitive battling scene (loads of fun).

Youtube some WiFi battles they will give you an idea of how the shit works.

Turn off battle animations and put fast text to skip the storyline as quick as possible because you know it's just shitty bottom tier anime cliches and there is alot of items and shit you need for breeding and battling that you can't get until you beat the storyline.