The Predator (2018)

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Gotta agree that the tone seems way off. I caught a thirty second TV spot and it was even worse, like a bunch of redbull bros going for a weekend hunting deer and doing gnarly tricks or something. Terrible vibe.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
it's like they wanted to do another AvP, but could only afford to licence P

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Having only seen that trailer, I think the 2 AvP movies might actually be better. We'll see.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Weird reaction to me posting that. Looks exactly like a Shane Black movie, which it is and I am a fan of his. Dunno
Me too. Im excited for it. Predator had some hilarious parts. As long as this doesn't get campy I dont mind at all.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I dont get the hate. This isnt a remake and instead of a bunch of hard ass ex military, its misfits. I didnt know there was a set dark tone to predator characters

khorum

Murder Apologist
It's more disappointment than hate. And disappointment because fans want the franchise to succeed instead of fail.

And this...this will fail.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having only seen that trailer, I think the 2 AvP movies might actually be better. We'll see.

Remember that one scene in AVP2 where the chest burster pops out of the boy? Holy shit a kid being killed, you don't see that every day, I hope atleast in this movie that little boy gets vaporized by the Predator's shoulder canon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Wasnt the whole premise of the original about how one predator made a bitch out of a whole squad of hard ass mercs.
The movie was about a Predator, the humans were more or less supporting actors. The only reason why one of the soldiers survives is because he got lucky in finding one flaw and being good enough to know to exploit it.
I see multiple predators and and their dogs in this new trailer. The story should be about how they wipe out everyone with any speaking lines and then leave one guy/gal to tell a story.
The movie should be about the predators and not about bad ass mercs, if i wanted to see that i would watch the expendables.

• 5Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wasnt the whole premise of the original about how one predator made a bitch out of a whole squad of hard ass mercs.
The movie was about a Predator, the humans were more or less supporting actors. The only reason why one of the soldiers survives is because he got lucky in finding one flaw and being good enough to know to exploit it.
I see multiple predators and and their dogs in this new trailer. The story should be about how they wipe out everyone with any speaking lines and then leave one guy/gal to tell a story.
The movie should be about the predators and not about bad ass mercs, if i wanted to see that i would watch the expendables.

They should kill everyone within 10 minutes with the rest of the movie being silent as you watch Predator and Pred Dog hang out like Tim and Lassie.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
They should kill everyone within 10 minutes with the rest of the movie being silent as you watch Predator and Pred Dog hang out like Tim and Lassie.
Maybe i would add some of those clicking sounds instead of going full on Charlie Chaplin silent, and the predator could be fishing and/or hunting ducks while the dog fetches them... Fade.. The end.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe i would add some of those clicking sounds instead of going full on Charlie Chaplin silent, and the predator could be fishing and/or hunting ducks while the dog fetches them... Fade.. The end.

I love it.
then...
End Credits Marvel style

He pats Pred Dog on the belly and you hear a recording from the helmet sitting next to his knee crackle and a distorted human voice say "Good boy."

Clicky Click click

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The cast in the original were fucking idiots if you think their tactics were the smartest i dont know what two say. Also i have confidence in shane black since he was in the original and rarely fails as a writer/ director

Last edited:
  • 3Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
All this talk of Shane Black has me queuing up The Nice Guys for a rewatch. Man was that ever a great movie.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The cast in the original were fucking idiots if you think their tactics were the smartest i dont know what two say. Also i have confidence in shane black since he was in the original and rarely fails as a writer/ director

Yeah just hoping these trailers are pure shit because Shane Black is awesome.

Also you changing your avatar from Sir Didymus almost assuredly means this move will tank.

RIP
4AFE166B-0595-4BC4-A55C-B86BA466FCCB.jpeg

• 1Solidarity

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Twentieth Century Fox pulls scene from 'The Predator' after director Shane Black casts his friend, a registered sex offender
But last month, Munn learned that Striegel is a registered sex offender who pleaded guilty in 2010 after facing allegations that he attempted to lure a 14-year-old female into a sexual relationship via the internet. When Munn shared the information with Fox on Aug. 15, studio executives quickly decided to excise him from the movie.

“Our studio was not aware of Mr. Striegel’s background when he was hired,” a Fox spokesperson said in a statement to The Times. “We were not aware of his background during the casting process due to legal limitations that impede studios from running background checks on actors.”

I have questions...

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's legal limitations to running a background check on actors? Huh, whoda thought

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Funny, it's perfectly legal to run them on literally every other person in America.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Probably some screen actors guild shit. Must be a minor part if they were able to cut him out so quick.