The Predator (2018)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So not even munns hotness saved this then?

no, honestly i think it makes it worse. there's a scene where she disrobes in the middle of a bloodbath and it's like, the movie is trying to cater to the male audience. except it's doesn't make any sense and there isn't any nudity so it's just like... why is she doing that?

on top of that, she just... sort of knows how to do everything. i didn't get an SJW vibe from it or anything, but it's like, i studied for years at this prestigious school to get my doctorate in biology so i also know how to field strip an M4 in 16 seconds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It has some good elements that just get shit all over. They tried to make this a "fun" action movie with regular comedic relief (which was one of the well done parts), which dissolves the tension and "horror" elements that made the original work so well. It feels like what they did to the Star Wars prequels, removed all the patina and gritty realism, and presented something way to shiny and incoherent to capture a lot of what made things like Predator and Aliens great movies. And while I know the evolution and different subspecies of Predator are all canon, the big bad was just dumb, and the Predator Killer at the end.... They are trying to turn this into a superhero Michael Bay franchise. Darker, less forgiving, amp up the suspense and danger, leave in the quirk squad, and it'd be a decent film. As is, funny and fun in parts, but everything that should be serious is a joke, and pretty much every single "badass" scene was cringe worthy almost instantly.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was on HBO the other night so I finally decided to watch it. Oh dear lord. The story didn't make any sense whatsoever, a navy seal (who is somehow also at odds with the US military?) finds alien technology, casually uses it in a bar and then decides to take the risk of swallowing it? The cinematography was awful, everything was super clean and shiny. The scene where the Predator escapes the lab looked like a movie set that had just been pressure washed. I fell asleep after that, how did this trash even get greenlit?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I just hate the Hollywood theme of pushing Autistic kids as super intelligent human beings. Next stage of human evolution, yeah ok.

Why do they always look like clones of Haley Osmond BTW?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Finally got around to watching this, I actually enjoyed it, obviously not in the same league as the Arnie versions, but for an action flick it was ok, Munn is fucking ridiculously hot so maybe that clouded my judgement, oh well.

• 1Barf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Before any more damage is done they need to hire me to do the real Aliens vs Predator movie and get all of this back on fucking track. It should have been done correctly after Predator 2.

I am HARD PRESSED to believe they aren't intentionally ruining this.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Super easy layup of a movie would be marines return to fight them on another world that aliens are already in. Was this about predator?

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck it just give us a StarCraft or Halo movie instead. Or 40k or any of the other three way power struggle outer space sci-fi franchises.

Goatface

A New Predator Movie Is in the Works​

Apparently the Predator franchise doesn’t bleed because you just can’t kill it. Despite a disappointing fourth entry in 2018, 20th Century Studios is looking to bring the sci-fi action franchise back to life with a mysterious fifth installment.
Deadline reports that Dan Trachtenberg is in talks to helm a fifth Predator with a script by Patrick Aison. Trachtenberg is best known for helming 10 Cloverfield Lane, but also directed the pilot of Amazon’s The Boys and the VR episode of Black Mirror, “Playtest.” Aison is a writer-producer with credits on Wayward Pines, Jack Ryan, and Treadstone.

There are no details on what approach this entry is taking with the franchise but Deadline says it’s unlikely to continue the story of the 2018 film, which ended with humanity acquiring the same technology as the Predators

=
one rumor i saw, it will be set in the past, vs native Americans

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Another "movie"?
tenor.gif

• 2Worf

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
Solid creative team but Predators vs Indians? How can that even be compelling.

I mean, there already was a Cowboys & Aliens, so you gotta make it as a stepping stone to the inevitable mashup...Cowboys and Indians vs Aliens vs Predator, in Space!

• 1Like

Goatface

according to the site discussingfilm, Dan Trachtenberg has been working on a movie called Skulls for over a year, which was either a working title or is being converted into this movie.

the synopsis of skulls from last year
set during the American Civil War, a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

lolz, if true

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
according to the site discussingfilm, Dan Trachtenberg has been working on a movie called Skulls for over a year, which was either a working title or is being converted into this movie.

set during the American Civil War, a Comanche woman who goes against gender norms and traditions to become a warrior.

lolz, if true

So America Mulan with Predators? Hollywood has no new ideas.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

lolz, if true

I love it. I hope they spend 200 million on this idea so they go fucking broke.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It's all a mixup, the next movie is a Harvey Weinstein biopic.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe this will be a prequel and it shows how Billy's great great grandma was infused with Predator powers and was able to pass it down to Billy.

• 2Mother of God