The Predator (2018)

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm probably the only person on the planet who liked Predators( and Predator ) but didn't like Predators 2, although it had some good moments. After that AVP one though I am hesitant when it comes to towns and kids.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I didnt mind Predators that much, after all its been 20 years at that point since the last real Predator movie and not that AVP schlock but it bothered me that I was basically watching a remake of the original but with none of the suspense. Some of the parts were straight up just copied from the original, i.e. the minigun, or the chase from the Predator that has Brody falling off the waterfall just like Arnold did. Inclusion of Eric Forman was also a terrible decision.

Sterling

El Presidente
Predators was fine, but it wasn't badass the way the original was. Predator 2 wasn't all bad, but it certainly doesn't stand up to the original either. We will pretend the AVP abominations don't exist.

• 1Solidarity

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Predators 2 was really trying to be the first movie but in a city. Too much goofy shit, predator saying "shit happens" or finishing "one ugly...motherfucker"

AVPs are straight abominations.
Predators was some fan fiction schlock.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Predator 2 had its campy 80s/early 90s charm though. I love the Los Angeles is a war zone stuff. How can you not love Danny Glover and Bill Paxton.

The scene they filmed in the alley got delayed because they found a real body there. There is a bunch of good stories on Predator and Predator 2 on the Cult of Muscle Podcast.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why after all these years and massive budgets can Hollywood not give actors basic gun training? I’m not even a gun guy really but I know that you do not hold your finger on the trigger when your rifle is three inches from autist kids head. Even if you think the safety is on or the gun is unloaded. I know those are probably fake guns but act like you know how to handle it.

A one hour safety course probably covers this.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

OneofOne

I must be the only person who liked the AVP movies, and I'm ok with that. They were not Predator level quality, but they are something I can easily pop on in the background while playing computer games, and be happy. They have major issues, but the franchise for both died long ago so /shrug

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
Predator 2 had its campy 80s/early 90s charm though. I love the Los Angeles is a war zone stuff. How can you not love Danny Glover and Bill Paxton.

The scene they filmed in the alley got delayed because they found a real body there. There is a bunch of good stories on Predator and Predator 2 on the Cult of Muscle Podcast.
Ya the DG and BP scenes were good. As I said it had some great stuff. It had a bunch of shit stuff too. Gary Busey was miscast imo in it. He was trying to play the good guy while being a bad guy.
The old lady saying I don't think he gives a shit about the predator remains one of my top 10 scenes in a movie for laughing out loud. Overall I still feel it was a disappointment. I don't go out of my way to watch it when its on.
Speaking of that, the past year has been solid Predator, Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, AVP 2 on some of the premium channels, like each day you can find one. I've never seen Predators on TV service though. Thankfully I have the blu-ray. I wonder why that is.
Andrien Brody nailed it I think which shocked me as that is not normally his thing.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
up until Morpheaus blue pilled himself inside to horribad it up

Have you seen The Colony? He's in The Colony. Attempts to stop global warming caused global cooling and an ice age, marauding cannibals living in the wastes, it also has Hicks in it.

It's not great.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Have you seen The Divide? It's about people locked in a bomb shelter under a sky scraper after a nuclear attack. It has Hicks in it.

It's not great.

There's definitely this thing where an actor does one or two awesome sci fi films and then a whole bunch of crap.

Sterling

El Presidente
People shit talking about Michael Biehn now? Hicks, Kyle Reese, Johny Ringo, Lt Coffee, etc. He's done a bunch of good shit.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

j00t

michael biehn circa the 90's was awesome. now? not so much.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
People shit talking about Michael Biehn now? Hicks, Kyle Reese, Johny Ringo, Lt Coffee, etc. He's done a bunch of good shit.
Hes played 3 of my favorite characters. Nothing but respect.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Why after all these years and massive budgets can Hollywood not give actors basic gun training? I’m not even a gun guy really but I know that you do not hold your finger on the trigger when your rifle is three inches from autist kids head. Even if you think the safety is on or the gun is unloaded. I know those are probably fake guns but act like you know how to handle it.

A one hour safety course probably covers this.

Agreed. Drives me crazy when someone who's supposed to be a cop is running around, chasing people, etc. with their finger on the trigger the entire time

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Have you seen The Divide? It's about people locked in a bomb shelter under a sky scraper after a nuclear attack. It has Hicks in it.

It's not great.

There's definitely this thing where an actor does one or two awesome sci fi films and then a whole bunch of crap.
lulz

omg the divide would cost me 2bucks to see, while the colony is free on prime.

• 1Picard