The Predator (2018)

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
People need to stop with the whole 'autism gives you superpowers' shit. 10% of them have a savant level proficiency and it's usually a very narrow skill set, like memorizing telephone numbers. Guess Hollywood needed instances of selling 'autism is special' to shitty nerds who confuse their lack of social skills with being on the spectrum. Given the casting of Olivia Munn, too, I can't help but feel it's a concerted effort to cater to that subset of dudes. Weird tact to take if you're looking for box office success.

May give this a try. The last Predator redo was distinctly not-memorable, besides 'lol Life is Beautiful guy in an action movie.' This being a prequel to that is not great, But that's a decent list of movies under the director's belt.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Why the hell is Olivia Munn getting more movie roles? She is terrible and not even that pretty to look at.

she had to make people believe Aaron Rodgers was straight don't you dare criticize her acting

• 6Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Uhh NOPE:

The Predator (film) - Wikipedia

• Jacob Tremblay as Quinn's troubled son, who has a form of autism and is bullied in school but becomes a key player in the fight against the Predators due to his preternatural ability to learn languages.
Fuck everything about this. Working title should be: How To Kill A Franchise (guest director Rian Johnson)

Yeah im out. Its like these idiots dont know what made the original so popular.

Unapologetic machismo.

• 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
The plus side of this is it's going to completely fucking tank guaranteed. Should be called - Predator: Ghostbusters Protocol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

BeardedWonder

Lord Nagafen Raider
I got hopes for Shane Black and go into this with an open mind. Predator has similar qualities to Jaws. The "you don't see the monster" till the end and only see the carnage leading up, and then the final show down. I'm going to stay away form trailers and hit up the matinee, as a just in case it sucks.

pred.jpg

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There's a really interesting article about last action hero and how terrible it was, I think because of the producers. Wasn't Shane blacks fault at all

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There's a really interesting article about last action hero and how terrible it was, I think because of the producers. Wasn't Shane blacks fault at all

but last action hero wasn't terrible

• 5Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Surprise twist at the end.

Main hero learns about the evils of Patriarchy and toxic masculinity from The Predator when his son gets a hold of and translates Predators secret diary

Also predators have 57 genders

• 11Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If shane black is directing im in. Kiss kiss bang bang and The Nice Guys were fantastic. Not sure wtf happend with iron man 3, im assuming him and marvel had different visions
The Nice Guys is great and really flew under the radar. Seems like no one has seen it.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Surprise twist at the end.

Main hero learns about the evils of Patriarchy and toxic masculinity from The Predator when his son gets a hold of and translates Predators secret diary

Also predators have 57 genders

New York only recognizing 39 of them is what has the predator here in the first place.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This will be PG-13 and be worse than AVP2.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Man, that cast picture makes me want to nope out, but Shane Black keeps me just barely interested.

• 1Like

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
I loved Last Action Hero but I was like 10 when I saw it. Is it actually terrible?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Its really hard to imagine that such a great idea and franchise has been fucked up consistently since the original movie

Predator 2
AVP
AVP 2
Predators

Just nothing but fucking disasters.

• 4Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
People need to stop with the whole 'autism gives you superpowers' shit. 10% of them have a savant level proficiency and it's usually a very narrow skill set, like memorizing telephone numbers. Guess Hollywood needed instances of selling 'autism is special' to shitty nerds who confuse their lack of social skills with being on the spectrum. Given the casting of Olivia Munn, too, I can't help but feel it's a concerted effort to cater to that subset of dudes. Weird tact to take if you're looking for box office success.

May give this a try. The last Predator redo was distinctly not-memorable, besides 'lol Life is Beautiful guy in an action movie.' This being a prequel to that is not great, But that's a decent list of movies under the director's belt.

I want them to cast an average autist for once. Heroes running around, while the autist stops every 5 seconds to touch something or just goes into autist rage and punches the love interest in the face, because he is overwhlemed by all the chaos.

And in the end he saves everybody, because he memorised the arrival/departure of all the subways in New York City.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users