The Predator (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Haha, hadn't read this thread until now. Is that Carmen Sandiego riding atop Beetlejuice?

No, it ISNT. If you have PAYED attention to movies in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, '10's like I HAVE, you would KNOW that isn't HER.

IF you put words in CAP LETTERS they mean MORE!!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Haha, hadn't read this thread until now. Is that Carmen Sandiego riding atop Beetlejuice?
that's wynoa ryders sombero
1127567.jpg

Oldbased

> Than U
Looks decent enough to watch, like most movies these days.
By that I mean on TV while I am playing in my sandbox in some game and trolling the internet while my pixels sleep during the night.
There isn't really many great or original movies anymore. Just 5s that appeal to everyone in some way or fashion.
Hollywood probably calls it playing it safe. I call it brain filler.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Welp.

Don't need to see this now.

You got your witty, semi-topical banter with a couple of "badass motherfuckers" (YOU GUYS NOTICE ITS LIKE THE FIRST MOVIE IN THE PLANE BUT THIS IS A BUS HAHAHAHA DID YOU SEE IT NERDS DID YOU SEE IT?!?!?)
You got your "WHAT ARE WE DEALING WITH HERE?!?!" shock moments.
You got Predator screaming a few times and doing his open arm thing.
You got your "oh this the REAL threat so lets band together with Predator and work together because while they might have Conquered Space, us humans are also pretty badass" moments.

This is a "I had a really fucked up night last night and just want to lay on my couch, turn on the TV and be in and out of sleep while I sort of pay attention" movie.

Also, STOP SHOWING THE FUCKING MONSTER IN THE GODDAMN TRAILER!

Last edited:
  • 6Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
I'm getting suicide squad vibes from that trailer.
There was no need to show the super predator, what a waste.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Still looks like shit. Well the whole idea making this movie is shit.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
I haven't watched any of the trailers, figure they give away the entire movie guess it does.

i'm still going to watch this movie in theaters because fuck you its predator and i have AMC A-List now but man i am going in expecting massive, massive, massive disappointment

everyone was so optimistic when they heard Shane Black, the guy who was IN predator and who did The Nice Guys was gonna do Predator. Those were good times.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Man I like Thomas Jane. I feel bad for him that he is apart of this trainwreck.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Come to the theater lathered in mud, what happens after will be more memorable than the movie.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Who ever decided to show the full frontal of the big predator "end boss type" in the trailer needs to get fired and never work in the movie industry EVER again.
They should have stopped with the hand busting through and pulling the predator out and then left it to be discovered in the movie.
Also i hate it when they put obvious attempts to manipulate emotions into movies, kid is absolutely not needed in the movie unless you cant make me care for the characters any other way.
I will probably torrent this thing.

• 5Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Agreed, trailer looked fucking great til they showed what pulled the Predator through the wall. Fucking A, I hope it's better.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
... that does not seem like a proper firing stance

cfNatCO.jpg

Don't have any problem with the stance since she's moving laterally and from that distance the stance isn't very important.

I do wonder why she's moving to her right which makes the human Male part of the backdrop and think this is probably the only time I've seen someone indexing a gun who really shouldn't be.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
This looks like AvP 2 and thats very very bad. Ill pass on this dumpster fire.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I just don’t get it. How does Shane Black, who has done so much great shit, just completely whiff like this?