The Prepper Thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Could always watch the Emmymadeinjapan channel and her videos titled "hard times". She tries civil war/depression era recipes that use shit like dandelions or other dirt poor ingredients.

We're pretty far in if we're eating dandelions but you can 100% eat dandelions including the roots. You can even buy roasted dandelion root as a kind of tea/coffee thing but the one time I did I was not impressed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
NPR did an interview with a guy who ran cleaner company for corpse removal / crime scenes / etc. Pretty captivating because 99 % of people gloss over the idea of the reality that at the end of the day, we're just maggot food.

One job he did stuck with him because he entered this apartment and the sound of maggots crawling was loud enough he knew he was dealing with a full decomp. Old lady died alone, fused with the couch.
I've picked up old bodies, guessing AngryGerbil AngryGerbil has done plenty as well.

It doesn't take long for a human to stop looking like a human. 10 hours face-down on a floor and it already feels like you're dealing with a shitty hollywood monster mask. I remember seeing the texture of the floor in one patient's face. Luckily I didn't have to stick around in the death smell often. If it's gone that far, we just verify death and let the coroner handle the rest.

I've been on calls with people that are still alive that are fused to furniture and clothes, though.

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bought some canned goods and toilet paper for the Coronavirus Zombie Apocalypse.

giphy.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Do you really need a specific case, or do you just need confirmation that if you sit/lie on a bed sore long enough, you'll stick to the chair/bed?
I just want an interesting/gross story from someone that saw that shit first hand.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Dropped my license to carry application today @the police station.

Figure after getting the permit.

12 gauge benelli semi.
Splurge on a bolt action in 6.5 Creedmoor- the Fix by Q(3300). Or If going less expensive something in the 1300 range.
Will not be getting an ar15 type semi. (Plus the good ones are banned in my state)( maybe a honey badger by Q)
For handguns...not entirely sure but something that is fully ambi in probably 9mm..
And get good scopes for the rifles.

Prep wise all set for a month confinement with power. Without power I think I could finagle a propane adapter for the propane portable heater I have a 250 gallon propane tank...and my 2 nearest neighbors do as well.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
if you are married and or have teenage girls....

don't forget to stock "female products" ie. sanitary napkins/tampons

and a large supply of Toilet paper. Also condoms unless you WANT to bring a kid into the world during the apocalypse.

one of the funniest scenes in a "world war z" style book i read was the family who are evacing on a sail boat they are about to steal(when it is all starting) is making a detour to a store to buy cases and cases worth of both products.... then as they are loading up and getting attacked by a zombie, the women INSISTING THAT THOSE BOXES BE on the fucking boat...

the book series also had the modified industrial wood chipper container (open ended for the debris/body parts) zombie eliminator setup- zombies are attracted to sound
speakers on top inside of container, doors open to spinning grinder chipper wheels, the zombies try to get to the sound are shredded to mulch.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
loaded up with 10 bags of Doritos and cases of dew from Costco

ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy we good for a week.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Funny thing is when I was buying the rice, the cans, and the beans and shit, my kid, which was with me said someone took a picture of my cart. Probably laughing their asses off. Those are the normies that die off first in zombie shows.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Funny thing is when I was buying the rice, the cans, and the beans and shit, my kid, which was with me said someone took a picture of my cart. Probably laughing their asses off. Those are the normies that die off first in zombie shows.

Did you pay with a credit card? You should buy that shit with cash. When the dead walk the government is going to use transaction data to determine which civilian property to raid for supplies.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've been flying drones all over the fucking place for 4 days to document the flooding along the Walla Walla River. I was just up on Mill Creek near the watershed today and ran into two sheriffs that are out looking for looters that they're getting reports about. They told me to keep the drones away from a certain cluster of houses too, because there are "a bunch of hillbillies out there that were refusing to evacuate and were shooting at anyone that got close to their property. They threatened to shoot at the Army National Guard guys on Saturday, too". Tons of roads & bridges knocked out & people still stranded in a few different places. All over some flooding.

Yea, it wouldn't take much to launch us back into the early 1900s again.

DJI_0167.JPG

DJI_0684.JPG

DJI_0704.JPG

Set3 (146).JPG

DJI_0144.JPG

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users