The Prepper Thread

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ammo can be made cheaply, especially common shit like 9mm, 45. They even sell very accurate modern molds for these calibers where you can produce 100s per hour with a basic $200 crucible and a bucket of water. That only leaves the shells, which of course you would have to stock up on. But the going rate right now is about $25 per 1000 for those calibers so stock up.

Gun powder can also be made, its a bit harder to do, but you can definitely do it they have youtube vods on how to do it. Of course it will not be the quality of modern smokeless shit, but it will be good enough to kill.

The rifle shit is harder because its supersonic and non coated or non FMJ shit will just shatter or deform in the barrel or usually shortly thereafter. So for shit like .223 and other rifle calibers I suggest to just stock up, even on the bullets themselves, and you can then load them when your initial stockpile of ammo runs out.

But you have calibers like 300 BLK which you can mold because they are subsonic, or at least they can be. And the shells can be made from standard .223 shells with a proper loading die set. ($50) This is why 300 BLK would be such a good caliber for zombie attack. You can make your own ammo easy.

Where can you get the lead you ask? Well people have been doing this shit for eons so even ebay sells bullion of lead for just this purpose, or you can go to any range and savage your own. You can then melt and purify the lead in a cast iron skillet or pot over fire. Even shit like the keels on sail boats have tons of this shit, autos have lead as wheel counterweights... its around you just have to know where its at.

Oh primers, yeah those primers... Well I have not really researched this too much to see if they can be made, but just stock up on them, there is only a few kinds, small pistol, large pistol, small rifler and large rifle. They usually come in a box of 1K and go for about $35ish?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pops

small.jpg

I'm prepped.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Ammo can be made cheaply, especially common shit like 9mm, 45. They even sell very accurate modern molds for these calibers where you can produce 100s per hour with a basic $200 crucible and a bucket of water. That only leaves the shells, which of course you would have to stock up on. But the going rate right now is about $25 per 1000 for those calibers so stock up.

Gun powder can also be made, its a bit harder to do, but you can definitely do it they have youtube vods on how to do it. Of course it will not be the quality of modern smokeless shit, but it will be good enough to kill.

The rifle shit is harder because its supersonic and non coated or non FMJ shit will just shatter or deform in the barrel or usually shortly thereafter. So for shit like .223 and other rifle calibers I suggest to just stock up, even on the bullets themselves, and you can then load them when your initial stockpile of ammo runs out.

But you have calibers like 300 BLK which you can mold because they are subsonic, or at least they can be. And the shells can be made from standard .223 shells with a proper loading die set. ($50) This is why 300 BLK would be such a good caliber for zombie attack. You can make your own ammo easy.

Where can you get the lead you ask? Well people have been doing this shit for eons so even ebay sells bullion of lead for just this purpose, or you can go to any range and savage your own. You can then melt and purify the lead in a cast iron skillet or pot over fire. Even shit like the keels on sail boats have tons of this shit, autos have lead as wheel counterweights... its around you just have to know where its at.

Oh primers, yeah those primers... Well I have not really researched this too much to see if they can be made, but just stock up on them, there is only a few kinds, small pistol, large pistol, small rifler and large rifle. They usually come in a box of 1K and go for about $35ish?
Some of the PCP air rifles out there pack a punch, too. Isn't it pretty common to find one that can hit 1200fps with a .22 caliber pellet?

Cad

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah but if that's the scenario unless you're a well defended area raiders are going to likely eat you alive. Though I could see this being useful in a Katrina type scenario where breakdown is very limited.

Survival in this situation will always be about your group and your armament, but having food is better than not having food, thats all I’m saying.

Last edited:

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Thoughts on animal feed and dog food? Feel like while people rush to the grocery store to grab stuff it may be better to grab shelf stable kibble to make it through the rough part.

I also plan on not surviving, just a thought

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Thoughts on animal feed and dog food? Feel like while people rush to the grocery store to grab stuff it may be better to grab shelf stable kibble to make it through the rough part.

I also plan on not surviving, just a thought
Well, then don't worry about it. You're the kibble.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Sad to say but in a real survival situation you're not going to feed your dog. Not for long anyway. A lot of tribal people kept dogs but when times got tough the dogs usually got eaten.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wouldn't feed the dog I have right now but the upkeep is no reason to abandon a tool as useful as a dog can be.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Did you read that Bosnian story? When women are selling themselves for a can of spam that dog's not going to do anything for you that's worth what it's going to eat. I love dogs and I use them for working cattle but they don't do anything I couldn't do another way.

Cybsled

Did you read that Bosnian story? When women are selling themselves for a can of spam that dog's not going to do anything for you that's worth what it's going to eat. I love dogs and I use them for working cattle but they don't do anything I couldn't do another way.

They can outrun humans, which becomes helpful when people eventually devolve into roaming tribes of cannibals.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That reminds me!

The 1964 adaptation of I Am Legend (titled The Last Man on Earth) starring Vincent Price is in the public domain! A super flu rampages across the planet killing almost everyone. Those it doesn't kill are mutated in to some kind of zombie/vampire monster that only comes out at night. Also there are twists!

I unironically like it more than the Will Smith one. It's not really even close.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

I don't think anyone is advocating making serious sacrifices to keep a dog fed, but as has been mentioned earlier in the thread there are definitely psychological benefits to having an animal for companionship.

So much of all potential discussion about prepping/survival really depends a lot on what the scenario actually is.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Huh? you are going to feed your dog the corpses of your neighbors. The people around you who potentially know the layout of your property and home are a security risk, they are the first to go. Besides, their food supplies are closest and easiest to haul back to your nest. You arent gonna travel across town to do raids.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't think I'd want my dog developing a taste for humans, but thanks for the suggestion Ramsay.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You guys are doing a good job of convincing me I need to move further and further away from people.

• 3Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't think anyone is advocating making serious sacrifices to keep a dog fed, but as has been mentioned earlier in the thread there are definitely psychological benefits to having an animal for companionship.

So much of all potential discussion about prepping/survival really depends a lot on what the scenario actually is.

If you're prepping than your pets are part of the equation. Drowning your cat in a bucket of water on day zero is going to be bad for household morale so maybe have some extra dry on hand is all I'm saying.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
If you're prepping than your pets are part of the equation. Drowning your cat in a bucket of water on day zero is going to be bad for household morale so maybe have some extra dry on hand is all I'm saying.
Cat? A fucking CAT? No bro, drown that fucker on day zero.

Rime

<Donor>
I use my terrier for ratting in the spring/fall. Wood rats love to set up not far from the out buildings, terrier gets right in there, rips them right out of the ground, brings them back for praise/treats. Will do the same with rabbits if given half a chance.

My GSDs 'herd' the chickens and keep the barn cats in check.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>

Sure, nothing wrong with keeping a couple bags of kibble on hand for a non-total disaster. If it's you or the dog though, sorry dog.

The cat on the other hand, I'll kill my cat just because I heard a gunshot on the off chance that it's the apocalypse and not just my neighbor sighting in his rifle for deer season.

• 1Worf