The Prepper Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How about a Fury Road world where you get to be Furiosa's sex slave?
LOL in that world there's 0 fucking shot a pencil necked femboi like Charlize Theron is gettin' this dick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
LOL in that world there's 0 fucking shot a pencil necked femboi like Charlize Theron is gettin' this dick.
Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I'd volunteer to be her blood bag for a year just to get a whiff of her Chupacabra

• 1Pathetic

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I'd volunteer to be her blood bag for a year just to get a whiff of her Chupacabra
Charlize is hot as FUCK, but in a world where I'm Immortan Joe, my precious seed isn't being spilt for femboi Charlize. It's only for those child bearing hips, ya dig?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
rice is actually cheap now, at least this brand (there are many varieties, but i assume you'll just trust my asian ass and buy whatever i say)
dbd52ae98a0c5f61ea65bf7f00439f6a.png

Nishiki Premium Rice, Medium Grain, 240 Oz, Pack of 1

the 15lbs are good b/c a 5gallon bucket can hold 36lbs of rice

a home depot bucket and lid costs 7bucks, so buy that, but two of these and DO NOT open them, just put them in the bucket, the bucket is there to protect the rice from moisture/rats, etc, it's not a "food safe" bucket, but those costs like 10bucks (i think they have gone down in price tho if you want to just cut it out)

30lbs of rice should last white ppl a good long time, maybe get two buckets, the investment would barely break 100bucks for 60lbs of rice gold

No three ladies rice, F-, you fail at being asian. Probably don't even have a rice cooker that can handle a rice that has a warning of "wash only once".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No three ladies rice, F-, you fail at being asian. Probably don't even have a rice cooker that can handle a rice that has a warning of "wash only once".
thats jasmine rice, white ppl don't know how to cook jasmine rice well

it's also 5x more expensive

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
For some stupid reason prepping came up today when talking to my brother. He mentioned that he just bought 3 months from Patriot supply,I think that's the name, which seems like not a lot. Just for him, not his wife, she has to buy her own. He went on to mention that his buddy has a 12 year supply for his family stockpiled. Earlier this week a bunch of doctors I work with were taking about the chickens they had all just bought. So I'm starting to plan for after the first winter. I'm talking seeds and canning of course.

Basically I keep 3 months around and usually have a few more months quickly available as well as hunting/defense stuff.

Now I live in the north and winter would cause it's own issues but let's assume all the canned glass doesn't freeze and break. Is there a list of essential things to grow for prepping and canning? We have canned often in the past, I'm talking food grown for nutrients that can well and give good balanced nutrition.

• 1Worf

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For some stupid reason prepping came up today when talking to my brother. He mentioned that he just bought 3 months from Patriot supply,I think that's the name, which seems like not a lot. Just for him, not his wife, she has to buy her own. He went on to mention that his buddy has a 12 year supply for his family stockpiled. Earlier this week a bunch of doctors I work with were taking about the chickens they had all just bought. So I'm starting to plan for after the first winter. I'm talking seeds and canning of course.

Basically I keep 3 months around and usually have a few more months quickly available as well as hunting/defense stuff.

Now I live in the north and winter would cause it's own issues but let's assume all the canned glass doesn't freeze and break. Is there a list of essential things to grow for prepping and canning? We have canned often in the past, I'm talking food grown for nutrients that can well and give good balanced nutrition.

I think if we have a total collapse, or partial, or just serious lack of food. Ideally someone would have food and seeds stored up, and enough food that if the first 1-2 years of harvest don't go quite right, you have backup. Battery powered tools, solar panels, decent batteries, big deep freezers. Lots of stuff can be done. When I think about whats going to happen in the next few years my biggest thought is will there be fuel available, if there is fuel, thats a game changer, if the gas/diesel gets shut off, then it's pretty much total collapse.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Root cellar will keep your stuff from freezing.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
He went on to mention that his buddy has a 12 year supply for his family stockpiled.
There's just no way. Even a 2 year supply for a family of four would be a tremendous amount of food, but at least within the realm of believability. 12 years would be like 500 square feet of rice and bean buckets stacked roof to ceiling.

The basic rule (that many preppers are terrible about following) is to eat what you prep and prep what you eat. A bucket of beans is gonna leave you with crippling intestinal cramps if you aren't used to having that much fiber in a day. For specifics just watch any of the dozens of YT videos on the topic, they all generally cover the same points. You also don't have to go straight into full on prepping, you can just start the way I did with a heavy duty steel shelving unit as a pantry extension.

• 1Like

Oldbased

> Than U

Every room in our house has a pile of something, be it fishing/camping gear, buckets and buckets and buckets of ReadyWise, Augason Farms, Mountain House, Patriot Supply, Inverter Gens, solar panels, LEDS, tools and weaponry and so on. Got no kids and I just get shit when I see a good deal. Just bought a 12gauge 75 foot extension cord to 4 outlets on a reel and a nice hatchet for example. Most of the food was bought on clearance sales where places like Walmart would sell a $160 bucket of Augason Farms variety 25 year bucket for $40 and so on. Lately been watching and picking when I see deals on fuel pellets, oils and so forth. Also eyeing a manual grain mill which would be pretty vital. Our biggest hurdle continues to be water. We got YEARS of food going by servings which I don't believe but water. Eh.
We have lifestraws and such and we have multiple stacking 6 gallon containers and even a water barrel and a $40 kit to turn a bathtub into a massive water balloon and we rotate 20 2.5 gallon spring water containers monthly but depending on what happens if anything, there may be no usable water source. So we have foods, seeds, ability to generate power, heat ( even small AC and refridgeration long term ) security cams and electronics but water. We have maybe 3-4 months MAX water and having space for more is tiresome. Adding to it all, ALL the food requires massive water AND it all has sodium in it which dehydrates you more than normal meals.

If natural sources are not corrupted, we good. If they are, well shit.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

There's just no way. Even a 2 year supply for a family of four would be a tremendous amount of food, but at least within the realm of believability. 12 years would be like 500 square feet of rice and bean buckets stacked roof to ceiling.

The basic rule (that many preppers are terrible about following) is to eat what you prep and prep what you eat. A bucket of beans is gonna leave you with crippling intestinal cramps if you aren't used to having that much fiber in a day. For specifics just watch any of the dozens of YT videos on the topic, they all generally cover the same points. You also don't have to go straight into full on prepping, you can just start the way I did with a heavy duty steel shelving unit as a pantry extension.

A mix of freeze dried food with rice and bean buckets is probably the best way to go. Can't beat cost and density of rice and beans, and having the freeze dried food will give some taste and salt. Though time is running out to get this kind of stuff at a reasonable price.

30 day supply

This thing has double in price in the past 6 months and has periods where it is not available.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>

He's Serbian, very extreme and that's pretty much correct as far as volume. He's got a ton of very interesting things about him.

Yeah, I've set up the shelving and my wife and I buy bulk stuff regularly eating the oldest. The biggest issue we have is no basement and we're in a townhome for now although we are likely to move soon. Not because of housing prices or need, we just want to be further out. I've looked over those buckets and other than the literal bucket it's pretty straightforward and cheap to duplicate it yourself. The difficulty for me is simply where to store 2 years of bulk for 4 adults. If things got really bad I'd have to move my family in with my in laws (they're in their mid 80s) and moving just just food, weapons and some basic clothing would be near impossible. Maybe I'll just bring our winter clothes over there now since summer is here.

B_Mizzle

He's Serbian, very extreme and that's pretty much correct as far as volume. He's got a ton of very interesting things about him.

Yeah, I've set up the shelving and my wife and I buy bulk stuff regularly eating the oldest. The biggest issue we have is no basement and we're in a townhome for now although we are likely to move soon. Not because of housing prices or need, we just want to be further out. I've looked over those buckets and other than the literal bucket it's pretty straightforward and cheap to duplicate it yourself. The difficulty for me is simply where to store 2 years of bulk for 4 adults. If things got really bad I'd have to move my family in with my in laws (they're in their mid 80s) and moving just just food, weapons and some basic clothing would be near impossible. Maybe I'll just bring our winter clothes over there now since summer is here.

It's not as bad as you think space wise. An average size female and male combination would be very healthy on about 3500 calories a day. It's about 2.5 million calories for 2 people for 2 years. For example split peas are about 1560 calories per pound, can fit about 33 pounds in a bucket maybe more. That's 50k calories per bucket. Pinto beans is a similar number. A more space efficient way to store them other than buckets would be double bag them and stack the bags, you would need about 50 bags/buckets. Obviously if you can store a couple hundred pounds of pork/bacon you would be able to dramatically reduce how many bags of dried food you need.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Every room in our house has a pile of something, be it fishing/camping gear, buckets and buckets and buckets of ReadyWise, Augason Farms, Mountain House, Patriot Supply, Inverter Gens, solar panels, LEDS, tools and weaponry and so on. Got no kids and I just get shit when I see a good deal. Just bought a 12gauge 75 foot extension cord to 4 outlets on a reel and a nice hatchet for example. Most of the food was bought on clearance sales where places like Walmart would sell a $160 bucket of Augason Farms variety 25 year bucket for $40 and so on. Lately been watching and picking when I see deals on fuel pellets, oils and so forth. Also eyeing a manual grain mill which would be pretty vital. Our biggest hurdle continues to be water. We got YEARS of food going by servings which I don't believe but water. Eh.
We have lifestraws and such and we have multiple stacking 6 gallon containers and even a water barrel and a $40 kit to turn a bathtub into a massive water balloon and we rotate 20 2.5 gallon spring water containers monthly but depending on what happens if anything, there may be no usable water source. So we have foods, seeds, ability to generate power, heat ( even small AC and refridgeration long term ) security cams and electronics but water. We have maybe 3-4 months MAX water and having space for more is tiresome. Adding to it all, ALL the food requires massive water AND it all has sodium in it which dehydrates you more than normal meals.

If natural sources are not corrupted, we good. If they are, well shit.

Throw one of those 200 dollar pools in the back yard and fill it up? Cover it to minimize the sun causing algae growth?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Relatives that old impose a pretty harsh moral dilemma if shit were to actually hit the fan.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Relatives that old impose a pretty harsh moral dilemma if shit were to actually hit the fan.
Once they can't produce enough to justify keeping em arund... Gun em down. They'd understand in heaven. And what the fuck do you eat where a 12 year supply is 500 square feet stacked floor to ceiling. Are you planning to gain weight in survival mode? Holy fuck learn to budget your food.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Actually that's an easy one. He's an old marine, we'd both pretty much just resign ourselves to the same fate, pushing the next gen up and taking the hits if needed.

If things really get bad all the soft people with cats and dogs are probably going to provide the countryside with a steady source of meat.