The progressive rock thread

These bands are getting better and better at corraling youtube content. This is allegedly Page's fave tune, which he wrote on a dare from JPJ to write a song around an awkward arpeggio. IMO, this is the best recording; the offical one compresses it. You get a real feel for how loud they played with this cut:\

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I really don't know what this could be classified as but i love Heilung

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Damn. This band is killin me, thnx Cleetus! (footnote: damn I miss RJD!)

Goes to show that if you stick around long enough I'm bound to post something you like ;o) On a side note, she's wearing a Witchfinder General tee. I had the picture disc that was banned because it depicted violence against women. Not prog, but what the hell . . .

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've been really getting into Camel again lately

The rerelease version of this one is even better (significantly altered track listing) but I can only find this OG one on YouTube. The rerelease is on Amazon Music, Spotify too I assume.

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
So I was listening to Cynic today and got off on a wiki walk.

...this one hurts. This one hurts a lot. 48 is way too fucking young. He apparently was dead for a while by the time his husband found him, and his organs were non-viable by the time they got him to a hospital. They also refused to use him as a tissue donor because he was gay. So...yeah.

Bad year for prog drummers.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity