The progressive rock thread

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Reddit has running polls on the best prog rock songs, with mostly the usuals winning. But the other day there was a good discussion on the band Nektar I found interesting. My favorite Album has always been Tab in the Ocean, with Remember the Future and Magic is a Child as close seconds. Yet the Reddit consensus seems to settle on their first album, Journey to the Center of the Eye, and this song in particular.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Argarth

On the verandah
Reddit has running polls on the best prog rock songs, with mostly the usuals winning. But the other day there was a good discussion on the band Nektar I found interesting. My favorite Album has always been Tab in the Ocean, with Remember the Future and Magic is a Child as close seconds. Yet the Reddit consensus seems to settle on their first album, Journey to the Center of the Eye, and this song in particular.

My god man, I'd completely forgotten about this band, used to have the vinyl. Some pretty old memories (good ones) just came flooding back after listening to that. Thanks!

edit: Catching up with the whole album now on YT as I type. Amazing...

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The name of that video made me think of an old favorite.

It says Burn My Eyes in the song. Right around 2:54

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cleetus-Meetbeetus

<Silver Donator>
Here's an obscure one. Vangelis Papathanassiou may be best known for his Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire sound tracks, and collaboration with Jon Anderson, but he was also influential in the early progressive rock genre with the band Aphrodite's Child . . . and another obscure band called Socrates.