The Red Letter Media Appreciation Thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
In one of the prior Halloween episodes Jay's pouring out shots of Maker's Mark during the discussion and everyone gets so hammered they have to call off filming and start it up a few days later.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
^^^ I think he was fooling the audience, that 'boot' glass kept looking filled up. He was sipping from it, yes, but then it looked like it was even higher, like he'd drained it and done a re-fill.

I watched that Halloween special last night, I had read here how you guys were saying Mike was drunkest you'd ever seen. He was drunk sure, but I was expecting worse when I saw him unloading those cheap liquor bottles into the punch. There's now way he was drinking multiple glasses full of that stuff and still able to function.

Oh and in regards to the films they watched, that one that tried to use Golden Retreivers as attack dogs was the biggest laugh I've had in a while.
in my 20s i had a drinking contest with a friend and i drank a pitcher of that "jungle juice" shit that Mike made. my friend tried to match me and he ended up sick as a dog and puked his guts out. i didnt puke, but i was so hammered that i could barely feel my feet when i was walking. there is no way i could do that now. Mike would be fucking dead. it had to be a gag.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
in my 20s i had a drinking contest with a friend and i drank a pitcher of that "jungle juice" shit that Mike made. my friend tried to match me and he ended up sick as a dog and puked his guts out. i didnt puke, but i was so hammered that i could barely feel my feet when i was walking. there is no way i could do that now. Mike would be fucking dead. it had to be a gag.
Alcoholics upregulate liver enzymes to break down alcohol, can take more abuse. Leave the bud light in the fridge :D

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

I come from East Coast Canada where we are reknowned drinkers.

We used to to take a lined garbage can and everyone would bring a 40 and we would mix it all, dilute a little, and add purple koolaid - Purple Jesus.

We also had some concoction with Gin, Vodka, Beer and green koolaid called the Green Dinosaur.

I attended a party in a uni in Ontario where they had an airliner nosecone regularly used for some sort of Purple Jesus mix.

I guess what I am saying is, in Canada this is par-for-the-course, not the exception as for you American 3% pussies. Outside of WIsconsin I guess lol.

It should be noted that I quit drinking in 2006 after taking off my shirt no less than 4 times during Stampede week in Calgary. And surviving several years as a functioning alcoholic before that.

Edit - and didn't every kid ever make "Swamp Water" by mixing small amounts of every bottle in your Dad's liquor cabinet? I know "swamp water" in more innocent circles was a mix of different sodas, but that definition changes for teenagers......

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Edit - and didn't every kid ever make "Swamp Water" by mixing small amounts of every bottle in your Dad's liquor cabinet? I know "swamp water" in more innocent circles was a mix of different sodas, but that definition changes for teenagers......

I think it was just the children of alcoholics that did that.

When my cousin (who has fetal alcohol syndrome) was a kid, he would go around finishing the abandoned beer and mixed drinks, at the big family parties we had (St. Patrick's day). He was around 10 the first time he was caught doing it.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I think it was just the children of alcoholics that did that.

When my cousin (who has fetal alcohol syndrome) was a kid, he would go around finishing the abandoned beer and mixed drinks, at the big family parties we had (St. Patrick's day). He was around 10 the first time he was caught doing it.
Are you fucking calling my parents alcoholics you son of a bitch?

Just kidding, they totally were!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Are you fucking calling my parents alcoholics you son of a bitch?

Just kidding, they totally were!
i think i got lucky, my parents didnt really drink, but they didnt mind if i did, only rule i had was no drinking outside of the house. of course i broke that rule a few times, but i kept the drinking at home, which wasnt much fun because i wasnt impressing anyone. the rest of my family loved drinking at parties, of course everyone would drink, even us kids got small shots of whiskey. i think my aunts and uncles got a kick out of watching us kids get all loopy. fun times.

• 2Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
i think i got lucky, my parents didnt really drink, but they didnt mind if i did, only rule i had was no drinking outside of the house. of course i broke that rule a few times, but i kept the drinking at home, which wasnt much fun because i wasnt impressing anyone. the rest of my family loved drinking at parties, of course everyone would drink, even us kids got small shots of whiskey. i think my aunts and uncles got a kick out of watching us kids get all loopy. fun times.

Thinks were different back when you were a child in the 1920s.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Thinks were different back when you were a child in the 1920s.
tenor.gif

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I told my wife I might get drunk for the election, she said, "Okay, just don't get super hungover like you did last time.". I am not a big drinker, quite the opposite, so I honestly didn't know what to drink. I don't like beer, didn't want to drink rye, so I went with vodka...

Temp(4).jpg

Yes, I looked at it because of the hack frauds and bought it. I plan on keeping the bottle on my mantle of crap.

Took a sip and it's not bad. It's not bad at all. Overpriced but I am cheap and don't know shit about good alcohol so whatevs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I told my wife I might get drunk for the election, she said, "Okay, just don't get super hungover like you did last time.". I am not a big drinker, quite the opposite, so I honestly didn't know what to drink. I don't like beer, didn't want to drink rye, so I went with vodka...

View attachment 314480

Yes, I looked at it because of the hack frauds and bought it. I plan on keeping the bottle on my mantle of crap.

Took a sip and it's not bad. It's not bad at all. Overpriced but I am cheap and don't know shit about good alcohol so whatevs.
even the cheapest vodka you can just toss in with some orange juice and get pleasantly blasted. i think myhbusters were able to make good vodka out of shit vodka by putting it through a Brita filter.

• 3Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
It is not as much fun, if they actually enjoy it. I want more trauma therapy with Discovery and Picard.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It was interesting for me watching the Star Trek video they did a week or two ago.

To explain a little: I had started earlier this year doing what I planned out as a start to finish rewatch of all Star Trek next gen. Back when it very first came out, I had actually been so un-impressed during the middle of the first season that I had given up on the show. Getting into it later on in season 2. Then by the 3rd I was hooked, by the end of the run, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best TV shows ever. Even in saying that there has probably been episodes I'd missed. Since then, over the years, I had caught numerous episodes on repeat so I had always seen them from time to time.

But I had decided to watch the whole thing over, start to finish, good and bad ( They're all on Netflix - here ) . . . . and . . . I ran out of interest mid way through season 1 again. At the time I felt it was just a brief break from it, work hours, other projects, other things to watch . . . etc. But a number of months had since passed.

But watching that last video, Mike and Rich's enthusiasm and enjoyment of the show, gave me the spark back, so yep I started watching them again.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Was surprised to see a second video so quickly.

Season 6, spisode 25. Timescape. Pretty good episode. He remarked they looked like they were calling it in. Well, it was the 25th episode and I am sure they were all worn out dead. Still a very solid episode. The very ending is why this show was so good.

• 1Like

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was interesting for me watching the Star Trek video they did a week or two ago.

To explain a little: I had started earlier this year doing what I planned out as a start to finish rewatch of all Star Trek next gen. Back when it very first came out, I had actually been so un-impressed during the middle of the first season that I had given up on the show. Getting into it later on in season 2. Then by the 3rd I was hooked, by the end of the run, I would go so far as to say it's one of the best TV shows ever. Even in saying that there has probably been episodes I'd missed. Since then, over the years, I had caught numerous episodes on repeat so I had always seen them from time to time.

But I had decided to watch the whole thing over, start to finish, good and bad ( They're all on Netflix - here ) . . . . and . . . I ran out of interest mid way through season 1 again. At the time I felt it was just a brief break from it, work hours, other projects, other things to watch . . . etc. But a number of months had since passed.

But watching that last video, Mike and Rich's enthusiasm and enjoyment of the show, gave me the spark back, so yep I started watching them again.

Season 1 (and 2 to some extent) episodes always felt awkward to me even when I was still watching reruns on TV back in the 90s. The characters haven't quite matured into what we know from the later seasons, so they act kind of odd at times (Data and Worf are all over the place and there's some particularly cringe bits where Picard actually uses a french accent). Once they switch to the new uniforms (S3 and later) everything is far more consistent.

Doing a rewatch now and I just skip anything related below 7.0 on imdb. It's old style episodic TV so there isn't really a story arc to follow anyway.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
In the middle of my lagging interest, I did find a web page with a full series episode listing that really listed about 2/3rds the episodes as the ones to bother watching.

Being sure that you would watch the ones that introduced characters or story elements that would matter later. Skip most of the rest.

It looked like a smart thing.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In the middle of my lagging interest, I did find a web page with a full series episode listing that really listed about 2/3rds the episodes as the ones to bother watching.

Being sure that you would watch the ones that introduced characters or story elements that would matter later. Skip most of the rest.

It looked like a smart thing.
But then you miss Loxana Troi and Alexander's nude clown spa.

1xmh1p0qchv31.jpg

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It is not as much fun, if they actually enjoy it. I want more trauma therapy with Discovery and Picard.
They should do a worst of series. I'm betting at least half will be Worf or Lwaxana episodes. Or Troi. They started hitting on that with the Worf (of course) multiverse episode. The only part I liked about that episode was the universe where the Borg was fucking them up and their Enterprise blew up with a mild phaser hit, and Riker's like, "Oops."